Information about "Adventure Zones" (or ESO's endgame PvP) is starting to leak

#1KingRajeshPosted 3/9/2014 7:03:45 AM
http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/craglorn-adventure-zone/

Picture a new zone like Auridon (or Stonefalls). Now cut that zone down to about 2/3rds that size. Next make everything approximately veteran rank 5-10 (sorta like level 52). Now take those mobs, and make 4x as many in each group. That would be the overworld of the zone.

Now within that zone there is usually an instance dungeon for 4 players (Spindleclutch or whatever). Now take that dungeon, and make the same changes as above (excluding the size I would imagine). The zone is now stuffed full of mobs that are veteran rank 10+ and various bosses that are tuned for 12 players. This is were things get foggy for us – all we know past here is that we can imagine they are close in scale and difficulty as “raids” in past MMO’s (WoW).

However, I don’t think WoW has an example of an adventure zone really. They seem to go back to more of an EQ/DAoC old school raid zone type of deal – with the added innovation of instancing of the actual raid bosses. The zone will be sort of like an extremely huge 4 man dungeon (that is not instanced) , and the “Trials” will be like Black Temple or possibly something like Mount Hyjal (Hyjal seems like a better bet to me with the ESO system I have seen thus far).

The zone itself will have crafting mats, things to loot, quests, chests, and other stuff besides stuff to kill with your 4-12 player groups. It is also noted that if you want to raid - you're going to have to put in the time to get Veteran Rank 10 - i.e., at least 250 hours - maybe even more to craft Veteran Rank 10 Blue armor.
---
High Prophet of the Church of Wilson-ism #GoHawks #NoTimeToSleep
NFLB's Best Fan - Seattle Seahawks - Two Years Running
#2Hylian88Posted 3/9/2014 9:30:15 AM
That sounds amazing.
---
www.facebook.com/Hylian
www.twitter.com/Hylian88
#3KingRajesh(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2014 10:38:59 AM
I meant PvE in the topic title.
---
#4nobattlePosted 3/9/2014 10:44:16 AM
It's not on PTS yet right? That thread will be locked or whatever.

Amazing post btw. Getting tired of the crap zenimax money argument (I might summon them), and the nothing new to MMO which is cherry picking the best points of one MMO game and comparing it to what the game offers.
---
"There is no such thing as absolute freedom because, in truth, we are still prisoners of society"
SOLA - http://www.solaguild.com/apps
#5KingRajesh(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2014 10:56:50 AM
nobattle posted...
It's not on PTS yet right? That thread will be locked or whatever.

Amazing post btw. Getting tired of the crap zenimax money argument (I might summon them), and the nothing new to MMO which is cherry picking the best points of one MMO game and comparing it to what the game offers.

It's a fresh new take on end-game content. I'm sure even when you hit Veteran Rank 10 you won't be able to just hit the raids.
---
#6Ish_basicPosted 3/9/2014 10:57:05 AM
Really great news. I'm so bored of the typical end-game MMO instance treadmill. Be interesting to give this a try.
#7KingRajesh(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2014 2:50:28 PM
Ish_basic posted...
Really great news. I'm so bored of the typical end-game MMO instance treadmill. Be interesting to give this a try.

I'm pretty excited too.
---
#8Cool_Dude667Posted 3/9/2014 7:01:55 PM
Get hyped!
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#9LaManoNeraIIPosted 3/9/2014 9:01:09 PM
It's essentially a New Game+

Hit level cap and complete the main story of your faction, then head to another faction's territory and do that to advance your Veteran ranks, except all the monster are on steroids and hate you a lot more
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#10Cool_Dude667Posted 3/9/2014 9:11:31 PM
LaManoNeraII posted...
It's essentially a New Game+

Hit level cap and complete the main story of your faction, then head to another faction's territory and do that to advance your Veteran ranks, except all the monster are on steroids and hate you a lot more

You have no idea how this works do you? lol
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi