Gold...they need to fix this

#1ShaminardrgnPosted 4/16/2014 6:11:51 AM
Who else agrees that we should get more gold from dead enemies and quest rewards? Only receiving 1 gold from corpses and 50 for quests is silly. Especially with the price of things, like horses. And you often spend the money on potions and repair kits resulting in going straight back to zero again.

I'd say make it so you get around 100 to 700 gold from bodies, and 1000 to 10,000 from quests.

Not only will this make the game work more fluidly, but it will also get rid of those pesky money-bot spammers, since no-one will resort to their shady 'services'

We should at least address this to Bethesda or Zanimax, since if they fix this, people will enjoy the game more.
---
"If Ripto were here, I'd give him a piece of my mind!" : Moneybags from Spyro 2
#2SackBoiPosted 4/16/2014 6:20:04 AM
Yeah the buzzkiller of getting 200g after a fourty minute quest, where I got nothing from mobs (and I want to craft) at level 25-_-.
---
GTA V: XBL Gamer Tag: The_Koolaidman0 ---Feel free to add
3DS: Koolaid 3024 5113 5894, feel free to add
#3DaLaggaPosted 4/16/2014 6:27:48 AM
I don't think you understand. If the game rewarded you with enough money to make the game fun (i.e. like the rest of the TES series), then the developers wouldn't have been doing their job. This is an MMO and as such, it isn't designed to be fun. It's designed to be an addicting grindfest so that people will play for as long as possible and continue paying those delicious monthly fees.

You see, designing the game so that it had around 300 hours of interesting content like other Bethesda titles wouldn't work for an MMO because people would blow through that in a month or two. And since development resources are limited, they need to keep people playing as long as possible with minimal effort on the developers part. Which is precisely why MMO's are based on Skinner Box psychology - simple repetitive tasks with small but variable reward systems to keep people addicted.

As a result, instead of 300 hours worth of quality content, what you get in an MMO is thousands upon thousands of hours of menial pointless content that people continue to slog through because it's addicting. It's the difference between a juicy high quality $20 steak and $20 worth of stale bread laced with cocaine. You may get more bread for your buck, and it may keep you coming back for more, but it isn't a quality meal no matter how much you try to convince yourself otherwise.
#4SackBoiPosted 4/16/2014 6:31:45 AM
DaLagga posted...
I don't think you understand. If the game rewarded you with enough money to make the game fun (i.e. like the rest of the TES series), then the developers wouldn't have been doing their job. This is an MMO and as such, it isn't designed to be fun. It's designed to be an addicting grindfest so that people will play for as long as possible and continue paying those delicious monthly fees.

You see, designing the game so that it had around 300 hours of interesting content like other Bethesda titles wouldn't work for an MMO because people would blow through that in a month or two. And since development resources are limited, they need to keep people playing as long as possible with minimal effort on the developers part. Which is precisely why MMO's are based on Skinner Box psychology - simple repetitive tasks with small but variable reward systems to keep people addicted.

As a result, instead of 300 hours worth of quality content, what you get in an MMO is thousands upon thousands of hours of menial pointless content that people continue to slog through because it's addicting. It's the difference between a juicy high quality $20 steak and $20 worth of stale bread laced with cocaine. You may get more bread for your buck, and it may keep you coming back for more, but it isn't a quality meal no matter how much you try to convince yourself otherwise.

Doesn't work like this for an MMO. Why waste time commenting about a single player game and how it's concepts fit an MMO?
---
#5IcyBrilliancePosted 4/16/2014 6:33:18 AM
I think it's fine. I mean it was strange at first having mobs drop so little but I've gotten used to it. And it felt like more of an achievement when I finally got my horse.

Shaminardrgn posted...
Who else agrees that we should get more gold from dead enemies and quest rewards? Only receiving 1 gold from corpses and 50 for quests is silly. Especially with the price of things, like horses. And you often spend the money on potions and repair kits resulting in going straight back to zero again.

I'd say make it so you get around 100 to 700 gold from bodies, and 1000 to 10,000 from quests.

Not only will this make the game work more fluidly, but it will also get rid of those pesky money-bot spammers, since no-one will resort to their shady 'services'

We should at least address this to Bethesda or Zanimax, since if they fix this, people will enjoy the game more.

Those numbers are crazy and would make gold nearly worthless. Gold sellers would still be selling because to buy anything worth while you'd need millions of gold. Meanwhile their bots would be running round AoEing mobs 24/7.
#6DaLaggaPosted 4/16/2014 6:42:06 AM
SackBoi posted...
Doesn't work like this for an MMO. Why waste time commenting about a single player game and how it's concepts fit an MMO?

Most of my comments were specifically about MMO's. Instead of focusing on good game design like SP titles, MMO design is focused on making the game addicting and dragging every little thing out so that an activity that takes 3 hours in a SP game will take 300 hours in an MMO. As such, ESO is specifically designed to be a long, menial, grindfest that completely lacks the atmosphere, sense of pace and progression, and overall quality gameplay of the SP titles.
#7Neo98765Posted 4/16/2014 6:47:20 AM
The way I see it, they're really pushing you to buy a horse in their cash shop there
---
PSN ID: Logisitcs
#8XenoMechaPosted 4/16/2014 7:08:02 AM
People sure do complain a lot. Do you want to finish the entire game in 3 days, just to sit around and complain you have nothing to do?
---
PSN: Eternius00
#9SackBoiPosted 4/16/2014 7:11:51 AM
XenoMecha posted...
People sure do complain a lot. Do you want to finish the entire game in 3 days, just to sit around and complain you have nothing to do?

How does that have anything to do with a limited gold supply?
---
#10DaLaggaPosted 4/16/2014 7:12:37 AM
XenoMecha posted...

The developers sure don't want you to finish anything in a matter of days. If you did, they couldn't continue to milk you with their various monetization schemes.