Dawnguard Additions

#1HK69Posted 6/17/2012 1:26:51 AM
10-20 Hours of game play, new area, and general updates.

It is integrated into skyrim seamlessly, no going back and forth.

Horse combat with ranged and melee weapons, New homes in one of two faction castles,
dragon bone weapons, access to the soul carrion - a realm of oblivion - , new shouts, legendary dragon foes, various new enemies, a new undead summon-able mount, yes crossbows(work off of bow perk tree and skill), armored troll help when joining the dawnguard, and blood potions in the vamp faction that heal and count towards feeding.

New perk tree for werewolves:
Bestial strength(4 levels) - 25% damage increase per level
Totem of the ice brothers - unknown - prerequisite = Bestial Strength
Totem of the moon - howl to summon werewolf ally - pre = ice brothers
Totem of the predator - unknown - pre = Bestial strength
Totem of terror - upgrade fear howl to higher level - pre = Bestial strength
Animal Vigor - 100 points to health and stamina in beast form - pre = Bestial Strength
Gorging - Feeding heals twice as much - pre = animal vigor
Savage Feeding - unknown - pre = Gorging

Vampire lord sub race that is available for those that join the vampire faction.
New perk tree for Vampire lords:
Power of the grave- 50 points to health, stamina, and magika
Detect all creatures- self explanatory - pre = power of the grave
Mist form (Oh Crap! button) - Turn into invulnerable mist and regen health, stamina, and magika - pre = Detect all creatures
Super natural Reflexes - you move fast, enemies move slow - pre = mist form
Unearthly Will - 33% off the cost of night powers and blood magic - pre = power of the grave
Blood healing - killing a person with a power attack bite restores all your health - pre = power of the grave
Poison Talons - 20 points of poison damage to vamp claw attacks - pre = Unearthly will or Blood healing
Night Cloak - shroud of bats that feed on enemies in melee range - pre = Poison talons
Vampiric Grip - Blood Magic: can pull a creature to you from a distance, and do choking damage once it's close - pre = power of the grave
Summon Gargoyle - self explanatory - pre = Vampiric Grip
Corpse Curse - Paralyze foes with a magical blast - pre = Summon Gargoyle

My info on Dawnguard is limited to this, so please add any relevant info you may have and understand that all this is subject to change until and maybe after official release.
#2glassghost0Posted 6/17/2012 2:49:28 AM
I don't know if where your saying the vampires turn into mist is talking about how you can turn into 'bats' or not, but that's like a dodge function kinda or whatever
---
Check out my Youtube Videos at https://www.youtube.com/user/GlassGhost0/videos
#3HK69(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2012 12:18:55 PM
Sorry forgot to add the bats ability. You get it when you become a vampire lord. It turns you into a cloud of bats and is mainly used as a dodge ability. Separate from mist form.
#4xWade42xPosted 6/19/2012 12:31:34 AM
Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to getting back into Skyrim again. :)
---
Mass Effect 3 - 10/10
Dragon's Dogma - 9/10 'Tis pure awesome
#5MEFreak1984Posted 6/19/2012 8:42:30 AM
As an owner of the PS3 version, I am truly jealous of you lucky people. I will be waiting with baited breath for this expansion on PS3. Also, does Vampire Lord favor mages and rogue type characters? Normal vampirism favored them, I hope it's more balanced so a warrior type can take advantage of the awesome sounding skill tree.
---
PSN ID: BladeGash
"We don't have to take this, back against the wall. We don't have to take this, we can end it all"
#6liquidskaterPosted 6/19/2012 7:43:46 PM
^Think of the Vampire Lord as a Werewolf transformation, you're very limited to your actions. No menus are accessible besides the Vampire Lord perk tree while you are transformed. So no warrior/mage, simply another beast.
#7MEFreak1984Posted 6/21/2012 5:37:18 PM
liquidskater posted...
^Think of the Vampire Lord as a Werewolf transformation, you're very limited to your actions. No menus are accessible besides the Vampire Lord perk tree while you are transformed. So no warrior/mage, simply another beast.

Okay, so it doesn't really matter what type of character I use. That's good, I'm gonna start a Nord character named Vlad solely to become a Vampire Lord and use his new abilities to one day rule Skyrim with a brutal, bloodthirsty fist.
---
"We don't have to take this, back against the wall. We don't have to take this, we can end it all"
#8SSB_RoyPosted 6/21/2012 6:22:40 PM
There are several new enemies, gargoyles, and more. New set of Dragonbane weapons, plus they are adding Crossbows. Mounted combat makes it way into Skyrim, weapons only though, no spells. Also, the Vampire Lord transformation can be used at will, unlike the werewolf transformation. And, even if you are at the highest level of vampirism, citizens will not attack you unless you are in vampire lord form. That's just a few that I could think, there are many more sweet additions. Oh, yeah there's going to be a guy in the Ratway that can change your appearance if you don't like the way your characters face looks.
---
Oh my god, there's a bear in my oatmeal!!
#9MEFreak1984Posted 6/22/2012 9:28:56 AM
Is the vampire lord abilities affected by any already existing skills like conjuration?
---
More topics from this board...
Serana in SpaceTyler19975627/8 12:49PM