Dawnguard or Vampires?

#1Raven_NaobiPosted 7/15/2012 2:25:08 PM
Who should I side with? My character is essentially good, but that could change, could someone outline what happens throughout the alignments and the benefits or either one.
#2f0rgePosted 7/16/2012 1:51:47 PM
vampire for sure

the quests are all the same, only thing different is who gives it to you.

bottom line is that at the end of the DLC Volkihar > Fort Dawnguard
---
Gamer Tag: daver 456
PSN ID: daver456
#3MRoberts88Posted 7/16/2012 9:08:05 PM
When I tried to go with the Vampires, I couldn't talk to the guy that gives me the Blood Chalice quest.
---
Leader of the Highwayman Faction
'Frylock, Highlander was a documentary, and the events happened in real time"- Master Shake
#4BluesSoul617Posted 7/17/2012 4:13:42 AM
f0rge posted...
vampire for sure

the quests are all the same, only thing different is who gives it to you.

bottom line is that at the end of the DLC Volkihar > Fort Dawnguard

Lmao. The vampire is known to have a glitch. Serana as your follower majorly weakens your Drain Life spell AND she's with you almost the entire quest. A minor glitch shows that when wearing any type of Thieves' Guild headgear, it glitches and doesn't show it but instead a bald spot.

The Dawnguard lets you get the Enhanced Dwarven Crossbow. In the end, you can still decide to be a Vampire, get this crossbow, AND not have Serana with you. Dawnguard all the way.
---
Blues Soul 617
#5PKStarwavePosted 7/25/2012 12:57:50 PM
You also extremely good gear on the vampires side (in the form of rings)
---
A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever
~Shigeru Miyamoto
#6Ruppe21Posted 8/7/2012 1:33:06 PM
I picked vampire but I switched to an older save and picked Dawnguard after 4 hours.
You're supposed to be stronger as a vamp but instead you're weak as a mudcrab.

The vampire lord form is kind of a FAIL too imo,by the time you change your companion already killed the enemy most of the time.

Also no looting as a VL and no entering doors,combine that with the terrible no stamina regen and you have a recipe for annoyance.
#7irethkatPosted 8/7/2012 1:48:11 PM
Ruppe21 posted...
I picked vampire but I switched to an older save and picked Dawnguard after 4 hours.
You're supposed to be stronger as a vamp but instead you're weak as a mudcrab.

The vampire lord form is kind of a FAIL too imo,by the time you change your companion already killed the enemy most of the time.

Also no looting as a VL and no entering doors,combine that with the terrible no stamina regen and you have a recipe for annoyance.

O.o really? In my experience VL is vastly overpowered if anything. Also you can enter doors with no issue, unless they're locked. It's true you can't loot, and you can get stuck in some doorways due to your size I guess.

The drain life you get is overpowered, but if Serana tags along she makes it really weak for some reason. There isn't any no stamina regen either. Unless you're in the sun. But that's because you're, you know, a vampire. The sun is bad for you.
---
~^.^~
#8Ruppe21Posted 8/7/2012 3:12:33 PM
Oh I didn't know Serena weakened your life drain,gotta check that out some time.
#9Raven_ShikumiPosted 8/7/2012 7:01:08 PM
If you go DG you might as well not bother being a VL, because you'll be a **** one having missed out on all the good gear for it
---
"I would never violate His Grace's privacy while he violates milady's privates."
#10RoanarkPosted 8/15/2012 12:00:59 PM
Vampires... In my opinion the story feels a lot better...
Of course being a werepyre is a great bonus too; of course that's from a glitch.