Any advice for this awful T-Rex fight ?

#1TheRatedR_ViperPosted 12/1/2012 12:51:42 AM
I don't know why the game just spikes hard in difficulty even restoring the bosses health when you die. The only forseeable way I see myself doing this is abusing co-op. If one player dies nothing resets, although if both die AT THE SAME TIME it resets. My plan is actually to give the controller to my sister tomorrow and just have her run around and avoid dying with me at any cost. Yes, the fight is that hard and annoying and I've played nearly 1,000 games in my life. This is f***** harder than Hitman Absolution on Professional which I recently did
---
Latest movie review: Silent Hill: Revelation- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6ZWrIc5aLA + Cloud Atlas- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLZ2yfovyY0
#2zooknutPosted 12/1/2012 5:19:44 AM
I am also trying to do this but haven't been able to play last few days....one thing I think to do is constantly stay near the portals and buy and release 2 chickens at a time as often as u need to in order to keep all the clones off of you as u try to blast t rex and his cannons on side of his head...obviously stay where u have shelter and peek out with stewies grenade launcher seems to do best damage along with brains shotgun..remember to keep getting more chickens or joe's to keep clones away and peek around corners and blast away every chance u get...I still have yet to do it myself..there are a few health pickups somewhere and a ammo refill for grenade launcher..its tough
#3beebarbPosted 12/2/2012 1:15:34 AM(edited)
This fight is annoying as anything gets. Brian's Rail Gun seems to do the most damage (for me anyway, granted it doesn't have the ammo to complete the task), the general problem I have is the Bertram copies (especially the muscular ones, spawning from seemingly nowhere).

I have a hard enough time dealing with the T-Rex, let alone the Bertram Clones and any 'optional' collectibles. Once I got it to within 5-10% of it's health remaining, and a Bertram Clone wrecked everything, and I had been reset with no ammo for the Rail Gun and both my Health Packs gone.

This game needs easy mode patches for this and a few other levels ASAP (died way too often fighting that ridiculous chicken boss). Now this level punishes death? I am not good enough at most things, so I relied on that boss damage memory thing to beat most of the bosses.

They should also fix the freezing issues. I had it freeze on me once in Single Player (when fighting Santa) and Thrice (three times), in the Multi Player modes.

Edit: It's hard to laugh at the humour when you are far more angry and frustrated at the difficulty. Also, the time limit on the Challenge Modes is way too low for the characters' running speed, I can never get to the last objective in time, and always fail the challenge.

I'll never end up getting the Platinum with this game.
---
We shall rise again to start anew.
White FC: 0862-2660-4156 / 3DS FC: 2492-4470-1418 / White 2 FC: 4556-7836-2644
#4CidastorPosted 12/3/2012 3:16:16 AM
I may have to edit this later but if you just mean the first part then find the parking garage that has 3 sets of stairs up to it. I used Stewies Rocket gun or whatever and the top is big enough to when the Dino starts shooting its lasers you can just move out of the way. If your having problems with the Bertrands you can try grenades or Stewies remote bomb things it may take some practice but these things kill groups fast. If you run out of ammo just run go find a portal and come back. Also memorize where the health packs are. For the second phase I found something odd I ran threw the area finding collectibles and killed some Bertrands when I needed. Then I ran all the way back to the back since its a one way street and sniped the rocket launchers on the Dino with nothing coming for me. Third phase shouldn't be a problem its pretty easy.
---
You can't discuss the pros and cons about anything now a days without someone complaining.
#5nordwestPosted 12/20/2012 5:47:16 AM
Cidastor posted...
I may have to edit this later but if you just mean the first part then find the parking garage that has 3 sets of stairs up to it. I used Stewies Rocket gun or whatever and the top is big enough to when the Dino starts shooting its lasers you can just move out of the way. If your having problems with the Bertrands you can try grenades or Stewies remote bomb things it may take some practice but these things kill groups fast. If you run out of ammo just run go find a portal and come back. Also memorize where the health packs are. For the second phase I found something odd I ran threw the area finding collectibles and killed some Bertrands when I needed. Then I ran all the way back to the back since its a one way street and sniped the rocket launchers on the Dino with nothing coming for me. Third phase shouldn't be a problem its pretty easy.

This was pretty much the way I did it too. If you've bought Brian his Rail Gun the second part is even easier. For the third part you can do it all sorts of ways, athough for a later 'missing blueprint' run I found getting up-close with Brian's shotgun a very quick method.
---
beep
#6captainjeff87Posted 12/30/2012 8:30:10 AM
1st phase- Stewie's satchel charges pretty much destroy him in minutes. Get up on a roof to do this. Specially the one right by the building with the ammo supply and the in-game store. If the clones over-power you, get some distance and throw some bombs at them too or use Brian and blast em away with the Shotgun.

2nd phase- This is a bit tougher. Your best bet is to camp up in the garage with the ammo box (should be in the middle on the left side). There should also be some health spawns there too if you're low. Now take out Stewie's rocket launcher and take a few shots, camp up back in the garage when he shoots his rockets at you, rinse and repeat.

If the clones give you trouble again, get distance and either use the bombs or launcher.

3rd phase- This is a piece of cake since the clones disappear after awhile. Just wait for him to grab a car in his mouth and shoot it with a rocket. He should go down in a few hits.
---
PSN: CaptainJeff87 (please say Gfaqs in friend request msg)
#7evilmolesPosted 12/31/2012 4:36:06 AM
I just bought the rail gun for brian and went through the level. Not hard at all, if you have the money.
#8toughlittleshipPosted 1/5/2013 10:50:15 AM
I went to the top of the car park and used the stairways for cover when Bertram fires the lasers. I used Stewies rocket launcher as the main weapon. I actually got a real sense of accomplishment when I completed it.
#9Frosty502Posted 1/9/2013 11:39:00 AM
This last stage is easy and I figure out on my own how to beat that dinosaur quick. What u need to do is as soon as it start run to tha brick warehouse building where there is a ammo case inside and a back door to go back outside. Well stay in that building and jump up on top of those silver cans and face outside where tha dinosaur is by tha street and stay on those silver cans and use stewie rocket launcher and fire away on his head and ur ammo and health is all there, EASY. :)

Oh one more thing, those portals that u c around town they will refill ur ammo back to max so if ur low in ammo just enter it then exit out and those portals come in handy in tha wave 30 challenge so remember that. When ur on those silver cans and that dinosaur is shootin u try to hide behide tha middle wall when ur on tha silver cans and there is no need to get off those cans unless u need ammo or health.
---
Frosty Army (*<*)
#10Frosty502Posted 1/9/2013 11:39:40 AM
Yes tha little enemies will try to shoot u but they can't get u when ur on those silver cans so shoot them with tha rocket launcher for a fast kill and then go back at tha dinosaur until hes dead. Now tha other two dinosaur fights r easy too just use tha garage with tha ammo case in it and tha rocket launcher again then tha&#65279; 3rd fight use&#65279; tha sniper rifle gun when its needed to destroy tha car but always stay by tha ammo case by tha house.
---
Frosty Army (*<*)