Season 4 Overall Discussion

#1Coolgecko8Posted 10/23/2012 1:15:10 PM
Pretty good for the most part. A bit of a weak start, but things kicked back up when the Nightosphere episodes aired.

Alot more "plot" than previous season.

My favorite episode was by far Sons of Mars.
Also alot of Bubblegum episodes, and barely any Marceline episodes. I thought Marceline was like, the 3rd most popular character or something.

Season 5 starts November 12th, with 2 episodes. Most likely picks up were The Lich left off.
*It's been confirmed than Jake and Lady's kids will be born this season.
*The next Fionna and Cake episode, "Little Bad Boy", will air early 2013.
---
"Bacon pancakes, making bacon pancakes"
#2Mariofan15Posted 10/23/2012 2:05:00 PM
It was good. It was by far,more solid then the previous seasons IMO. But why did BubbleGum get so many appearances? What about Marceline? She seems to only get 2 appearances per season. What's with that? But my favorite episode is Burning Low.
---
0476-5632-3140:Pokemon White 2
#3PurestProdigyPosted 10/23/2012 9:54:58 PM
I liked seasons 2 and 3 better, but the Nightosphere and Lich episodes were top tier.

Mariofan15 posted...
It was good. It was by far,more solid then the previous seasons IMO. But why did BubbleGum get so many appearances? What about Marceline? She seems to only get 2 appearances per season. What's with that? But my favorite episode is Burning Low.

Yeah, Marceline was MIA for a lot of the season, but I didn't mind the PB eps too much. Still mad they refuse to develop FP, but oh well.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[|||||||||||||]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#4Mariofan15Posted 10/24/2012 2:05:49 PM
I liked seasons 2 and 3 better, but the Nightosphere and Lich episodes were top tier.

Mariofan15 posted...

Yeah, Marceline was MIA for a lot of the season, but I didn't mind the PB eps too much. Still mad they refuse to develop FP, but oh well.

I'm hoping FP get's developed a lot more in season 5 myself. Epsecially since she's Finn's Girlfriend.
---
#5FireKatKidPosted 10/24/2012 5:12:03 PM
Mariofan15 posted...

I'm hoping FP get's developed a lot more in season 5 myself. Epsecially since she's Finn's Girlfriend.

"Flame Princess! We need your help!" "Pff... Why should I help YOU? You had me locked up and.. and... you broke Finn's heart! You're just a big butt! A Butt Princess!" "Finn's in DANGER." "D:"

Flame Princess has joined the party
#6zavlinzPosted 10/24/2012 5:52:15 PM
worst episode of the season was pretty easily "web weirdos"
I think im going to give best episode of the season to... "BMO noire"
#7Mariofan15Posted 10/24/2012 6:10:02 PM
Mariofan15 posted...

"Flame Princess! We need your help!" "Pff... Why should I help YOU? You had me locked up and.. and... you broke Finn's heart! You're just a big butt! A Butt Princess!" "Finn's in DANGER." "D:"

Flame Princess has joined the party

I'm hoping that happens,honestly.
---
#8ded5833Posted 10/27/2012 3:21:50 AM(edited)
I felt that there we a lot of dry spells of actual adventure in this season. There was several episodes in a row where none of the episodes really had anything stand out to me and I think it's because Finn and Jake don't really do a whole bunch of adventuring for about half the season.

Like there was a lot of duds and not a whole lot to offset them.

I loved You Made Me. More Lemon Grab is wonderful. Who Would Win? and Web Weirdos are my least favorite.

Oh yeah, introducing more and more plot reminds me a lot of Moral Orel and how the entire show's tone changed at Season 3, I'm wondering if Adventure Time it doing this but in a less extreme fashion.
---
These counting things are stupid.
People that agree: 22
#9BadDecisionsPosted 10/28/2012 5:56:14 PM
I can see the adventure dying down, and I don't know how I feel about it.
It's very... Venture Bros-y. Moving away from having a different story every week to just... taking the established characters and having them work in a more consistent environment like they did with Season 4. Gives the important characters more room to grow. I think it really worked for Venture Bros, but I don't know how it'll do with Adventure Time. Guess we'll have to wait until next season, but with the Lich story coming to a probably permanent close and Jake having his baby Rainidogs, I can really see things settling down.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSLJJDRA-jQ
Rate and subscribe. Very good best videos all the day!
#10TriforceKeybladPosted 10/28/2012 6:11:20 PM
I really liked this season, for the most part. My favorite is a tie with Card Wars and I Remember You. Card Wars was humorous and I Remember You was really touching.

I agree, I would like more Marceline, but they still need to expand on PB IMO. Marceline was hardly in this season, and one of the few times she appeared ended up drastically expanding on not only her character but the Ice King's (more specifically Simon) as well. My issue with PB is that the several episodes she had hinted at a darker side in her personality. However, they fail to expand, or even fully establish on this. It's sad that Marceline can be effectively expanded in just one episode, but several episodes only hint at an expansion on PB's personality. Of course, maybe I'm just missing something.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 4255 6415 8428
I am me. Nobody else. Got it memorized?
More topics from this board...
Secret Easter Eggs?riderman0917/18 3:14AM