How do you beat the Ice King?

#1emmaline09Posted 11/21/2012 5:29:35 PM
I cannot figure out how to beat him. I've tried using Jake as a shield but that's not working.
#2Coolgecko8Posted 11/21/2012 5:44:25 PM
The ear shield not working? Impossible. Jake's ear shield is the answer to everything. And I mean EVERYTHING
---
Remember, unless you're a playable character, your chances of survival in a Resident Evil game are like 2%
#3emmaline09(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 5:54:47 PM
): what do I do?!
#4KFHEWUIPosted 11/21/2012 5:58:34 PM
First form is easy. Just hit him twice.

Second form is much tougher and the hardest of the fight. The snowballs Ice King shoot can be reflected with ear shield, and they will hurt Ice King if they hit him. When he comes down to the ground get in a few hits in between his jumping.

Third form is easy. Wait for him to raise his fist then jump out of the way and once his fist hits the ground, start slashing away. After a few attacks, he will breath ice. Jump on the platform and jump over the attack and repeat until he is defeated.
---
Gems of this generation: Aliens: Infestation, Cursed Mountain, Deadly Premonition, Opoona, and Xenoblade Chronicles.
#5emmaline09(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 6:00:24 PM
Jake's ear shield isn't working at all, I'm still getting hit by the ice blocks when the shield is up..
#6Gamemaster64Posted 11/21/2012 6:23:48 PM
Just dodge them and wait for him to come down. I beat him using two bees.
---
Not much of potato he said but potato he wrote.
#7ChiefDamonGantPosted 11/21/2012 8:55:43 PM
The ear shield deflects his ice bullets? Why did I not think of that?

He was kicking my butt and I blew through a lot of my food, including my two Crystal Apples.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0001-3567-2030
passid.ca/zai
#8Gamemaster64Posted 11/22/2012 5:50:10 AM
ChiefDamonGant posted...

He was kicking my butt and I blew through a lot of my food, including my two Crystal Apples.

Did it? It didn't seem to work for me. I think there a glitch with the fight. The attack hasn't hit me or gone near me yet and I'm still taking hits.
---
Not much of potato he said but potato he wrote.
#9ChiefDamonGantPosted 11/22/2012 9:02:05 AM
Gamemaster64 posted...
ChiefDamonGant posted...

Did it? It didn't seem to work for me. I think there a glitch with the fight. The attack hasn't hit me or gone near me yet and I'm still taking hits.

It worked, but I also had the same weird glitch happen to me as well. I can't figure out the cause of it, but it seems like 1 or 2 of his ice bullets just seem to "teleport" onto you every so often.

Crystal Eyes aren't too hard to come across so you could stock up on those and just abuse them in the first part. The other parts of the final battle aren't that hard to avoid taking damage in.
Also if you want to make things really easy, try to stock up on The Bomba. It's hard to get a direct hit but it can do 200-300 per shot if the entire explosion touches him.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0001-3567-2030
passid.ca/zai