Since this game is built like Zelda 2...I hope the next one is like OoT.

#1Reverted_PikkonPosted 11/24/2012 4:39:57 AM
Would be amazing.
---
"I will not die today. The same cannot be said for you."- Connor
#2DangeresqePosted 11/24/2012 8:33:34 AM
Ehhh, they have no experience with 3d platformers. I'd rather if it was like LttP.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0905 2343 3589
Name: Dezmon
#3Mage_of_WindPosted 11/24/2012 8:42:06 AM
I'd rather a different company handle it entirely. Wayforward is entirely mediocre. Imagine how the game would be if someone like Level 5 or Retro Studios handled it. Obviously it won't happen, but a man can dream.
---
This is the scene where you declare your undying hatred for me. -Seifer
If you persist, for great justice, I'll rearrange your face again! -Nisa
#4CosmoKramer4700Posted 11/24/2012 8:42:22 AM
I'd rather they stick with this style and expand on it even further!
---
Gutalala Sudalala
ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS! - The Great Pirate, Edward Newgate "Whitebeard"
#5Doom-MoosePosted 11/24/2012 12:05:10 PM
Mage_of_Wind posted...
I'd rather a different company handle it entirely. Wayforward is entirely mediocre. Imagine how the game would be if someone like Level 5 or Retro Studios handled it. Obviously it won't happen, but a man can dream.

I would much rather have wayforward handle these games than level 5. The fact that they're japanese would make it hard for them to employ american writers (Pendleton Ward), and they probably wouldn't have the same evident love for the IP like wayforward rather apparently has.

Retro studios? I don't know how they'd handle it. Probably better gameplay-wise than wayforward, and it would probably end up on the wii u. I could see that working out pretty well, although it's not going to happen because I'm relatively sure they're owned by nintendo.

I think the biggest problem this game had was forcing itself to be released on the DS. It pains me to see developers having to cater to people who refuse to move forward. I still don't understand why they didn't release pokemon black/white on the 3DS exclusively, it would have given people a wake up call and would have doubled the sales of the 3DS.
#6mhayes86Posted 11/24/2012 12:43:50 PM
CosmoKramer4700 posted...
I'd rather they stick with this style and expand on it even further!

I'm with this. I really enjoyed Zelda II, and I personally enjoy this gameplay style with the overworld map and all. If another Adventure Time game were made, all I would ask is for it to be 2D (even better if in HD).
#7Hero_AdventurerPosted 11/24/2012 1:18:34 PM
I think it needs to be like Zelda 2 but be released on the wii u or pc and be much longer. And it should have more rpg elements that effect leveling up and learning new moves , but keep the Zelda 2 style of overworked then 2d, it fits Adventure Time.
#8CosmoKramer4700Posted 11/24/2012 3:12:47 PM(edited)
This is off-topic but about Pokemon BW

BW and BW2 both made sense for the DS -BW were developed for years before release and were based on the DS, not the 3DS.

BW2 are a holdover - they're not going to spend extra time and money to make the first 3DS Pokemon games a simple third version.

BW2 even came out a few months ahead of when we'd normally expect to see the 3rd version (June as opposed to September in Japan last year). It seems they are the end of gen 5 with gen 6 likely to kick things off on the 3DS exclusively next year.

It wouldn't have been worth it to redo the graphics of BW from the ground up just for a third version on 3DS.

Now I do agree with you that they really didn't NEED to make AT for both systems. It's likely not meant to cater to those who don't have DS systems yet...they probably need the extra sales from the DS-only owners. They probably figure that many of the DS only owners are younger and likely watch Adventure Time on TV - also figure their parents know they watch the show and buy TV show based games. It's likely to get extra sales more than anything especially since this is a tv show game and thus not likely to sell as much as say New Super Mario Bros. 2. If there is a sequel though, I would expect it will be 3DS only.

I dont' think it needs to be on WiiU either - the 3DS is capable of A LOT. They could easily have a game much bigger than this on a 3DS cartridge. I'm not complaining about the game length or size, just saying they could easily fit a lot more while still keeping it on 3DS. Personally I prefer handheld games. I think a 2D on a handheld is more likely to sell than a 2D on WiiU. But I may be wrong on that last point.
---
Gutalala Sudalala
#9Hero_AdventurerPosted 11/24/2012 5:25:08 PM
Well, i think that PC would be the best option. I think more people would buy it and it would probobly get more people interested because when i first heard of it i thought it was going to be a little game just made to get kids to buy it , until i looked it up. Also, the PC might be get it dlc if the sequel was good. The biggest benefit from PC would be the modding though. Thats the main reason why the sequel should be on PC.
#10CosmoKramer4700Posted 11/24/2012 5:31:57 PM
Personally I hope not....I'm not into PC gaming and don't have a good PC for gaming. I really want it to stay on 3DS.
---
Gutalala Sudalala