Wow, my Gamestop STILL hasn't gotten it's Collector's edition in.

#1GuerillaGorillaPosted 11/28/2012 11:51:04 PM
I wen to Gamestop to pick up my collector's edition on release. They told me that they didn't get it in that day, so I left and decided to come back the next day.

Next day, it's the same thing, and I got back AGAIN the next day. Once again, it's the same news, but they offer to have it shipped straight to me so I wouldn't have to keep coming over.

Yesterday, I got a voicemail from Gamestop saying my pre order was ready for pick up. So I went today and guess what? They STILL haven't gotten the shipment in. What the hell?
---
NNID: GuerillaGorilla
#2ChiefDamonGantPosted 11/29/2012 12:18:51 AM
Ouch, that sucks.

My Gamestop has never been insanely reliable but they've never been that bad. They usually get games the day after release but with Adventure Time the collector's edition was in the Tuesday it came out. Oddly enough, I never got the call from them the night before even though I had pre-ordered it.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0001-3567-2030
passid.ca/zai
#3JelekkPosted 11/29/2012 7:03:54 AM
Man your GameStop sucks. The one I work at gets games in on time no problem, usually it's the customers who don't pick up there games on time. So thanks to the guy who never picked up his collectors edition, because I'm really enjoying it.
---
Dood!
#4TsuyogaruPosted 11/29/2012 9:19:23 AM
Well I can recommend to you what my Gamestop did for me. Gamestop holds a certain amount of games at their warehouse for incidents like this. Ask them if they'll e-mail corporate for you about the game not coming in. They one day shipped mine and I got it in no time. Good luck!
---
Xbox Live: Chainsaw Smile
PSN: Scars_of_Wisdom
#5StarFoxEternityPosted 11/29/2012 9:58:11 PM
Yeah, my GameStop always handles my preorders really well. Sometimes they'll throw in preorder bonuses for games I never preordered simply because they had extras.
Leave your name and number (as a reminder, yes, even though you're already in the computer) so that they give you a personal ring once they receive their shipment.
---
"... there is a cure and I will find it."
- The Fountain
#6Robot_SoopaPosted 12/2/2012 2:01:18 AM
I had a bad experience with pre-ordering this at Gamestop too which is weird since normally I have no issues.

I was one of few people to pre-order the CE and upon going to pick it up they told me they didn't have enough so I'd have to keep checking back.

It's December 2nd and they still don't have my copy.

Luckily I checked a Gamestop even closer to me and the guy managed to find a CE buried in the back.

This Gamestop had 2 pre-orders and both picked it up right away. But for some strange reason they got shipped exactly ONE copy two days ago.

I like to think it was fated to be my copy.
#7craelonPosted 12/3/2012 1:59:01 AM
I can only imagine that you live in a place that would make sending the game a complete hassle for the distributor. Also, from my experience, Nintendo isn't always consistently reliable. When the Wii first launched in my podunk hometown I think we had... maybe 20 IN THE WHOLE TOWN. We had an excess of PS3s and so many 360s we could fill a pool with the leftovers but whenever a Nintendo product dropped down we are always shafted. I would assume it is similar in other towns.
---
I declare this post a VICTORY ( ^-^ )v
#8GuerillaGorilla(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 10:43:35 PM
Well, I called earlier today. Once again, they didn't get any shipments in. 2 weeks after release and they didn't get a single shipment. The two options they gave me where keep waiting or get a refund. I was thinking of going to a different gamestop and seeing if they have it, but I want to know, is this game really worth it? Honestly, my appeal to this game was just the CE edition. I also hear the game has about a 6 hour long campaign or something. I'm thinking of just cancelling it altogether. What do yall think?
---
NNID: GuerillaGorilla
#9Robot_SoopaPosted 12/5/2012 1:21:28 AM
If you're a fan of the show it's worth it.

My best friend and I are huge fans of the show and I could not get enough of the game I was giggling all the way through and fanboying at every turn. I beat it and now she's playing it and she's exactly the same.

It's a great game with PHENOMENAL music but you have to really be a fan to get the most out of it.
#10urmomishawt04Posted 12/5/2012 4:39:10 AM
no you don't need to be a fan of the show

game isbonebof the best on 3ds
---
'97 Camry <3: http://i.imgur.com/nqpyu.png
PSN: D4RK M4R10 / 3DS:: 2191 - 7636 - 8794