Worth getting if I didn't care for Rayman Origins?

#1imameliaPosted 2/22/2014 12:57:38 PM
See title. Rayman Origins was okay at first, but then it just got to a point where I really wasn't having much fun. It wasn't terrible, but there are better things I could have been playing. I was considering getting Legends at some point (probably once I've finished Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and have the money for it), but if it's like Origins...eh.
#2ShadowN64Posted 2/23/2014 6:36:58 AM
I really enjoyed DKCR (played it last summer), then I played Rayman Legends shortly after it came out, and lastly after that I played Origins.

To be honest, I don't know why so many people thought Origins was way better than DKCR. I found it a bit frustrating. I did quickly get all of the medals and electums (or whatever they are called) but it felt a bit anal at times. DKCR was much more fun for me.

So to answer your question, I didn't care for Origins all that much (though the art style was neat) but I loved Legends. I find it somewhat forgettable but I had a blast going through it. I highly recommend the game. I am also greatly looking forward to playing Tropical Freeze sometime.

Just as a side note, if you can have two players for the "Murphy" stages, I think you'll enjoy it a lot more. It takes what is just kind of a boring level and turns it into really, really fun co-op. In fact, if you can play the entire game with a friend or spouse it might be one of the most fun co-op games I've played, and it's not frustrating playing with a newbie either because they don't lose your lives and they don't hinder you in any way and they always get some chance to be helpful.
---
The Shadow
#3MetaFalconPunchPosted 3/5/2014 8:08:05 PM
In order of what I played:

DKCR>Legends>Origins

Of the three, I liked all three. I liked Origins the least though (still enjoyed it though), but I LOVED Legends.

So yeah, worth getting. This game is a gem that doesn't get enough press.
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.
#4BlarggPosted 3/28/2014 4:59:40 PM
The gameplay is nigh identical to Origins, save for some Murphy segments that are generally not well liked... so no, if you didn't like Origins, you aren't going to like this. Personally, I loved both.
---
"Obviously something isn't right. But if ignorance is bliss, would you rather smile or fight? ...Well, I'll take fight."
#5ShadowN64Posted 3/31/2014 5:58:26 AM
I wouldn't dismiss this game if you didn't like Origins. I personally didn't care for Origins (but I played it last). Legends was superb though. Gameplay is very similar but with some tweaks that can make all the difference. Even loading times are way, way better.
---
The Shadow