Just bought it, can't help but feel disappointed.....

#1crimsontide1980Posted 3/19/2014 1:22:33 PM
Ok so I bought this game for me and my 5 year old to enjoy after it was highly recommended to be by several Gamestop employees. I played it for a couple hours by myself and was really enjoying it. The next day I played it with my son and we really didn't enjoy playing it 2 player. The main reason we didn't enjoy it; just about every level someone has to control Murfy. It would be SO much more fun if we could just play it as a 2 player side stroller instead of some stupid gimmicky touch screen co op effort. It would be fun if they only threw in a Murfy level every now and then to mix it up instead of EVERY SINGLE LEVEL!! Don't get me wrong, it's a fun (solo) game but a 5 year old doesn't grasp the concept of using Murfy too well.
#2Weltall548Posted 3/19/2014 3:40:44 PM
There are more Murphy levels early on than later in the game.
---
Batman: Arkham City is the best game of all time.
#3crimsontide1980(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2014 8:29:04 PM
Awesome I'm happy to hear that because about 95% of the levels so far you have to use Murfy
#4Weltall548Posted 3/20/2014 6:44:17 AM
You also unlock about 40 Origins Levels, and Invasion Levels. None of these use murphy. And usually, you'll unlock multiple levels at once, so if one of them is a Murphy Level, you can skip it. You'll need to return to these if you wish to unlock everything, though.
---
#5Weltall548Posted 3/20/2014 6:46:56 AM
One more thing. You can play as murphy in any level in multiplayer, by touching the touch screen. If this happens by mistake, then you can press b to go back to the other character, unless murphy is a requirement in the level.
---
#6ShadowN64Posted 3/27/2014 7:24:26 AM
crimsontide1980 posted...
Awesome I'm happy to hear that because about 95% of the levels so far you have to use Murfy

The first world has six major stages, a boss stage, a music stage, six invasion stages, and two short stages.

3 of the major stages do not have Murphy.
Boss stage does not.
Music stage does not.
The six invasion stages do not.

By one reckoning, that's 11 stages in the first world without Murphy, 5 with.. and some of those are skippable. How is this 95%?

Second world:
3 major stages without Murphy.
Boss stage does not.
Music stage does not.
Short stages do not.
5 invasion levels do not.

So 12 without Murphy, 2 with?

And as a very sincere suggestion, why don't you try working with your 5-year old on the Murphy stages? It makes for excellent practice at communication and cooperation, no matter who is controlling Murphy and who is controlling the character on screen. My wife and I had a great time doing it.
---
The Shadow
#7itchytastyPosted 4/20/2014 3:22:49 PM
oddly enough my kid and i argue about who gets to be murfy

personally i think it's one of the best games of its kind ever made
---
serenity... NOW
#8STN79Posted 5/9/2014 1:58:14 AM
This is the one thing that's really scaring me away from buying the game. I loved origins but if legends is a big stylus tapping fest i might pass. I tend to shy away from alot of games with heavy use of the touch screen. I just wanna play a traditional sidescroller. How much of this is stylus controlled vs regular platforming?
---
It is artists, not technicians, who make excellent games. "Hiroshi yamauchi"
#9Weltall548Posted 5/9/2014 3:45:57 AM
STN79 posted...
This is the one thing that's really scaring me away from buying the game. I loved origins but if legends is a big stylus tapping fest i might pass. I tend to shy away from alot of games with heavy use of the touch screen. I just wanna play a traditional sidescroller. How much of this is stylus controlled vs regular platforming?

Very little, especially later on.
---
#10morningglory05Posted 5/15/2014 9:48:30 AM
I just bought it for 28 bucks on Amazon. I was completely blown away with how great Origins was and I'm expecting more of the same with Legends.