ranking the decks

#61TakuruPosted 6/25/2012 7:54:24 AM
It has 3X Prey Upon, Ulvenwald Tracker and Master of the Wild Hunt. Its not a lot compared to a black deck but in a green deck the only thing you're going to need to remove is a flier or unblockable and it has more than enough for that. Though technically with Master of the Hunt and the Tracker you have as much removal as you have creatures.

Okay, I apologize. After extensive testing this weekend....

The Green deck is a hard counter to some of the best decks in the game. Using a build I found online, I'm winning about 80% of the time with it, against some of the best decks. I actually beat Lifegain and Token White for the first time. The only time I lost was against black and red, which are hard counters to the deck, so it makes sense.

You were right, the huntsman is insane. It generates 2/2 burn cards every turn and Ant Queen, which I initially thought was useless is great at recovering creature advantage and creating chump blockers as you will be behind your opponent with creatures at turn 6.

I don't even need that spider with reach in the deck because Prey Upon and that 1/1 cards allows me to instantly get rid of any threat.

You were right... I think this deck is better than the red deck against most match ups, but that's it. I only move it up one on my tier list.
---
http://i923.photobucket.com/albums/ad79/april6e/1309952273007.gif
#62Telvanni_guardPosted 6/25/2012 2:20:21 PM
"The Green deck is a hard counter to some of the best decks in the game. Using a build I found online, I'm winning about 80% of the time with it, against some of the best decks."

Mind posting it? I'd like to see what they trimmed to put in the Ant Queens.
---
GamerTag: Te1vanni Guard
"Telvanni you would disprove everyone. :D"- Saint_of_Misery
#63WoW_KidPosted 6/25/2012 2:43:30 PM
Here is my current build and man I have to say I'm loving it, it has boosted my ranked status from 700s up to high 200's just over the weekend.

24 x Forest

1 x Ulvenwald Tracker
3 x Leatherback Baloth
1 x Chameleon Colossus
2 x Wildheart Invoker
1 x Master of the Wild Hunt
1 x Primordial Hydra
2 x Ant Queen
3 x Garruk's Packleader
2 x Primalcrux
1 x Primeval Titan
1 x Rampaging Baloths
1 x Terra Stomper

3 x Prey Upon
2 x Primal Bellow
4 x Nature's Lore
1 x Fog
1 x Lightning Greaves
2 x Howl of the Night Pack
2 x Cultivate
2x Emerald Medallion

I decided to keep out all the Garruk's Companions as they just aren't good enough to be playing on turn 2 or 3 over a mana ramp card. Like others I have discovered the Ant Queen's power and was able to combine her effect with Wildheart Invoker to out play Ajani's deck and Lilliana's deck as well. Goblins have also been getting roflstomped by me and Ordric's deck is 50/50 toss up. Chandra's and Jace's decks are both auto-wins because my fatties are too big for her spells and Jace's deck is too slow. Even though I did beat Lilliana and Ajani, make no mistake both of the decks are a force to be reckoned with when using this deck. I have to think and make EVERY turn count because Lilliana's kill spells in the deck are high and they aren't damage based like Chandra's cards and Ajani can possibly get off faster than me.
---
"You Must Show No Mercy...Nor Have Any Belief Whatsoever In How Others Judge You... For Your Greatness Will Silence Them All"
GT: KAKARO7 187
#64TakuruPosted 6/25/2012 4:17:44 PM
Mind posting it? I'd like to see what they trimmed to put in the Ant Queens.

Mine is probably similar to Wow's.

4 - Nature's Lore
2 - Emerald Medallion
2 - Primal Bellow
3 - Leatherback Baloth
3 - Garruk's Packleader
3 - Prey Upon
2 - Ant Queen
2 - Primalcrux
2 - Cultivate
1 - Fog
1 - Lightning Greaves
1 - Terra Stomper
2 - Howl of the Night Pack
1 - Master of the Wild Hunt
1 - Rampaging Baloths
1 - Ulvenwald Tracker
2 - Wildheart Invoker
1 - Primordial Hydra
1 - Chameleon Colossus
1 - Primeval Titan

---
http://i923.photobucket.com/albums/ad79/april6e/1309952273007.gif
#65Telvanni_guardPosted 6/25/2012 7:57:05 PM
Looks like they're exactly the same.

The only card I have trouble with in those two decks is the Wildheart Invoker. I keep thinking the Timbermaw Larva would be better. Then I get into long games where the 9/8 trampler would be nice to have while they're chumping the Timbermaw. Then again... Timbermaw still creates some incredibly powerful pings with the Tracker/Preys and could be a prime canidate to make black blow a kill spell on it instead of your big names.

Just an odd choice for me.
---
GamerTag: Te1vanni Guard
"Telvanni you would disprove everyone. :D"- Saint_of_Misery
#66WoW_KidPosted 6/25/2012 11:23:31 PM
I went with Wildheart Invoker because his ability is a lot more useable in this game and deck due to fast mana ramping plus as you said being chump blocked is bad. Timbermaw's ability is only activated when he attacks, that causes an issue because its too limited in my opinion whereas WI's ability can be used at any point in the game and used on other creatures you control not just himself.
---
"You Must Show No Mercy...Nor Have Any Belief Whatsoever In How Others Judge You... For Your Greatness Will Silence Them All"
GT: KAKARO7 187
#67UnstandardwarPosted 6/25/2012 11:31:22 PM
There is no real ranking, I feel. Goblins are better, sort of, but they have too many hard counters to have the same level of dominace as beknighted. I've had a lot of success with ancient wilds: You stabilize and then just crush them incrimental advantage.
---
(V)0-0(V)
Official Repeaer Bnase of the ME3 boards
#68Blades606Posted 6/27/2012 11:53:50 PM
I'd say:

Goblins
Obedient Dead
Ancient Wilds
Peacekeepers
Exalted Darkness
Crosswinds
Pack Instincts
Celestial Light
Dream Puppets
Born of Flame

I really like Ancient Wilds mostly for the combos but if I was looking for an easy win I'd stick to goblins(Not saying they win everytime just saying usually a quick win) But my player status says Blue because I am fond of Dream Puppets but I mostly play Crosswinds once again because the combos.
#69jakeandandrew(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2012 4:54:16 PM
My current rack of decks is

1) Peacemaker
2) Goblin

Not sure what deck to make next any ideas?
#70resultsmayvary8Posted 7/1/2012 5:03:12 PM
Unstandardwar posted...
There is no real ranking, I feel. Goblins are better, sort of, but they have too many hard counters to have the same level of dominace as beknighted. I've had a lot of success with ancient wilds: You stabilize and then just crush them incrimental advantage.

I love Ancient Wilds because for turn 1-5ish its the worst deck in the game. Turn 6 and forward, I don't care if you've got 3 life remaining I put my money on Ancient Wilds against anything.