Trimming the mill deck?

#1DlSTURBED4282Posted 6/22/2012 5:56:30 PM
Really have no idea where to start with this..I used the deck key I got from having magic 2012 on it because I figured it would be the hardest deck to unlock fully, and because of that I haven't played it enough to decide which cards wind up being bad.
---
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa99/VinceYoung_10/random/Disturbed.jpg
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/blueice/Why%20So%20FeaRious.jpg
#2DEEM0Posted 6/22/2012 6:37:43 PM
Focus on aggro. Leave in all of the one and two drops except the medallions and grindclock (and prosperity). Everything above five mana should be cut, with the exception of the trap card. Leave in unsummons and the aether, they're good at stalling. Everything you have should either mill quickly or be able to get a gradual advantage in only a couple turns (i.e. the mill enchant, and hedron crab)
#3resultsmayvary8Posted 6/22/2012 6:47:33 PM
An argument can be made for prosperity because of how they combo with Jaces Erasure. I don't run them but don't completely discount them either.
#4DepictingMenacePosted 6/22/2012 6:50:26 PM
I generally concur with a couple of exceptions. I dislike Thought Scour a lot. Milling 2 is pitiful in my eyes. I also dislike Cephalid Something-Or-Rathers. But yes cut everything above 5. And while I do not have the whole deck yet, the Saphire Medallions are good when you draw 4 cards a turn and need to cast a few spells.

But, ironically, the Mill deck is pretty easy to unlock against encounters as they only have 40 cards (except the other mill encounter deck).
#5XGreatKingPosted 6/22/2012 7:28:05 PM
Does anyone use the 7 mana flying creature that if you have it in your starting hand, your opponent instantly mills 7? I just got it and am thinking about whether it's worth it or not. My gut instinct says yes because late game will usually last till at least 7 turns and being able to cast a sorcery/instant out of their graveyard could be game breaking.
---
If you eat like a noob, you will be owned like a noob
~Legendary Hippo~
#6resultsmayvary8Posted 6/22/2012 7:30:28 PM
I don't run them. Everything 5 and over is out for me except the trap.
#7frenzzzy07Posted 6/22/2012 7:36:34 PM
Does anyone use the 7 mana flying creature that if you have it in your starting hand, your opponent instantly mills 7? I just got it and am thinking about whether it's worth it or not. My gut instinct says yes because late game will usually last till at least 7 turns and being able to cast a sorcery/instant out of their graveyard could be game breaking.

IMO there are so many quality cards that there isn't going to be one solid build, so if you want to run the card go ahead and try it and see if you like it. I don't personally run it but it's a perfectly fine card.
---
Member of the stop complaining about everything in the game that can kill you just because you suck Club.
#8DEEM0Posted 6/22/2012 8:37:17 PM
Prosperity is bad because you want to win as quickly as possible. This isn't a grindy deck. You want to be using your mana for lots of little spells and cantrips.

The medallions are bad for similar reasons. They're okay whenever you have larger spells that don't have a large amount of colored mana, but the best formations of this deck have 12+ one or two drops, which make the medallions not very useful.

Chancellor is bad as well. Sure, you get a free mind sculpt on turn 1, but that won't be happening too often, and you want to win early anyway. Remember, this is aggro mill.
#9DEEM0Posted 6/22/2012 8:38:37 PM
DepictingMenace posted...
I generally concur with a couple of exceptions. I dislike Thought Scour a lot. Milling 2 is pitiful in my eyes. I also dislike Cephalid Something-Or-Rathers.

Don't underestimate the power of Thought Scour. It really helps set off your phantasms, and cantrips are extremely useful.
#10infinitexxPosted 6/22/2012 9:08:45 PM
If Thought Scour was just mill 2 it wouldn't be that worthwhile, but mill 2 draw 1 for 1 mana is a good deal, thins the deck with a little milling as an added bonus.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
More topics from this board...
Worst AI Hax Ever!!SpikeTbear17/8 11:14PM