Does Odric (revenge) actually cheat?

#11duericPosted 6/25/2012 2:51:07 PM
Fire_Wraith posted...

AKA cheating

Especially considering that not only can they have multiple copies of restricted cards, but also multiple copies of banned cards as well.

I don't care if I can't play Bolas' deck, but I definitely want to see the decklist for it. Playing him reminds me of playing the old Microprose PC version of DOTP.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#12legendaryhero90Posted 6/25/2012 2:52:22 PM
yes this guy was a real Pain to beat.

Even with Chandra's and Liliana's deck fully unlocked, hes still a strong opponent because your burn and removal can't match his tokens. And when you do AoE, you have to make it count, or else he will outspeed you before you can even get anything out.

I tried matching him in speed with Goblins but i just get trounced if he starts laying the +1/+1 enchantments or exiles.

A mirror match is out of the question since he just HAS better cards than you. Unless he has an atrocious draw, you have no chance of winning.

Seriously, how the heck do you deal with a Turn 1 Vanguard, Turn 2 Squad Hawks? He seems to get this set up 7 out of the 10 games i've played him. If he goes first, he already has the advantage. Turn 3, he can remove, swarm, Buff, or send out the */* monster. In any case, your screwed already.
---
Currently playing: Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown, Castlevania Harmony of Despair, Warriors Orochi 3, Diablo 3
#13bkkorpsPosted 6/25/2012 2:53:31 PM
Fire_Wraith posted...
Zanimus posted...
Fire_Wraith posted...
They 100% cheat I'm trying to beat Krenko who during the last game used two 'Siege-gang Commanders' even though there's only one in the deck!

Odric was infuriating to say the least, I finally beat him with full-unlock Goblins as Garruk Wildspeaker Pack Instinct (Green).

The revenge decks use cards that the normal decks do not have.

AKA cheating

that isnt cheating, they just have a better deck than you have available.

I am pretty sure in the last version of the game, the revenge decks basically had access to the DLC cards before the DLC was released.

either way, it isnt cheating, it just has a better designed deck to help make it more of a challenge.

now the part about the game drawing exactly what it needs, that would be cheating, but I personally havent seen any evidence of this happening.
---
Sometimes in life you get lucky, and other times you get screwed.
Unfortunately for me, I have been getting neither.
#14bkkorpsPosted 6/25/2012 2:55:37 PM
dueric posted...
Fire_Wraith posted...

AKA cheating

Especially considering that not only can they have multiple copies of restricted cards, but also multiple copies of banned cards as well.

I don't care if I can't play Bolas' deck, but I definitely want to see the decklist for it. Playing him reminds me of playing the old Microprose PC version of DOTP.

this game isnt built to be legal in any of the normal formats for magic. complaining about the game having cards that are banned in a completely different format is ridiculous.
---
#15duericPosted 6/25/2012 2:58:22 PM
bkkorps posted...
dueric posted...
Fire_Wraith posted...

AKA cheating

this game isnt built to be legal in any of the normal formats for magic. complaining about the game having cards that are banned in a completely different format is ridiculous.

Videogame baseball isn't baseball but you still can't throw a spitball or cork your bat.

It's still MTG and no matter how much you deny it, it's still cheating.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#16bkkorpsPosted 6/25/2012 3:01:31 PM
dueric posted...
bkkorps posted...
dueric posted...
Fire_Wraith posted...

AKA cheating

Videogame baseball isn't baseball but you still can't throw a spitball or cork your bat.

It's still MTG and no matter how much you deny it, it's still cheating.

you need better analogies, considering there was a whole franchise of sporting games that stretch the normal rules of the game (NFL Blitz, etc) and they seemed to do quite well, and offered a different gaming experience than your standard Madden '0X game (MTGO in this analogy).
---
#17duericPosted 6/25/2012 3:09:55 PM
bkkorps posted...

you need better analogies, considering there was a whole franchise of sporting games that stretch the normal rules of the game (NFL Blitz, etc) and they seemed to do quite well, and offered a different gaming experience than your standard Madden '0X game (MTGO in this analogy).

Nah, my analogy is just fine. This isn't MTG:Blitz.

Besides, the topic is, does the AI cheat? The answer is, yes.

For more info check the official forums. It has been well documented that not only does the AI have access to "cheat" decks, but also literally cheats in how it knows what cards you have, and what cards it needs to draw to compete.
---
#18YonezzzPosted 6/25/2012 4:32:23 PM
Yeah, the cheating in Revenge is a joke. Got stuck for ages on three of them, really not fun at all.
#19insanekyoPosted 6/25/2012 4:44:50 PM
CPU AI having an advantage is not cheating. Cheating would imply they would have to do something against the game's rules AND get away with it.

Is revenge unfair? Yes.

Does it cheat? No.
#20Golden_Dragoon_Posted 6/25/2012 5:00:01 PM
The AI does cheat, i've played against Odric on revenge and he uses more then 2 Squadron Hawks..so when it came round to unlocking I thought cool i'll put 4 Squadron Hawks in my version but there was only 2 in the deck. I beat them all though with Garruk sweet green deck, except Nicol Bolas I used Jaces deck which to my surprise was easy beat him first try, also it's fun to clone his monsters and use his own uber sorcery cards against him with Jace. I found Liliana's deck to be the hardest to beat on Revenge she will always get monster destruction cards and her uber Draw 7 Card, Lifelink Legend creature by like turn 6/7.
More topics from this board...
Worst AI Hax Ever!!SpikeTbear17/8 11:14PM