Question regarding the Gold and Silver ranks.

#1J_Can_ManPosted 7/17/2012 4:49:06 AM
My brother and I have been trying to "gold star" every deck, but we can't seem to get anything above silver on the planeswalkers. Does anybody know what good requirements are to get gold?

We've steamrolled the bejeezus out of some of them to only get silver, it is baffling me. I've also seen very little discussion about it, so perhaps I'm just crazy. All help is appreciated, thanks in advance.
---
You have no idea 'bout me...do you?
#2Cthulhu CultistPosted 7/17/2012 5:12:10 AM
Beating them on Mage difficulty gets you bronze, Archmage gets you silver, and Planeswalker gets you gold. That's the way it works on PS3 at least.
---
**** community college, let's get drunk and eat chicken fingers.
#3J_Can_Man(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2012 6:19:29 AM(edited)
Ahh I see. The part that confused me was the gold symbols on encounters. I got them on Archmage difficulty, but now that I think about it, it's probably because the encounters are the same on all difficulties.

---
#4Cthulhu CultistPosted 7/17/2012 6:20:57 AM
Yeah...with Encounters and Challenges you get gold no matter what. If you want to tackle it on Planeswalker my advice is to unlock almost all of the cards then just mulligan and quit until you get the perfect starting hand.
---
**** community college, let's get drunk and eat chicken fingers.
#5final_lapPosted 7/17/2012 7:16:04 PM
wait, the color means something? I have a bronze symbol on every AI opponent, even though the encounters are gold. I was so close to making a thread asking about that so many times, but just didn't bother and assumed nothing was amiss. You mean to tell me I've been playing on an easier difficulty this whole time?

When the game first started it asked me how much MtG I played, and I chose "a lot" and it selected a difficulty based on that. So I assumed I was on the highest difficulty already. :i
#6J_Can_Man(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2012 5:59:36 AM
I think it was supposed to choose a difficulty based on that. I chose "a little," even though I've been playing for a decade lol, I just didn't want it to be too difficult.
---
#7NemoYTPosted 7/18/2012 8:17:03 AM
final_lap posted...
wait, the color means something? I have a bronze symbol on every AI opponent, even though the encounters are gold. I was so close to making a thread asking about that so many times, but just didn't bother and assumed nothing was amiss. You mean to tell me I've been playing on an easier difficulty this whole time?

When the game first started it asked me how much MtG I played, and I chose "a lot" and it selected a difficulty based on that. So I assumed I was on the highest difficulty already. :i

Go to Help & Options > Settings. Set Difficulty to Planeswalker.
---
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NemosChannel/videos
Duels of the Planeswalkers matches and more!
More topics from this board...
Worst AI Hax Ever!!SpikeTbear17/8 11:14PM