so will this coming to the iphone? or just the ipad.

#1greekgamerPosted 6/17/2012 3:30:47 PM
They said it's coming to the ipad. wonder if it would also on the iphone or other smart phones.
---
[ = [__] = ]
[ + [__] -:- ]
#2lepeosPosted 6/18/2012 3:00:11 AM
I guess they'll wait and see how well it does, nothing has been announced outside of iPad so far.
---
@lepeos
#3final_lapPosted 7/2/2012 5:04:49 PM
I don't see an iPhone version working well at all. You are underestimating how cramped it can get even on an iPad. Not only is it visually cramped but it can actually become difficult to carry out actions you intended or intelligibly figure out which creatures are blocking which creatures.

In any case if there was an iPhone version there will be no Planechase and 2-Headed Giant modes.
#4salmonjamPosted 7/5/2012 12:15:59 AM
Yeah, I don't see an iPhone version working out too well. The screen would be way too cramped and they would need to rework layouts and everything. Games would be really, really slow.
---
GT: dookpoops
#5iRoNsamurai420Posted 7/8/2012 11:28:15 AM
If Ascension can do it Magic should be able to aswell
---
I do have a haircut like you...just not on my head...
#6final_lapPosted 7/8/2012 1:15:01 PM
what is ascension?
#7Miggi3Fr3shPosted 7/17/2012 7:58:27 PM
iRoNsamurai420 posted...
If Ascension can do it Magic should be able to aswell

This. I'm just hoping they do it. Ascension isn't cramped at all and plays very well on the iPhone.
---
3DS: 3351-4111-5844 Black: Azaezal 3095-7582-1802
Here at GameFAQs gamers don't game, they complain.
#8final_lapPosted 7/17/2012 10:22:43 PM
A game like Pokemon TCG could work on iPhone since the size of the playing field is fixed. You can't have, say, hundreds of creatures out like in MtG.

Eye of Judgment would also work since again the field is fixed, there can at most be 9 cards in play.
Marvel TCG might work since at least there aren't tokens in it, and it was ported to PSP and DS so why not iPhone.

MtG on iPhone might happen if there is a Duels that removes tokens and changes the rules so there is a fixed # of permanents you can have out.
I don't know what the case is with Ascension, but on 2nd thought, I want to try Ascension.
#9Miggi3Fr3shPosted 7/18/2012 5:49:11 AM
Ascension is able to have tons of cards on the field. I don't believe there is a limit as I've had tons of "artifacts" as well as cards that allowed me to continually keep drawing from my deck and playing them on the field.

Now where I could see there being an issue is a Planechase battle or any 4 Player mode in MtG where that may be a bit too crowded for a tiny screen. However, again, Acension does have a 4 player mode and runs and looks just fine on iPhone.
---
3DS: 3351-4111-5844 Black: Azaezal 3095-7582-1802
Here at GameFAQs gamers don't game, they complain.
#10final_lapPosted 7/19/2012 3:28:00 PM
The screens for Ascension make it look like either a) The playing field is a fixed size like Pokemon, or b) not everything is on screen at once. (you scroll left and right to see the rest of the cards) There probably aren't token producers either. There is no way this would work as an iPhone app. If it was rehauled for iPhone then maybe. On iPad you touch a card to target and have to worry you didn't pick the one next it. On iPhone it would be impossible to choose the cards you meant to. The people in this thread are being ridiculous.