Stupid Fungus, how!?

#1taw2000Posted 6/10/2012 1:46:18 PM
I don't get it, what do I need to evolve to finally beat this level, I hate fungus!
---
no signatures please....
#2Billy-De-KidPosted 6/10/2012 4:10:03 PM
Evolve every Transmission by one while also evolving heat and cold resistance and antibiotics by one until everyone is getting infected at a fast steady pace, wich means stop evolving when this happens, you'll need the DNA later. Devolve every symptom you get so you don't get noticed. Once EVERY person is infected, devolve everything. Evolve coughing, then sneezing, then the one that starts with the word "Immune" and finaly the organ failure one. Spend the DNA you get from the fatalities on things that will slow the cure production. On a side note, if you evolve Insomnia and Anaemia, you will eventually acquire the Walking Dead Symptom Combo, it causes everyone to be tired and slows the cure progress and helped me win the virus level.

Expect to be VERY close, I won with the cure progress at 90%!
#3CuisinierRougePosted 6/10/2012 4:10:50 PM
I just involved transmission vectors along with resistances when necessary. I made sure to devolve any symptoms that showed up during the infection process too. Making it highly infectious, I was able to beat it on Brutal on my first try.

It does take a bit of time, but once every human is infected, start ramping up symptoms and making it more fatal. You should have enough points to at least get from Coughing to Total Organ Failure. The research will start, but just pick the right symptoms and abilities and you'll be golden.
#4HyperpantsPosted 6/11/2012 2:21:16 AM
I just tried the whole get everyone infected and then slam them out of nowhere with fatal symptoms tactic, but it just meant that like 6-7 countries instantaneously started on cures and it was going at about 1% per second. It took me like 20 minutes or more just to get everyone infected, but all in all with their speedy cure, I only killed 5% of the population even though I infected all of it. It took a really long time to get those last two countries. I even used my points to infect a random new country but it didn't even work. wtf... The fungus is so isolated, I can't even count on it to spread. It would kill everyone in those few countries before it spread.
---
When life gives you lemons, /reroll.
#5rj_l00Posted 6/13/2012 9:41:02 AM
I think the trick is to wait (and I mean wait a looong time) for everyone to get infected without getting noticed.... Then unleash lethalities....
#6EronamanthiusPosted 6/13/2012 9:47:09 AM
rj_l00 posted...
I think the trick is to wait (and I mean wait a looong time) for everyone to get infected without getting noticed.... Then unleash lethalities....

^^
Pretty much this. Cure research goes faster the more countries notice it. Keep it quiet and safe - just infective. Once everyone has it, flip the kill switch.
---
What I have shown you is but an illusion. What you choose to see - that is the reality.
#7NickNOIR12Posted 6/14/2012 6:00:05 PM
rj_l00 posted...

Hit the clock and press the fast forward button and make sure auto-pause is on in the menu ;)