Defeat from the jaws of victory

#1jayhawk88Posted 6/16/2012 8:05:04 AM
So I'm playing Parasite Normal. By the book early game: infections proceeded well, got the entire world infected without anyone noticing, 90-some DNA saved up in the process. It's in the bag, right?

Instead of going through coughing-organ failure, I decide to do something different and go for Insanity, with a bit of vommiting thrown in. Also picked up the first "slower cure research", but nothing after that, because it was game over, right? Paranoid, insane, vomitting people all over the globe aren't going to make much cure progress surely. I figured I'd get some points for the kills and pick up a few necessary symptoms to ramp up the lethality as I went.

Yeah right. US took the lead in the cure right after the deaths started. Cure was at 25% almost before I noticed the cure was going on at all. 50%, I panic a bit and pick up Inflammation or something like that. Doesn't matter. I'm killing but not nearly as quickly as I need to, US is just cranking out the research. I don't have enough to get another Slow Cure ability, even if I sell of everything. In the end I only killed like 25-28% of the world before the cure was found.

So I guess what I'm saying is....U - S - A.....U - S - A......U - S - A.....It couldn't have been easy curing this deadly brain parasite while seeing visions of purple dragons and believing that you were the King of Prussia, but they did it anyway.
---
Didn't you know? Marvel's Hell is really DC Comics. - Entertainer13
#2creatureandyPosted 6/16/2012 5:23:43 PM
U.S.A! U.S.A!

Insanity route is crap. I did the same thing. Same results :(
---
PSN/XBOX LIVE: Mushasha
#3menalaos1971Posted 6/19/2012 11:23:50 AM
Coughing through Organ Failure is very effective, but I've tried a few of the other routes, too. If you go through Insanity you'll need more than Vomitting to make it a global killer. Taking that chain the other route to Paralysis and Coma will really slow the Cure, too.

And, yes, you need Genetic Hardening 1 & 2 to stop the cure from wiping out your bug before you wipe out all of the people will a top end nation like the US is leading the charge.
---
The secret to life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
#4mattb777Posted 7/17/2012 12:20:28 AM
One time the game glitched so no one was ever infected. I still got 40 points.