Improving The Breaking Point Submission System.

#1SouLeDxOuTxWPPosted 9/5/2012 12:07:05 AM
In WWE 12 breaking point submissions were pretty much a joke considering how ridiculously easy it was to fill up the meter no matter who you were up against. Judging by some of the gameplay videos I've seen of 13 it doesn't look like much has changed. I remember back in SvR 06 & 07 when they had the sub A & sub B meters which took a lot more skill. More recently in either SvR 2010 or 2011 I remember it being hard as hell to submit someone who had a high durability &/or submission rating such as Jericho or Bret Hart, even if you've done significant damage to that specific limb.

In 13, I would hope that durability ratings will play more of a factor in how easy it is to escape or defeat someone with a breaking point submission. If you're facing someone like HBK or HHH it should take atleast 2-3 attempts to tap them out even after doing significant damage.

Also, I've seen a lot of the "fair" community online complain about someone winning with a breaking point submission because of how broken it was. Well I agree that it was indeed poorly implemented, but here is how I approached the situation. If I'm using someone like Ric Flair & my opponent was someone like Alex Wright, I'm sorry but I'm tapping you out at the first opportune moment that I see fit to. If I'm up against a main event caliber person, since I like putting on realistic type matches I'd let them escape the hold once, maybe twice. So for me it all depends on the type of player I'm up against as well as the type of character they're using.
---
Proud member of the nWo Wolfpac (WP) clan since 2006. We put on realistic simulation style matches. GT-SouLeD OuT WP PSN- SouLedxOuTxWP.
#2hulkhogan1Posted 9/5/2012 12:10:09 AM
I think it's just fine the way it is. The only improvement I can think of is being able to hold it until the count of 5 during a rope break.
#3jglennv2Posted 9/5/2012 12:54:34 AM
I agree with TC, they made it so as soon as you hit the submission move the person taps. That's not cool, especially online!
#4ecw4life13Posted 9/5/2012 6:20:57 AM
submissions dont last long.

they are not executed well enough.

they are released to quickly.

holding the move after a rope break is attained should be there for heels.

if i was developing the game i would have options after you aquire the submission

1 - release hold and celebrate your win (Faces)
2 - keep the hold locked on resulting in referees trying to stop you(Heels)
3 - Call out stable mate(s) to celebrate your win(Faces)
4 - Call out stable mate(s) to assault the fallen face(Heels)

i would want my universe to be in complete control of what happens. decide who helps you with scenes, no random attacks that have no significance in any lines your doing.
#5Carribean_CoolPosted 9/5/2012 10:14:30 AM
hulkhogan1 posted...
I think it's just fine the way it is.

I'm so shocked -_-
---
Snitsky's Condoms. If she get's pregnant, it's not your fault.
#6Kidxpress360Posted 9/5/2012 12:45:35 PM
hulkhogan1 posted...
I think it's just fine the way it is. The only improvement I can think of is being able to hold it until the count of 5 during a rope break.

Of course you do.
---
Lok
#7Dart_Feld7Posted 9/5/2012 12:52:31 PM
I also think the breaking point submission system is fine as it is though it could use some tweaks(one of them hh1 mentioned).

The problem isn't the sub system it's balancing as far as stats and their impact on gameplay which has been an issue for years even when we had Struggle subs and older sub mechanics. It also affects other mechanics.

That said, I prefer the sub systems that have meters and sweet spots for escaping and reversing.

As for online gamers complaining about losing, pfft.
---
http://cdn2.cagepotato.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/JonestossesRashad.gif
Want a mindf***? Watch Dark Floors.
#8Glover33448Posted 9/5/2012 2:25:54 PM
Personally I still wish they were more like EA's MMA game. Sleeper and knockout style submissions are one mini-game and joint holds are another.

Sleeper style moves have a "sweet spot" game with the right analog stick. The buttom mash joint locks have a stamina meter attached to them. If you just buttom mash away you will exhaust your stamina and the hold is broken. You have to try to time a wrench of the hold for when your opponent's stamina is lessened.

To make it tougher I'd say instead of onscreen meters they should give us visual cues. Like pulling back/wrenching animations for the person trying to submit where they loosen the hold as they fatigue and more flailing for opponents not fighting the move at the moment. I also think there should be a heel ability to use the ropes or a manager for leverage to make your move do more damage while using less stamina (on moves where it makes sense) but running the risk of the ref forcing you to release the move.

Base the stamina/size of the sweet spot off of durability, submission rating, and possibly off of stamina too.
---
"Vampire Penguins...Zombie Guinea Pigs...We're done for!"
Some British Dude's Random Sleep Talk
#9MegaprimePosted 9/5/2012 7:38:19 PM
I would like it if they implemented the UFC 3 submission system where you have to chase your opponents sub bar depending on stats, that'll be cool.
#10Dart_Feld7Posted 9/5/2012 7:51:07 PM
I wouldn't mind them borrowing from MMA sub systems.
---
http://cdn2.cagepotato.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/JonestossesRashad.gif
Want a mindf***? Watch Dark Floors.