Moves...

#1ShinZeroTakerXPosted 9/25/2012 7:42:34 PM
This game could be amazing if they would simply just mo-cap the correct moves for the ATTITUDE ERA guys and Current superstars! They should stop being so darn lazy and get it right. This is just unacceptable. {Shamrock is wrong, JBL/Bradshaw is wrong, hell even attitude era Mark henry is wrong}
---
GT: Prince Zero X7
"The Wise are often Misunderstood and called weird....I Guess I'm one of those Weird people." Z.X.
#2TheRobPosted 9/25/2012 11:12:19 PM
Mocap is the problem for the most part. Get some guys in there to do them by hand again, then they'll look awesome. The moves today almost never look right because they're being done by the wrong people and they never seem to look like they have much impact.
---
The People's Heel
IF YA SMEELLLALALAO..WHAT THE ROB IS COOKING !!!
'B-|
#3samantha_sneezPosted 9/26/2012 12:20:45 AM
TheRob posted...
Mocap is the problem for the most part. Get some guys in there to do them by hand again, then they'll look awesome. The moves today almost never look right because they're being done by the wrong people and they never seem to look like they have much impact.

I'm sorry, this may seem like a dumb question, but when did they stop doing them by hand? I remember them doing them by hand in HCTP, but I thought they Mo-Capped things since WWF Attitude?
---
-Cartoons are people, too
-Not changing this signature until A-Rod treats me to a nice lobster dinner.
#4TheRobPosted 9/26/2012 12:46:05 AM(edited)
samantha_sneez posted...
TheRob posted...

I'm sorry, this may seem like a dumb question, but when did they stop doing them by hand? I remember them doing them by hand in HCTP, but I thought they Mo-Capped things since WWF Attitude?

WWF Attitude was made by Acclaim, the then developer of WWF games, they always did their wrestling games with mocap. It's one of the reasons why their moves never looked very good.

But, yeah, I think Here Comes The Pain is about the time that Yukes' stopped. Since then they've been weeding out the old hand made ones and replacing them with mostly inferior mocap versions, though sometimes not at all. The Smackdown series had used hand made animations from the beginning up until Here Comes The Pain, that was the last that I can recall from them.

---
The People's Heel
'B-|
#5samantha_sneezPosted 9/26/2012 12:42:09 AM
TheRob posted...
samantha_sneez posted...
TheRob posted...

WWF Attitude was made by Acclaim, the then developer of WWF games, they always did their wrestling games with mocap. It's one of the reasons why their moves never looked very good.

But, yeah, I think Here Comes The Pain is about the time that Yukes' stopped. Since then they've been weeding out the old hand made ones and replacing them with mostly inferior versions, though somethings not at all. The Smackdown series had used hand made animation from the beginning up until Here Comes The Pain, that was the last that I can recall from them.

Yeah, the Mo-Capped animations are horrible. I had no idea they were on a witchhunt to replace all of the hand drawn animations, I thought they just dropped them. So that's one of the reasons why the move selection list gets smaller and smaller every year. I think the last Smackdown game with a bevy of moves was probably SvR 2008.
---
#6TheRobPosted 9/26/2012 12:46:33 AM
It's sad even the WWF War Zone/Attitude's mocapped Manidlbe Claw was better looking than the one Yuke's has given us in recent years and it was submission hold too as it should be, or at the very least a pinning hold.
---
The People's Heel
'B-|
#7kayoticdreamzPosted 9/26/2012 12:48:32 AM
TheRob posted...

yea mortal kombat is the probably the only series with mo-cap that looks good.(yes there could be other games but i just dont know them)

yea i dont know why they went on the hand animation witch hunt
#8WickedSickJoshPosted 9/26/2012 1:26:23 AM
I believe that also all the animations in the AKI games (No Mercy, WM2000, WCW vs nWo Revenge) were all done by hand and a lot of the moves were PERFECT looking. Those games have the best looking Stone Cold Stunner, a move the Yukes has a terrible time trying to do.

Anyway, Yukes says the reason they mo-cap moves now is because it's less time consuming. And the reason they took out a lot of the old non-mo-capped moves is because they "weren't up to today's standards". Yup.... *wonders of the moves are still locked away on-disc*
---
Currently Playing: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (3DS), WWE '12 (360), Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (PS3)
"You can't sedate all the things you hate"
#9samantha_sneezPosted 9/26/2012 1:50:58 AM
WickedSickJosh posted...
I believe that also all the animations in the AKI games (No Mercy, WM2000, WCW vs nWo Revenge) were all done by hand and a lot of the moves were PERFECT looking. Those games have the best looking Stone Cold Stunner, a move the Yukes has a terrible time trying to do.

Anyway, Yukes says the reason they mo-cap moves now is because it's less time consuming. And the reason they took out a lot of the old non-mo-capped moves is because they "weren't up to today's standards". Yup.... *wonders of the moves are still locked away on-disc*

The moves in No Mercy were fantastic looking.

"Weren't up to today's standards" my behind. I bet you the moves are still on the disc somewhere.
---
#10morning_redPosted 9/26/2012 2:02:14 AM
TheRob posted...