Why Cry about AI?

#11Super VejitaPosted 10/8/2012 9:41:37 AM
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I found the AI just fine in 12. It wasn't as much of a pushover as it had been in previous games.
---
"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!" ~Dracula
#12wwinterj25Posted 10/8/2012 9:46:36 AM(edited)
Madcapunlimited posted...
Nice way to be a d-bag troll. Point is- I thought most people DID play with others and weren't lonely little sad children playing all on their own.

Single player is a big part of these games otherwise they wouldn't bother with attitude mode, fixes and upgrades to universe, unlocks and so on. Online is after thought and that's clear as last year the servers were bad.

With that said the A.I is very important. Even when playing with friends and having a few beers it's fun to "beat up" the A.I and it been a challenge is even more fun. I'd like the A.I to be more of a challenge and I don't understand why you care what others think about the A.I when obviously you're such a social whirl wind that you play with buddys 24/7.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#13snikt6384Posted 10/8/2012 9:44:45 AM
Yeah, I only play this game solo, and I play it VERY often. So AI definitely matters. WWE '12, with my reversal sliders turned down so it's harder to reverse is pretty fun and MUCH better than most years. I dont lose too often, but it's actually happened (unlike previous years), which is definitely the direction i'd like it to go. And yes, i'd personally rather the 2 button reversal system.
#14Dart_Feld7Posted 10/8/2012 9:45:09 AM
Super Vejita posted...
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I found the AI just fine in 12. It wasn't as much of a pushover as it had been in previous games.

This'n
---
http://cdn2.cagepotato.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/JonestossesRashad.gif
Want a mindf***? Watch Dark Floors.
#15MarvelRules95Posted 10/8/2012 9:49:01 AM
Madcapunlimited posted...
MarvelRules95 posted...
The AI isn't that terrible, it's just easy to counter. And I am NOT a sad little child for playing by myself all the time. I take offense to that. Online is f'ing annoying, and I have no friends that like WWE.

That comment was just re-trolling the slow clap guy. No offense intended to anyone not being a d-bag about simply asking a question.

So would you agree the 2 button counter would be more interesting than the single button style?

I don't care either way, as the only game I've ever played that has two button reversals in SVR 2009.
---
Go Cleveland Galdiators, Jacksonville Sharks, and Philadelphia Soul. Screw the NFL, give me the AFL!
#16Dart_Feld7Posted 10/8/2012 9:50:43 AM
I prefer 2 button reversals personally.
---
http://cdn2.cagepotato.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/JonestossesRashad.gif
Want a mindf***? Watch Dark Floors.
#17sleepinggorillaPosted 10/8/2012 10:12:47 AM
The few times I've been online I've been matched up with some D-Bag that does everything to squash me as quickly as possible.

Generally when playing another person if they are down, I do a move or 2 and let them get up. If I'm dominating them with offense, I back off and work on countering, If they have a pulling off a cool spot, I let them do it. Who cares about winning? I just want a fun match with a good player that understands sportsmanship.

Anyway, it's not that the AI is terrible so much as it hasn't improved much in the last decade.
#18Super VejitaPosted 10/8/2012 10:19:56 AM
sleepinggorilla posted...
The few times I've been online I've been matched up with some D-Bag that does everything to squash me as quickly as possible.

Generally when playing another person if they are down, I do a move or 2 and let them get up. If I'm dominating them with offense, I back off and work on countering, If they have a pulling off a cool spot, I let them do it. Who cares about winning? I just want a fun match with a good player that understands sportsmanship.

Anyway, it's not that the AI is terrible so much as it hasn't improved much in the last decade.

This. It's pretty rare to find that online though. That's one of the major things I hate about online in these games. It's less about having a good match and more about totally squashing your opponent.
---
"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!" ~Dracula
#19MBXfilmsPosted 10/8/2012 10:22:37 AM
I doubt many play with 4 players on hand at all times with these games unless you live in a dorm or something. Be glad that you have that I guess, but don't try to make yourself sound better for "having friends" or something. Some people are out of college and don't have friends on stand by in their homes to play at all times.

Nintendo is about the only company that makes games for local play anymore, so it's a pretty WIDE trend that most people play alone or using online for muliplayer. Which is too bad since I like local way more than online.

Everytime I play with friends it's the only time they get to play the game, so they can't do much, and end up repeating moves a lot and generally not being fun opponents.

And what if we wanted to be a team? We'd be facing the AI anyway, which is the problem.
Like if we played Universe as certain people, the AI will determine how fun it is.
---
MBXfilms.com
#20GrimMTrixXPosted 10/8/2012 1:17:26 PM
I sim matches always and often in wwe games, mostly in no mercy and smackdown 2 and HCTP. I havent really done it since then because i havent gotten into a WWE game in a long time. i own them all, just dont play more than 1-2 months. But now with all WWE 13 has to offer I cannot wait for this game! I am gonna SIM like a madman. I sim to see how my CAWs fair against other CAWs as well as the superstars. It helps me to figure out how to tweak them to be the way I want them to be and to see what kind of character they are to best fit a story for them. I still to this day sim in No mercy and now i think i have finally found a game n which i i can do that with all the new extra things that the new wwe games have to offer.
---
XBL/PSN: GrimmTrixX
More topics from this board...
So...uh....VivaLaRazaLH111/18 8:45AM