THQ says it's our fault for the no-2-counts glitch

#1Pier81Posted 11/7/2012 6:49:24 PM
On the official THQ boards, in the Bug section (obviously the most active board), one of the most discussed bug is the no-2-counts glitch.

Basically in Exhibition and Universe, outside of leverage pins and right stick up/down pins, it's impossible to get a normal or dramatic 2 count no matter how the opponent is weared down or how many special/finisher you use.

Here are some of the hilarious post of one of the THQ guys, Aubrey, in which he implies that we are getting the glitch because we aren't play the game in the right way:

---
USER: You get 2 counts only if you use leverage pin or right stick up/down pin, NEVER with a normal pin.
I would have never bought the game if I had known of such a game breaking bug.

Video proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_bDfV9siLc

THQ AUBREY: Again, guys, this just isn't true. If you use varied moves, target limbs and don't set the game to start with finishers (or worse, with infinite finishers), you'll end up seeing more 2-counts.
---

USER: They must play the game different is the only reason then OR programmed bad. Why can't ANY player no matter HOW they play get a two count?

THQ AUBREY: Because if you go into a match and immediately start spamming signature and/or finishers, you're not playing the game like a real wrestling match, thus the results don't look much like a real wrestling match.ecause if you go into a match and immediately start spamming signature and/or finishers, you're not playing the game like a real wrestling match, thus the results don't look much like a real wrestling match.
---

So, after reading this, many tried to play as Aubrey suggested, and the results of course, was still no 2 counts.

Then, someone asked him to post video proof of 2 counts using current superstars in Exhibition mode (as we provided several videos as proof for the bug existance). Obviously Aubrey eluded the question, still insisting that it's a problem for a minority of players:

"THQ AUBREY: Some people believe that there aren't enough two-counts in the game, and we're currently looking into ways to address it. But as evidenced in the second post, not everyone is having that problem, despite the protests of some very vocal folks on this board."

"THQ AUBREY: No, not selective reading. I've seen regular 2-counts. Our PD team has seen them. Our testers have seen them. Friends of mine have seen them. Even posters on these forums have seen them. "

Well, 'nuff said.

This is THQ Bug forum link:
http://wwe.thq.com/go/forum/view/139707/237677/technical-help-bug-reporting

If we want the glitch to be fixed, I'm pretty sure you guys know what has to be done.
---
I am twice the man that you are and I have half the brain that you do.
#2MrB730Posted 11/7/2012 6:52:42 PM
I have honestly had plenty of 2 counts after doing finishers in matches. I have also had 1 counts and 3 counts. So maybe there is some truth to those claims.
---
Thou shall not ragequit. - Commandment # 11
Rage is hilarious. Add me. TrollerSkatez
#3RockBottom885Posted 11/7/2012 6:54:11 PM
The infinite finishers thing does seem like a good point honestly.

But I haven't played enough exhibition or universe yet to really give an answer
---
---
{[BBs88]}
#4Pier81(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2012 6:55:25 PM
MrB730 posted...
I have honestly had plenty of 2 counts after doing finishers in matches. I have also had 1 counts and 3 counts. So maybe there is some truth to those claims.

I never had a single two-counts no matter the sliders, experience or other match settings...are you sure those were NORMAL pins and not leverage or right stick up/down pins?
---
#5FMALuciferODPosted 11/7/2012 6:56:24 PM
I adjusted the sliders like one guy suggested on here, just did a three way with Goldust, Tazz(me), and Crash Holly and had two counts.... Not plenty but enough.
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/Tommydreamerfan/Umbrella.png
#6Dart_Feld7Posted 11/7/2012 6:57:54 PM
Well, it seems like a tricky issue.

It's not universal and a few that have reported they have had the problem have reported it being fixed on it's own or with sliders.

Idk much about programming, Idk how they're going to go about helping those affected with all of the confusion.

I'm not sure why both sides are unwilling to believe the other/talk in absolutes though.
---
Gloverized by slyfan926. I'm a NE Patriots fan!
Want a mindf***? Watch Dark Floors.
#7skaskiPosted 11/7/2012 7:02:07 PM
i only ever get a 1-count too. but i got over it.

also i like when aubrey wrote,
"But again: We understand that some of our most vocal fans don't like it, and we're looking at ways to correct it. Since I can't snap my fingers and magically change each of your games to be exactly what you'd like it to be, that's the best I can offer right now."

that's rational.
---
the solenoid robot is
dzzt
#8Pier81(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2012 7:03:44 PM
Dart_Feld7 posted...
Well, it seems like a tricky issue.

It's not universal and a few that have reported they have had the problem have reported it being fixed on it's own or with sliders.

Idk much about programming, Idk how they're going to go about helping those affected with all of the confusion.

I'm not sure why both sides are unwilling to believe the other/talk in absolutes though.

Personally since I've tried the sliders you are talking about having no benefits at all, I tend to think that many people says they are having 2 counts because they are using leverage or right stick pins. And this issue affects normal pins.

But say that this Aubrey guy is telling the truth, why doesn't he record a simple video showing that 2-counts does exist?

Don't be fooled by the infinite finisher video, the kickouts-at-1 plagues the game whatever fighting style you choose, infinite finishers or not using finishers at all.
---
#9Durpee7Posted 11/7/2012 7:10:31 PM
I think you have to get all body parts yellow
---
3DSFC: 2277-6704-5993
JBL is god
#10MrB730Posted 11/7/2012 7:11:40 PM
Pier81 posted...
MrB730 posted...

I never had a single two-counts no matter the sliders, experience or other match settings...are you sure those were NORMAL pins and not leverage or right stick up/down pins?

Yep I am positive. And im not trying to defend the game for the sake of defending it because i have had a few glitches in this one and a ton in last years but this is one thing that i see people talking about that has not once happened to me. Just last night when i played the game last a feud in my Universe is Booker T vs Big Show and I was Booker and had just done the scissor kick to big show and pinned normally and got a two count and he kicked out of it. Then after i got my finisher again and did it i got a 3. Both regular pins with the B button.

My settings were Normal and i havent touched the sliders difficulty also on Normal. I dont think there is anything im doing differently in matches but i dont know. I havent started a match with a finisher or with infinite finishers.
---
Thou shall not ragequit. - Commandment # 11
Rage is hilarious. Add me. TrollerSkatez