THQ says it's our fault for the no-2-counts glitch

#101jman427Posted 11/8/2012 9:24:03 AM
I got a 2 count once after stomping an arm in a ground grapple, my opponent was all yellow except his body which was orange. After that I hit him with a finisher piledriver and got a 1 count. It's like the cpu randomly messes up sometimes, but is perfectly capable of kicking out at 1 unless they are totally screwed.

I get 1 counts or 3 counts most of the time. If someone has one body part red, I do my finisher on it, they usually kick out at 1, I have to yellow damage another body part to get the 3 count.

I think the problem is the pin system, the cpu is too good at kicking out. Last year there was a delay before you could move the bar, now without the delay I can't kick out at 2 either unless I wait a half second before holding the button.
---
no?
#102brolynickPosted 11/8/2012 9:36:45 AM
I played on Legend with default sliders for a lot of matches. Never got a single 2-count. Now I play on hard with adjusted sliders that I got from this board. Never got a single 2-count. I don't use infinite finishers at all.

Worst one that happened so far was me as Brodus vs Otunga. His torso and head were fully red and the match went on for about 10 mins. I hit my finisher... 0 count. Not even a 1-count. How realistic.
---
Chris Jericho is better than God.
#103DeathMagnetic80Posted 11/8/2012 10:29:10 AM
Pier81 posted...
mcmax3000 posted...

Also, the one person above is 100% correct... This is not a game breaking bug. The game plays just fine as is. Would it play better without this problem? Absolutely. I also am rarely seeing two counts, but I also don't generally go for pins unless I'm pretty positive I'm going to get a three count, so I don't generally expect to, but I'd love to see them more. Would make the game better, but it's not game breaking.

So, you are Nash and you do a Jacknife Powerbomb to Primo after hitting him with some strong moves.

REAL LIFE: Primo sold the Jackknife as it broke his back and Nash easily covers for the 1-2-3.

WWE '13: Nash go for the cover, but Primo kicks out at 1 like he were Hogan/Warrior/Goldberg!

How can this not be a game breaking bug for a self-proclaimed wrestling SIMULATION?

I get that if you are not a wrestling fan probably you hardly notice it, but it's a basic and essential mechanic for any wrestling game that has to be sold to wrestling fans. And since this is not a generic fighter game, it is a huge problem that has been criminally overlooked.

My only argument was it really isn't a sim anyway. I can see wanting to have epic back and forth dramatic matches with lots of long 2 counts like real life, because those are indeed awesome, but overall the game isn't built to simulate that. When I said the glitch wasn't game breaking, I was looking at it from the perspective that the average person plays this game solely to win like it's a fighting game, as opposed to trying to simulate the pace of an actual match, since it's really not designed to do that very well.
---
RIP A7X71180 4/14/2006-12/24/2011
2012 San Diego Chargers 4-4
#104LegacyCrovaxPosted 11/8/2012 10:30:56 AM
i have a thread where i posted the sliders i used and i didn't use to get 2 counts but after mucking with the sliders i now see them every match.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag : GalvanticCrovax
#105ShinZeroTakerXPosted 11/8/2012 10:35:18 AM
Pier81 posted...
mcmax3000 posted...

Also, the one person above is 100% correct... This is not a game breaking bug. The game plays just fine as is. Would it play better without this problem? Absolutely. I also am rarely seeing two counts, but I also don't generally go for pins unless I'm pretty positive I'm going to get a three count, so I don't generally expect to, but I'd love to see them more. Would make the game better, but it's not game breaking.

So, you are Nash and you do a Jacknife Powerbomb to Primo after hitting him with some strong moves.

REAL LIFE: Primo sold the Jackknife as it broke his back and Nash easily covers for the 1-2-3.

WWE '13: Nash go for the cover, but Primo kicks out at 1 like he were Hogan/Warrior/Goldberg!

How can this not be a game breaking bug for a self-proclaimed wrestling SIMULATION?

I get that if you are not a wrestling fan probably you hardly notice it, but it's a basic and essential mechanic for any wrestling game that has to be sold to wrestling fans. And since this is not a generic fighter game, it is a huge problem that has been criminally overlooked.

THIS TIMES A BILLION!
---
GT: Prince Zero X 7
"The Wise are often Misunderstood and called weird....I Guess I'm one of those Weird people." Z.X.
#106samantha_sneezPosted 11/8/2012 10:37:54 AM
ShinZeroTakerX posted...
Pier81 posted...
mcmax3000 posted...

THIS TIMES A BILLION!

Exactly!!
---
-Cartoons are people, too
-Not changing this signature until A-Rod treats me to a nice lobster dinner.
#107G-ZissPosted 11/8/2012 10:37:55 AM
It is most inarguably a game-breaking flaw. I don't see how anyone with even an ounce of common sense can say otherwise.
#108kayoticdreamzPosted 11/8/2012 11:56:43 AM
G-Ziss posted...
It is most inarguably a game-breaking flaw. I don't see how anyone with even an ounce of common sense can say otherwise.

this. but then again this is the internet common sense is left at the door. also despite tons of video evidence otherwise we will now have tons of people claiming this bug doesnt exist which is of course BS.

DeathMagnetic80 posted...
kayoticdreamz posted...

I'm sorry, apparently not getting furious over a minor inconvenience makes me a troll.

ah yes i can picture it now.....undertaker vs HBK at wrestlemania 25.....the entire match having zero 2 counts!!!!! or undertaker versus HHH at the HIAC wrestlemania and no 2 counts....yea those matches would lose something. so really troll harder please.

yep im sure youve watched a lot of wrestling since you dont think no 2 counts is an issue.

If it were an actual match, sure.. but you all are acting like this game is a hard sim, when it really isn't, nothing about it really flows like an actual match from the AI to the mechanics. I still have fun with it, I'm just saying that this whole deal is probably a symptom of a larger problem: WWE games just need a new gameplay engine at this point. Either go more arcadey (which All Stars did, which was a blast) or more sim, right now it's kind of a wonky hybrid with a weird flow all around. It's really not designed to have realistic matches and spots in general.

Also... Protip: Just because you disagree with me, doesn't make me a troll. I'm not voicing my opinions with the intent to anger/annoy anyone, etc, In fact, I'd say I've been downright polite in my stance considering I've been insulted by at least two of you for no real reason.

you are right it isnt a sim because people dont kick out at 2 ever.

and protip: you are a troll because your arguments are idiotic at best.
#109DeathMagnetic80Posted 11/8/2012 12:04:08 PM
kayoticdreamz posted...
G-Ziss posted...

this. but then again this is the internet common sense is left at the door. also despite tons of video evidence otherwise we will now have tons of people claiming this bug doesnt exist which is of course BS.

kayoticdreamz posted...

I'm sorry, apparently not getting furious over a minor inconvenience makes me a troll.

ah yes i can picture it now.....undertaker vs HBK at wrestlemania 25.....the entire match having zero 2 counts!!!!! or undertaker versus HHH at the HIAC wrestlemania and no 2 counts....yea those matches would lose something. so really troll harder please.

yep im sure youve watched a lot of wrestling since you dont think no 2 counts is an issue.

If it were an actual match, sure.. but you all are acting like this game is a hard sim, when it really isn't, nothing about it really flows like an actual match from the AI to the mechanics. I still have fun with it, I'm just saying that this whole deal is probably a symptom of a larger problem: WWE games just need a new gameplay engine at this point. Either go more arcadey (which All Stars did, which was a blast) or more sim, right now it's kind of a wonky hybrid with a weird flow all around. It's really not designed to have realistic matches and spots in general.

Also... Protip: Just because you disagree with me, doesn't make me a troll. I'm not voicing my opinions with the intent to anger/annoy anyone, etc, In fact, I'd say I've been downright polite in my stance considering I've been insulted by at least two of you for no real reason.

I'm not even arguing, I understand where you all are coming from, I generally don't play the game to try and sim realistic matches.. so I'll concede, if you're in it for that, than yes, it's gonna be annoying as hell. I generally just play here and there to win, so I rarely even go for the cover unless I'm fairly sure they are done. My argument, if any, was that if the game is supposed to be a sim... it's not a particularly good one. Pretty much was saying for me, the 2 count thing is as big of a deal than it is to some of you. To each their own. But to act like I don't watch wrestling because I don't hold a video game to the same standards as I do the real thing when they are two different beasts entirely is a bit silly. In a real match you have two guys working together to plan all of these dramatic spots... in a video game it's treated like a legit competition with the AI actively working against you, and not with you. If you really wanted to sim the flow of how actual matches go, the closest thing with the tools this game gives you would be to play a 2 player game and plan spots with a friend. Or failing that, at least your friend can kick out at 2 more regularly.
---
RIP A7X71180 4/14/2006-12/24/2011
2012 San Diego Chargers 4-4
#110JohnMcHeroPosted 11/8/2012 12:04:26 PM
kayoticdreamz posted...
G-Ziss posted...

kayoticdreamz posted...

I am not being funny but you are surely trolling yourself now. DeathMagnetic has made a valid point which you are completely ignoring for the sake of your own argument.

Someone in the production team may have said this is a SIM but it is in no way a realistic SIM and that would be the case with or without the 2 count glitch. If you cant understand that then I am sorry, I can't comprehend something on anothers behalf.
---
Its better to be lucky than good.