THQ says it's our fault for the no-2-counts glitch

#61DeathMagnetic80Posted 11/8/2012 1:17:46 AM
TheJahManCometh posted...
It's a game, not a simulation

it's a sim game. and it's been a simulation for a long ass time now

I don't see how it's a sim, at all. The mechanics are still very arcadey. Fire Pro is a sim, EWR is a sim. TEW is a sim. This? Not so much. Until they actually make it paced like a real match, it really isn't a sim. If guys had matches like people do on WWE games, they'd all be called spot monkeys.

have you not noticed the changes they've made? for one they got rid of the grapple animation for ground grapples and signatures/finishers. the moves are now mo-capped and no longer hand drawn. compare this to HCTP

and lol literally comparing this to TEXT simulators. that doesn't even make sense

It's nice looking, but the core gameplay has more of an arcade flow than an actual sim. Real matches don't have guys throwing german suplexes and brainbusters 5 seconds in the match that are no sold and popped right back up from. It's gotten better, but I'm sorry, it's far more arcade than a real match sim. I'll hand you maybe text sims is a bad example, but sim a Fire Pro match and sim a WWE 13 match..... night and day.
---
RIP A7X71180 4/14/2006-12/24/2011
2012 San Diego Chargers 4-4
#62ShinWeskerPosted 11/8/2012 1:26:10 AM
samantha_sneez posted...
It's a game, not a simulation

it's a sim game. and it's been a simulation for a long ass time now

I don't see how it's a sim, at all. The mechanics are still very arcadey. Fire Pro is a sim, EWR is a sim. TEW is a sim. This? Not so much. Until they actually make it paced like a real match, it really isn't a sim. If guys had matches like people do on WWE games, they'd all be called spot monkeys.

have you not noticed the changes they've made? for one they got rid of the grapple animation for ground grapples and signatures/finishers. the moves are now mo-capped and no longer hand drawn. compare this to HCTP

and lol literally comparing this to TEXT simulators. that doesn't even make sense

This so much!!!

Fire Pro isn't a TEXT simulator.
---
Shadows of the Damned is an awesome game.
#63kayoticdreamzPosted 11/8/2012 1:37:16 AM

THIS THIS THIS!!!

DeathMagnetic80 posted...
kayoticdreamz posted...

It's a game, not a simulation. And yes, despite the fact that I've been a pro wrestling fan since I was a child and attend indy shows around here when I can, apparently I don't watch wrestling. Fact is, for what the game is, that's not game breaking at all. It may be annoying when they kick out at 1 all the time, but it doesn't break it.

troll harder please?

so a wrestling game that rarely if ever kicks out at 2 doesnt ruin the wrestling experience a tad? ok buddy one of the core fundamental aspects of a wrestling match is 2 counts i know this might sound shocking but a core fundamental aspect of wrestling in a wrestling game being broken can be defined as game breaking.

Dart_Feld7 posted...
Personally, I won't belittle the problem. I'm sure it's annoying and possibly disruptive.

But, I also wouldn't call it gamebreaking. I'd call something like the SvR 2011's pin glitch gamebreaking.

Not that it couldn't ruin someone's game, only speaking for myself.

the truly odd thing is i never experienced that 2011 pin glitch the fastest i could pin anyone in that game was 2-3 minutes after hitting a finisher first.
#64ChronoAcePosted 11/8/2012 1:38:43 AM
We shouldn't have to muck around with sliders/difficulty. No other wrestling game I can think of has EVER had this problem. It amazes me that they were able to screw up such a simple yet important thing.
#65DeathMagnetic80Posted 11/8/2012 2:04:27 AM
kayoticdreamz posted...

THIS THIS THIS!!!

kayoticdreamz posted...

It's a game, not a simulation. And yes, despite the fact that I've been a pro wrestling fan since I was a child and attend indy shows around here when I can, apparently I don't watch wrestling. Fact is, for what the game is, that's not game breaking at all. It may be annoying when they kick out at 1 all the time, but it doesn't break it.

troll harder please?

so a wrestling game that rarely if ever kicks out at 2 doesnt ruin the wrestling experience a tad? ok buddy one of the core fundamental aspects of a wrestling match is 2 counts i know this might sound shocking but a core fundamental aspect of wrestling in a wrestling game being broken can be defined as game breaking.

Dart_Feld7 posted...
Personally, I won't belittle the problem. I'm sure it's annoying and possibly disruptive.

But, I also wouldn't call it gamebreaking. I'd call something like the SvR 2011's pin glitch gamebreaking.

Not that it couldn't ruin someone's game, only speaking for myself.

the truly odd thing is i never experienced that 2011 pin glitch the fastest i could pin anyone in that game was 2-3 minutes after hitting a finisher first.

I'm sorry, apparently not getting furious over a minor inconvenience makes me a troll.
---
RIP A7X71180 4/14/2006-12/24/2011
2012 San Diego Chargers 4-4
#66hellslavePosted 11/8/2012 2:05:49 AM
I don't go for a pin until I'm ready to win the match, so I've never come across this bug. Though if you want more two counts, couldn't you just wear them down to critical and then release/cancel what would normally be a three count and make it a two instead?
---
In a world built on hope and faith, I am the realistic idea. The dream come crashing down.
#67ChronoAcePosted 11/8/2012 2:07:00 AM

I'm sorry, apparently not getting furious over a minor inconvenience makes me a troll.

Except its not a minor inconvenience. A minor inconvenience would be Daniel Bryan going to the wrong turnbuckle in his entrance.
#68kayoticdreamzPosted 11/8/2012 2:08:48 AM

ah yes i can picture it now.....undertaker vs HBK at wrestlemania 25.....the entire match having zero 2 counts!!!!! or undertaker versus HHH at the HIAC wrestlemania and no 2 counts....yea those matches would lose something. so really troll harder please.

yep im sure youve watched a lot of wrestling since you dont think no 2 counts is an issue.
#69kayoticdreamzPosted 11/8/2012 2:09:58 AM
hellslave posted...
I don't go for a pin until I'm ready to win the match, so I've never come across this bug. Though if you want more two counts, couldn't you just wear them down to critical and then release/cancel what would normally be a three count and make it a two instead?

oh yea thats TOTALLY the same as someone kicking out /sarcasm
#70samantha_sneezPosted 11/8/2012 2:10:32 AM

No, but you blathering on incoherently about things that you don't understand makes you a troll. A very piss poor one, if I may add. : P
---
-Cartoons are people, too
-Not changing this signature until A-Rod treats me to a nice lobster dinner.