Is Mark Henry really the strongest man in the world?

#1MilkinNipplePosted 11/8/2012 2:38:21 PM
He doesn't look THAT strong...
---
Scared cows make the best hamburgers - Mark Twain Boner
#2OrgeLambartPosted 11/8/2012 2:45:32 PM
no, he was in a strongest man competition, which he didn't win. He earned the nick name the same way big show used to be over 500 pounts, when he was really 450 - 480
#3MilkinNipple(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 2:47:45 PM
So...it's false advertising?

Hah, that's so cheap!
---
Scared cows make the best hamburgers - Mark Twain Boner
#4SoulOnIce26Posted 11/8/2012 2:48:44 PM
He set world powerlifting records in deadlift and squats. In high school.

He's pretty damn strong.
#5shinstochinsPosted 11/8/2012 2:49:46 PM
he held the world record for raw squat (not sure if he still does)
---
Im aldrig aka nagonstans
#6OrgeLambartPosted 11/8/2012 2:50:12 PM
I wouldn't go that far, it's more or else just WWE using the fact he was in a strongest man competition to their own benefit, most people who watch aren't smart enough to do any research on the subject at all and just take WWE at their word.
#7skaskiPosted 11/8/2012 2:53:17 PM
s' called 'suspension of disbelief.'
---
the solenoid robot is
dzzt
#8SoulOnIce26Posted 11/8/2012 2:54:55 PM
OrgeLambart posted...
I wouldn't go that far, it's more or else just WWE using the fact he was in a strongest man competition to their own benefit, most people who watch aren't smart enough to do any research on the subject at all and just take WWE at their word.

But it's a fact that he held the world records for squat and deadlift.
#9shinstochinsPosted 11/8/2012 2:58:08 PM
OrgeLambart posted...

so are you trying to tell me undertaker is not really dead?
---
Im aldrig aka nagonstans
#10OrgeLambartPosted 11/8/2012 2:59:20 PM
SoulOnIce26 posted...
OrgeLambart posted...

But it's a fact that he held the world records for squat and deadlift.

I never said it wasn't a fact, although i was wrong, apprently he came in first place at the Arnolds worlds strongest man competition. Atleast if his wikipedia is correct, don't get me wrong Henry is strong like a beast, but saying someone is the strongest man in the world is a pretty major claim.
More topics from this board...
So...uh....VivaLaRazaLH111/18 8:45AM