Tips for Universe Mode Setup?

#1NarutoLordPosted 11/9/2012 2:17:40 PM
So I right now have 3 main shows and a minor show; Raw with it's default roster, Warzone with the default AE roster, and Smackdown with the default roster for it. I only play matches with my CAWs, but have had a couple of cutscenes happen so far. I've also had scenes in matches without CAWs, such as the Miz beating up Brodus Clay post-match. I intended to add a fourth show so I could split the AE roster. I want to have four main shows with no shared titles, two minor shows, and two or more monthly payperviews highlighting 2 brands at a time.

Is this a good idea? How are your Universes set up? Is keeping everyone on a single brand worth it? I like the idea of multiple championship titles, but the brand split seems to be the only way to do that. I'd also like to remove Diva's titles from some of the main shows and replace them with another minor belt, but I don't know if I can do that.

Help/Advice?
---
i5 2500 ~ ASRock Pro3 Gen3 ~ 2 x 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X ~ EVGA GTX 560ti 448Core Classified Ultra 1280MB ~ Corsair 750W ~ Cooler Master HAF 922
#2ImpartialDuckPosted 11/9/2012 2:25:04 PM
I just reset my Universe and put everyone on the 1 show. Any duplicates I kept their AE versions and got rid of modern version, first month was slow with no story's, however the second month 5 matches have a feud going in them.

I also have 3 minor shows so that everyone has a chance at a match and to climb up and down ladders and what have you. Way more cutscenes than I had running 3 major shows.
---
XBL: ImpartialDuck
#3MadcapunlimitedPosted 11/9/2012 2:25:52 PM
If you want to just let the computer make matches, I suggest limiting the roster sizes. I ended up putting all the modern guys (plus the legends like Edge & Nash) on the Raw Roster and there were a bunch of guys that never got any screen time (kind of like real life....)

If you don't mind changing the scheduled matches, you can mash them up with little consequence
---
You can't explain the problems I'm *NOT* having with the PS3, but I still exist and so does my lack of technical problems. Skyrim, New Vegas, DCUO, FO3.
#4MadcapunlimitedPosted 11/9/2012 2:40:17 PM
ImpartialDuck posted...
I just reset my Universe and put everyone on the 1 show. Any duplicates I kept their AE versions and got rid of modern version, first month was slow with no story's, however the second month 5 matches have a feud going in them.

I also have 3 minor shows so that everyone has a chance at a match and to climb up and down ladders and what have you. Way more cutscenes than I had running 3 major shows.

"Reset universe" is a nice feature
---
You can't explain the problems I'm *NOT* having with the PS3, but I still exist and so does my lack of technical problems. Skyrim, New Vegas, DCUO, FO3.
#5NarutoLord(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 2:52:37 PM
ImpartialDuck posted...

That's great for the cutscenes, but do you not have any qualms about having so few titles? If you have one major show, that's only one major and minor title, one tag title, and the diva title, right? I like the idea of multiple major and minor titles (WWE, World Champion, Intercontinental, European, US), though I could deal with having a single Tag and Diva championship.
---
i5 2500 ~ ASRock Pro3 Gen3 ~ 2 x 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X ~ EVGA GTX 560ti 448Core Classified Ultra 1280MB ~ Corsair 750W ~ Cooler Master HAF 922
#6ImpartialDuckPosted 11/9/2012 3:35:57 PM(edited)
To be honest the titles don't bother me that much, there's always going to be title matches at the PPV, I like the way the story lines develop.

Currently I have the 3 faces of Foley storyline going, I have what looks like is going to be a triple threat for the WWE championship at the PPV as Daniel Bryan and Shamus have been feuding, but the champ CM Punk has also been sticking his oar in.

The US title is held by Santino who has been feuding all month long with Ryder who just so happens to be the number 1 contender to the US title.

I've also go two minor feuds between The Big Boss Man and Jinder Mahal and Heath Slater feuding with Billy Gunn.

Admittedly these aren't my #1 picks for people to be involved in storylines but regardless, it's been interesting to see the way they interact and grow.

Before I reset I had the same story 3 months running, yet when I reset and stuck everyone on one show, storylines galore!

If you're going to reset your universe it's worth at least giving it a go, if you don't like, reset and try doing it another way :)

Edit: I actually got rid of the Divas title altogether so I have even less titles haha.

---
XBL: ImpartialDuck
#7garcia_jxPosted 11/9/2012 4:06:48 PM
NarutoLord posted...
ImpartialDuck posted...

That's great for the cutscenes, but do you not have any qualms about having so few titles? If you have one major show, that's only one major and minor title, one tag title, and the diva title, right? I like the idea of multiple major and minor titles (WWE, World Champion, Intercontinental, European, US), though I could deal with having a single Tag and Diva championship.

I think too many titles reduces the merits of the titles.