Chris Jericho vs. Road Dogg is THE most frustrating thing I've ever played

#1UltimateRyanSmiPosted 11/11/2012 3:54:59 PM
in a wrestling game.

Does anyone know any tricks for this match, or work arounds? It"s the "Off Script" match where you have to get 2 finishers within 5 minutes and hit the liontamer (boston crab) first. That parts easy but putting him through the table is so goddamn frustrating. It honestly makes me stop playing the game. I try that match like 5 or 6 times every day and can't beat it which honestly just turns me off to playing the game at all. Maybe I'm a sore loser but there you have it lol. I've come extremely close (like doing it as it says but having only one leg fall out under the table) but nothing ever works.

I know it can be done as I've heard of people doing it, which only frustrates me more. I literally CANNOT do this match for the life of me and it sucks because Attitude Jericho, Universe storyline pack 2 and one other unlockables stay locked until you complete this match.

Really, I'm sure I'll get the same response most people do, "keep trying," but I had to rant. I'm sure someone else already has, but man this match is frustrating.
#2NarutoLordPosted 11/11/2012 3:57:21 PM
This is how I did it. Set up the table outside of the ring, the bottom portion of the arena. Set the table up sideways so that the edge of the table (the short side) is up against the edge of the ring. Wait for Road Dogg to come out on his own. Immediately hit your finisher while you are facing the ring. Use the Direction option with the powerbomb to align it with the table. You'll have to do two motions; an upwards diagonal and then a straight left. This should put Road Dogg in position right over the center of the table.
---
i5 2500 ~ ASRock Pro3 Gen3 ~ 2 x 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X ~ EVGA GTX 560ti 448Core Classified Ultra 1280MB ~ Corsair 750W ~ Cooler Master HAF 922
#3kayoticdreamzPosted 11/11/2012 4:11:59 PM
LOL what this is easy? hit lion tamer. then do his powerbomb finisher.
#4IntrepidTykePosted 11/11/2012 4:22:31 PM
You obviously never played the story mode in Wrestlemania XIX on GameCube.
#5UltimateRyanSmi(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 4:46:38 PM
Thanks NarutoLord, probably would have helped if I knew I could turn mid-powerbomb. I'll try it out some more when I'm home from my meeting.

And I actually did have WM XIX, what are you referring to exactly? I don't remember - those old GC WWE games all mesh together in my mind lol.
#6ForthyPosted 11/11/2012 4:52:18 PM
NarutoLord posted...
This is how I did it. Set up the table outside of the ring, the bottom portion of the arena. Set the table up sideways so that the edge of the table (the short side) is up against the edge of the ring. Wait for Road Dogg to come out on his own. Immediately hit your finisher while you are facing the ring. Use the Direction option with the powerbomb to align it with the table. You'll have to do two motions; an upwards diagonal and then a straight left. This should put Road Dogg in position right over the center of the table.

The other thing that Helped me was knocking him down once he slid out of the ring, and dragging him to the table. Then hitting the powerbomb and yturning (if need be)
---
~The artist formerly known as Outkastfromsociety~
#7IntrepidTykePosted 11/11/2012 5:01:27 PM
UltimateRyanSmi posted...
And I actually did have WM XIX, what are you referring to exactly? I don't remember - those old GC WWE games all mesh together in my mind lol.

I enjoyed it, but it was all backstage brawls or on top of construction sites and generic wrestlers would come out and attack you endlessly. It would be like 1-on-3 all the time. In one instance, you had to climb up this super tall fence to retrieve a suitcase, but if someone shook the fence, you would fall.
#8Xeno14Posted 11/11/2012 5:04:23 PM
i avoided spam grappling like i did in other matches. the ai seemed to have its counter rate way higher on this match then any previous ones (about every 3 moves would result in a counter by the ai), so i would hit him with a move to knock him down, then do one of the quicker taunts to build meter. I could get a special by about 1 minute into the match. from there it was the pain of getting the 2nd finisher and table lined up.
---
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/Xeno14/X14/1245103916870.gif
#9MTincherPosted 11/11/2012 5:08:44 PM
What worked for me was going outside of the ring as soon as the match started and pulling out a table. Then I would beat Road Dogg until I performed the Liontamer and had a second finisher. Once I had the second finisher, I Irish whipped Road Dogg out of the ring, ran outside, grabbed the table, put it in the ring, and set it up in the corner. By the time I had sat the table up in a corner, Road Dogg was in the ring, so I quickly whipped him into the corner with the table, initiated a grapple, and did the corner table powerbomb finisher.
---
Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.
#10MNShlongalongaPosted 11/11/2012 5:44:17 PM
I wouldn't even try to place the table in ring as the goddamn referee will move it out of the way in mid move.