ITT: Discuss features THQ/Yukes removed without any sense or purpose

#1ambar_hitmanPosted 11/14/2012 10:45:57 PM
Let's try to make sense about what may be the possible reason for removing the following:

1. They removed the option to skip menu music by pressing L3 after 2011. I have no idea how it was beneficial to them in coding or licensing or anything. Also, it is not like that L3 button is being used for something else.

2. The tutorial arena was a right step in 2011. Come 12, they remove it. Again no idea why. There are many newbies on other forums who keep struggling about controls.

3. The Universe mode pre show graphics/animations/pyros. They removed them from 12. It makes some sense since it was causing annoyance to gamers. But they should have given option to turn it off instead of randomly removing it.

4. Then they removed the end copyright credit. This didn't make any sense at all. It will not benefit them in any case, and nor it was nuisance to anyone. It was not increasing load times, or decreasing FPS or anything. It looked cool.

5. Give JR complete commentary in Attitude Era, but keep only King and Cole in Universe. They should have at least made him do commentary if we select Raw is War arena. But no.

6. Moves. Why the heck do they keep removing moves in each game? Is it like they have a set number of moves, and if they exceed that number, the game engine fails? 2010->2011 transition saw around 100 moves removed. Some movesets like Hogan, Goldberg has not even been added yet. Hogan's entrance remains for some stupid reason. Just give us every move set, so that we can create CAW and use them if you cant give the wrestlers. That is the idea behind preset moves and entrances.

Please add more you guys think of.
---
AMD Phenom II 1055T | GIGABYTE 880M D2H | MSI Cyclone 6850 PE/OC 1 GB DDR5| Seagate Barracuda 1 TB | Corsair 8 GB 1666 Mhz | Corsair CX 500 V2| CM Elite 371
#2jpraelsterPosted 11/14/2012 10:49:30 PM
My name JACOB as a call name
#3garcia_jxPosted 11/14/2012 10:50:23 PM
That stuff doesn't bother me. It's of the least importance.
#4BfetishPosted 11/14/2012 11:11:20 PM
They removed the bra and crotch blur glitch. They tried to make up for it by giving letting us apply designs on underwear and trunk bottoms. Even still that glitch allowed CAW makers to create really good CAW's.

Moves being removed is another issue. But I can see a few reasons why they remove or rotate certain moves from being available in the game. These games are never tested so move balance is all over the place. So moves are glitched and others are just busted or don't even work. It took two years just to get Rey Mysterio's Mystrenco bronco corner move to work. And the past two games including this one the Hardy Boys tag team finisher move Extreme Combination doesn't work.
#5Sephiroth311Posted 11/14/2012 11:31:11 PM
Hard core time limit title, THE most entertaining match you can play. It was in KYR and SYM but was never seen again.

Fighting in the crowd, it wasn't great in JBI but at least it was a start, they didn't have to give up on it considering how often it happens on TV.

More than 6 people in the ring. Only JBI allowed us to have 8, in this gen it must be possible!

Reversing strikes into finishers such as trying to kick someone who turns it into an ankle lock as in HCTP.
---
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!
#6kayoticdreamzPosted 11/15/2012 12:44:07 AM
garcia_jx posted...
That stuff doesn't bother me. It's of the least importance.

moves are really of the least importance??? REALLY???

Sephiroth311 posted...
Hard core time limit title, THE most entertaining match you can play. It was in KYR and SYM but was never seen again.

Fighting in the crowd, it wasn't great in JBI but at least it was a start, they didn't have to give up on it considering how often it happens on TV.

More than 6 people in the ring. Only JBI allowed us to have 8, in this gen it must be possible!

Reversing strikes into finishers such as trying to kick someone who turns it into an ankle lock as in HCTP.

lets not forget that extra area in 2007 and 2008 or the endless backstage areas that used to exist. im still not sure i found every backstage area in smackdown 2.

yea i love how 8 men in the ring and crowd fighting has appeared only once randomly and that was it lol.
#7ambar_hitman(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2012 12:53:08 AM
Yeah, we haven't crossed 6 people yet in this gen. Hopefully next gen or a new dev will surpass that.
---
AMD Phenom II 1055T | GIGABYTE 880M D2H | MSI Cyclone 6850 PE/OC 1 GB DDR5| Seagate Barracuda 1 TB | Corsair 8 GB 1666 Mhz | Corsair CX 500 V2| CM Elite 371
#8thekosmicfool part 2Posted 11/15/2012 4:06:43 AM
One of the reasons thekosmicfool hasn't and might never buy the game is because they took out what made WWE 12 so great: running grapple spammers getting hilariously shut down with super easy counters.
---
gfaqs9...Never forget. Never forget.
#9AdrianGrimm7887Posted 11/15/2012 6:42:21 AM
The only thing you posted that actually matters, was the removal of moves from the 2011 edition. The reason THQ gave (animations didn't quite work with the direction the engine was going) is more than valid. A lot of those moves had been animated WITH a selling animation, explain to me, how would that seamlessly blend with the predator engine? It just wouldn't. Since then, they've been mocapping more moves to put back into the game. So you can't keep faulting them on that, THQ may make shoddy decisions, but you've listed none of importance.
#10BrownGottiPosted 11/15/2012 6:47:24 AM
1. 2 vs 2 vs 2 tag/ table / ladder / elimination
2. 3 vs 3 tornado tag/ table / ladder / elimination
3. 6 Man Battle Royal with Ring out ON
4. Hardcore Time limit