During what era did you start watching wrestling??

#1NJQuestCatPosted 11/20/2012 8:09:39 AM
I myself began watching wrestling on the regular and pretty religiously around Wrestlemenia 8. Before that i watched alot of those Coliiseum home videos which had great WWF matches from the past which went all the way back to Wrestlemania 1.

I loved wrestling fanatically from Wrestlemania 10 UP until 1 or two years after the WCW/ECW invasion. I was absolutely crazy about wCw and WWF during the monday night wars.

I slept outside arenas to get seats to raws, smackdowns, the 1st ever elimination chamber at survivor series and also Wrestlemania 20.

Today the product doesnt even compare. Theres a few wrestlers here and there who can kind of catch your eye (del rio, punk, ziggler, orton, cena) but they cant captivate you like the stars of the past could.

WWE is an unbelievable marketing machine for being able to keep the fans interested and invested in the abundance of wrestlers who have very little charisma.

As for this game...WWE 13 is solid and fun enough in gameplay and gives attitude era fanatics more than enough wrestlers to enjoy from the past to make this a game that fans of that era should not miss.

With the great downloadable caws and arenas creators its cool being able to recreate all the great WWF moments from yesteryear.

From the big time fans of todays era: what do you love about todays current product?? I would love to know actually.

I drop in every now and then to watch. I never miss the big pay per views (Wrestlemania, Survivor Series, SummerSlam, Royal Rumble). I often miss whats going on from week to week.
#2cwf1701Posted 11/20/2012 8:12:47 AM
i would say 1985, during the MTV era. my favorite era was the early nWo era.
#3NJQuestCat(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 8:15:04 AM
cwf1701 posted...

Yup just about as good as it gets. :)
#4GingaritoPosted 11/20/2012 8:17:46 AM
cwf1701 posted...

I started watching very young but the first match i can remember watching properly was shawn michaels vs sid vicious think i was about 11 then was hooked and lucky was obseesed with wwf during the attitude era so i seen most of it as it happened. didnt really see wcw a lot unfortunately as it wasnt as big in the uk but did try and watch it when i could. i have since gone back and watched most of the wcw main matches from 1996 and i have to say it looked great NWO especially early on was a brilliant idea.
---
There are good games there are bad games then there is haze. Never point out my spelling I dont care.
#5BlakToothGrynPosted 11/20/2012 8:20:01 AM
I know I started watching in the late 80's, but the first match I can remember watching was when Superstars was still on basic cable and it was Undertaker vs Skinner. That's more in the early 90's.
#6FrozenHELL78Posted 11/20/2012 8:25:18 AM
somewhere around 1995 to 1997. RAW became a weekly thing for me up until about a year ago or so when i just stopped watching. boring characters and storylines just killed it for me.
---
Gamertag - Mosaic78
#7G-ZissPosted 11/20/2012 8:35:02 AM
I don't remember exactly when, but it was sometime in the mid to late 80s. Probably around 1987-1988.

I remember watching it on Saturday and Sunday mornings and Prime Time Wrestling on Monday nights. I also used to rent all the videos from my local video stores.

Good times, good times!
#8TheFranchize08Posted 11/20/2012 8:47:11 AM
1997 I stumbled across WCW and then WWF a few months later.
---
Lakers:(16x NBA World Champions) | Chargers | Padres | L.A. Kings: (2012 Stanley Cup Champions)
#9mcmax3000Posted 11/20/2012 8:53:34 AM
Probably around 1990 or so. First event I remember seeing was Wrestlemania V, but it was on tape, and I think it was over a year later.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: Mcmax3000
#10NJQuestCat(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 9:00:20 AM
G-Ziss posted...
I don't remember exactly when, but it was sometime in the mid to late 80s. Probably around 1987-1988.

I remember watching it on Saturday and Sunday mornings and Prime Time Wrestling on Monday nights. I also used to rent all the videos from my local video stores.

Good times, good times!

I know digital media and hard drives are great but i think back to those times and i sometimes miss VHS. i actually have every attitude era raw and smackdown on vhs back home.

Lol i gotta transfer those onto dvd one day or a harddrive when they make a harddrive big enough.

There was a time when i had a hard time because i wanted to record both nitro and raw. I eventually got the setup down between different rooms. I was a dedicated 11 year old.