wish there was more catch finishers

#11WingedRegentPosted 11/29/2012 10:04:34 PM
You can't let down your guard Land a Catch Finisher (single player, Exhibition Mode only).
could someone tell me how they achieved this one?

Using any of the finishers that have "Catch Finisher" on their description (AA, RKO, GTS, Chokeslam, Tombstone, Sweet Chin Music, World's Strongest Slam, and Codebreaker), build up one finisher, and wait for your opponent to attempt a Diving Move. Hit the Finisher Button at the right time to catch the person in mid-air, similar to a reversal, and hit the finisher.
---
You're casual if you like anything. Real hardcore gamers hate everything.-CyhortI82
#12nopqPosted 11/29/2012 10:11:11 PM
i played a lot of me vs cpu matches and the cpu never goes to the top rope at least in every match i'v played how can u insure the cpu will do it?
#13WingedRegentPosted 11/29/2012 10:15:59 PM
i played a lot of me vs cpu matches and the cpu never goes to the top rope at least in every match i'v played how can u insure the cpu will do it?

Well, one thing you could do is put the CPU on the Top Rope yourself, and then do strikes the entire time. Keep doing this until the CPU counters your strike. From there, the CPU will go for a diving move, and that's your opportunity to do a Catch Finisher.

Another method would be to do a match against CM Punk, since the CPU likes to do his Springboard Clothesline from the ring apron when it gets a chance. I've had it happen a few times.
---
You're casual if you like anything. Real hardcore gamers hate everything.-CyhortI82
#14MasterFoxCheif3Posted 11/29/2012 10:16:44 PM
Put the difficulty on Hard. Store up a finisher. Place the computer on top of the turnbuckle. Punch him until he reverses. If he falls just do it again. Wait. Bash Y. Catch Finisher. You win. Hooray.
#15thekosmicfool part 2Posted 11/29/2012 10:26:48 PM
If they added a generic attack, or a few generic attacks, that could be linked right into a finisher, most standing moves could work as catch finishers.

Guy flies off the top rope, you use your finisher, and you nail him with a vicious gut kick/gut punch as he comes down, and then it goes right into your finisher. Powerbomb, DDT, virtually anything.

The moves that already have a gut kick(stunner, pedigree, etc) would look even more awesome.
---
gfaqs9...Never forget. Never forget.
#16FrozenWONPosted 11/30/2012 12:22:14 AM
nopq posted...

You can play against someone like Mysterio or Kofi and use Orton. When you get a finisher, throw them to the apron. Once they get out of their groggy state, they'll most likely try a springboard attack, and you'll just have to mash Y before they jump.
---
"Quoting yourself is stupid."-Me
Xbl Tag- Frozen Too
#17thekosmicfool part 2Posted 11/30/2012 8:56:51 AM
FrozenWON posted...
nopq posted...

You can play against someone like Mysterio or Kofi and use Orton. When you get a finisher, throw them to the apron. Once they get out of their groggy state, they'll most likely try a springboard attack, and you'll just have to mash Y before they jump.

Or let Rey do his finisher(either one) and catch him that way.
---
gfaqs9...Never forget. Never forget.
#18MadcapunlimitedPosted 11/30/2012 9:28:14 AM
I'm just glad we have "F5-2" instead of just the one Brock has ("F5-4"). #2 looks way more powerful and brutal than #4.
---
You can't explain the problems I'm *NOT* having with the PS3, but I still exist and so does my lack of technical problems. Skyrim, New Vegas, DCUO, FO3.
#19FrozenWONPosted 11/30/2012 7:05:09 PM
thekosmicfool part 2 posted...
FrozenWON posted...
nopq posted...

Or let Rey do his finisher(either one) and catch him that way.

I don't have enough patience to let Rey get a finisher lol.
---
"Quoting yourself is stupid."-Me
Xbl Tag- Frozen Too
#20TheJahManComethPosted 11/30/2012 7:16:20 PM
I'm just glad we have "F5-2" instead of just the one Brock has ("F5-4"). #2 looks way more powerful and brutal than #4.

F5 2 is also pretty unrealistic lol
---
"Why did you not use a question mark?" -Xeron2468
"Why did your dad not use a condom?" -pegusus123456