Suicide...

#31shinstochinsPosted 11/30/2012 3:43:32 PM
BobReill posted...
It all starts with lack of responsibility and the parents making excuses for their kids. Parents instill in their kids at a young age that if they do something wrong, just complain and point the finger like it was someone else's fault. When I was growing up, if I got in trouble in school, that meant worse trouble for me at home. Now a days, if a kid gets in trouble in school, it means the teacher is now in trouble for correcting the kid. There is no more accountability. Parents are more concerned with being their kids friends instead of their parents. No parent wants to hear their kids say "I HATE YOU!!!" I've said it a million times growing up. I now look back and see what a great job they did, I didn't hate them, I hated their rules. No one likes to follow rules, but you have to if you want to be a productive member of society.

exactly, a teen gets pregnant and it's not the girls fault its god's, the internet, horror movies, rap music, glee, semen, the moon, teachers, principal, neighbor's boss.
---
Im aldrig aka nagonstans
#32GingaritoPosted 11/30/2012 3:48:11 PM
DamniTtBobby posted...
It could be all of this... It also could be that the word "suicide" isn't allowed because it's the name of a TNA character too. Surprised no one thought of this. First thought that popped into my mind.

Hahaha this post actually made me laugh seen as though pretty much EVERY other TNA superstar is on there with there name on fine. Thanks for the laugh :)
---
There are good games there are bad games then there is haze. Currently playing - Halo 4 , Resident evil 6 (ps3) , WWE 13 , Assasins Creed Liberation (ps vita)
#33kayoticdreamzPosted 11/30/2012 3:49:26 PM
shinstochins posted...
thekosmicfool part 2 posted...
You guys are completely missing the point. It's not that kids should never hear the word "suicide" and grow up believing in unicorns.

It's the fact that the online mode of any video game is a cesspool of horrors; the dregs of internet society. Abusive, racist, sexist scum is the norm. So they have to be cautious with exactly what they allow to be said. It's stupid, but completely understandable in the world that we live in.

But by the way, "I turned out okay!" is a downright laughable excuse for proof of your point.

So if the internet is a cesspool of horrors; the dregs of internet society. Abusive, racist, sexist scum is the norm why are these parents letting there young children play on it unsupervised instead of blaming everything else for there problems?

because God forbid parents ya know parent their own damn children like every other mammal species on Gods green earth.thats really one of the first worlds biggest problems human parents have largely stopped doing what their DNA has programmed them to do and that is raise their own children. its really hard to expect life to not blow up in our faces when we ignore our own DNA. its even harder to expect these children to grow up as functioning adults when DNA mandates their parents raise them but their parents fail to even give a **** and in cases of dead parents their legal guardian failing to give a ****

shinstochins posted...
BobReill posted...
It all starts with lack of responsibility and the parents making excuses for their kids. Parents instill in their kids at a young age that if they do something wrong, just complain and point the finger like it was someone else's fault. When I was growing up, if I got in trouble in school, that meant worse trouble for me at home. Now a days, if a kid gets in trouble in school, it means the teacher is now in trouble for correcting the kid. There is no more accountability. Parents are more concerned with being their kids friends instead of their parents. No parent wants to hear their kids say "I HATE YOU!!!" I've said it a million times growing up. I now look back and see what a great job they did, I didn't hate them, I hated their rules. No one likes to follow rules, but you have to if you want to be a productive member of society.

exactly, a teen gets pregnant and it's not the girls fault its god's, the internet, horror movies, rap music, glee, semen, the moon, teachers, principal, neighbor's boss.

yea this. except we do it with EVERYTHING. America was founded on freedom which brings personal responsibility the sad part is there are so few that actually understand the constitution and by extension the concept of personal responsibility
#34GingaritoPosted 11/30/2012 3:50:28 PM
shinstochins posted...
BobReill posted...

Well the neighbours boss's semen could certainly be to blame
---
There are good games there are bad games then there is haze. Currently playing - Halo 4 , Resident evil 6 (ps3) , WWE 13 , Assasins Creed Liberation (ps vita)
#35TheJahManComethPosted 11/30/2012 7:50:18 PM
I'm twenty, so I'm not a part of any older generation. I entered school at the third grade. For three years, I was bullied every damn day because I was fat and socially awkward.

I didn't kill myself. Nor did I take a gun to school and go on a murderous rampage. Kids today are ******* and it's our fault. People like TheKosmicFool are only making it worse for kids by telling them life is sunshine is rainbows. I mean, we literally have them play a version of baseball where there are no runs or outs. What the ****? Life has outs, kid. You are going to be out. Sheltering them is only going to make life seem like **** as they get older.

You are damaging the children, not people like me. Which brings us back to the point of this topic. Censoring the word Suicide is ******* moronic.

lol 3 years? man I was bullied longer than you were (elementary school to 7th grade, plus i have aspergers which didn't help). and honestly I don't see how Kosmicfool saying life is sunshine is a bad thing. it's a good motivator when you know there's gonna be a lot of stress and worry up ahead. yeah you're right that kids need to "exit the shelter" at one point but that entirely depends on how old they are
---
#36kayoticdreamzPosted 11/30/2012 8:38:38 PM
TheJahManCometh posted...
I'm twenty, so I'm not a part of any older generation. I entered school at the third grade. For three years, I was bullied every damn day because I was fat and socially awkward.

I didn't kill myself. Nor did I take a gun to school and go on a murderous rampage. Kids today are ******* and it's our fault. People like TheKosmicFool are only making it worse for kids by telling them life is sunshine is rainbows. I mean, we literally have them play a version of baseball where there are no runs or outs. What the ****? Life has outs, kid. You are going to be out. Sheltering them is only going to make life seem like **** as they get older.

You are damaging the children, not people like me. Which brings us back to the point of this topic. Censoring the word Suicide is ******* moronic.

lol 3 years? man I was bullied longer than you were (elementary school to 7th grade, plus i have aspergers which didn't help). and honestly I don't see how Kosmicfool saying life is sunshine is a bad thing. it's a good motivator when you know there's gonna be a lot of stress and worry up ahead. yeah you're right that kids need to "exit the shelter" at one point but that entirely depends on how old they are

while it sucks you were bullied telling kids life is all sunshine and roses is doing them a disservice because one day they will find out the ugly truth, find out you lied to them and be pissed off. you will lose their trust. it is an earth shattering reality to find out youve been fed a line of BS your entire life and even more earth shattering when well **** i still have to go to work or these bills wont pay themselves when your entire soul has just been crushed.

while a 2 year old probably doesnt need to hear it they damn sure need to hear it before they are a teenager because the simple reality of the world is that when you are down it will kick you.

i would of loved it if someone told me life can royally suck instead of high school and college are awesome and its only going to get better.....reality check. school sucks. life doesnt automatically get better(gotta work at that) and with little to no effort you can free fall into a cliff of homelessness and being depressed isnt a good excuse to miss work. but hey maybe im just a bitter cynic that would of preferred somebody actually be honest with me as a child instead of feeding me some lines of BS about life will get better trust me. never mind if you grow up religious the amount of BS one must sort through to remain religious is a whole other level of madness. but hey thats just life.

the funny thing is kids are a lot smarter than we give them credit for they can handle a lot more than we think. they are kids that is there purpose to learn to become adults so warning them of future pitfalls in adulthood falls well within their scope of capacity to learn.
#37ACE-T-OPosted 11/30/2012 10:21:14 PM
WAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

You know what, I got beat up and bullied every day for years, I didn't cry about it. I didn't off myself. I started lifting weights and boxing. It made me better. People now a days are just pathetic
#38TheJahManComethPosted 12/7/2012 7:22:30 PM
while it sucks you were bullied telling kids life is all sunshine and roses is doing them a disservice because one day they will find out the ugly truth, find out you lied to them and be pissed off. you will lose their trust. it is an earth shattering reality to find out youve been fed a line of BS your entire life and even more earth shattering when well **** i still have to go to work or these bills wont pay themselves when your entire soul has just been crushed.

that's why you tell them that said ugly truth when they're old enough to face it. a.k.a. teenager. it's not too late and no kid is going to be able to face that when they haven't or just barely hit the double digits

i would of loved it if someone told me life can royally suck instead of high school and college are awesome and its only going to get better.....reality check. school sucks. life doesnt automatically get better(gotta work at that) and with little to no effort you can free fall into a cliff of homelessness and being depressed isnt a good excuse to miss work. but hey maybe im just a bitter cynic that would of preferred somebody actually be honest with me as a child instead of feeding me some lines of BS about life will get better trust me. never mind if you grow up religious the amount of BS one must sort through to remain religious is a whole other level of madness. but hey thats just life.

eh. tbh I can't really comment too much on this being that i'm only just graduating high school next year. but i can definitely see what you're coming from. already stressed about enough s*** as is because i'm actually not that good at work management (part of me wants to blame it on having aspergers, the other part of me wants to just look past that and find as many possible ways to improve). not to mention if you probably asked me about 3-4 years ago if i was excited for college i'd probably say hell yes. truth is i'm worried as s*** about it for a large amount of reasons

WAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

You know what, I got beat up and bullied every day for years, I didn't cry about it. I didn't off myself. I started lifting weights and boxing. It made me better. People now a days are just pathetic

hey guess what

nobody cares
---
Consoles are already irrelevant. Just cause the next console hasnt been released doesn't mean the console isnt irrelevant-ChromaticAngel (AND HE'S SERIOUS LOL)
#39Amidamaru_Posted 12/8/2012 4:42:31 AM
shinstochins posted...
Previous generations: gets tormented day after day and beaten and thrown into dumpsters on a daily basis but it makes them a stronger person

Except for the kids who didn't end up stronger because of it.
---
Signature?
#40WeaponX1138Posted 12/8/2012 6:14:40 AM
thekosmicfool part 2 posted...
Yeah, in this world we live in, where kids have literally been bullied into killing themselves, how dare they not trust the usually polite and not at all abusive online video game community to be responsible and kind?

This is a nonsense post.
---
It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.
GT: SilentMark1138