Grapple Button Mash

#1superw00shPosted 11/30/2012 7:42:41 AM
I always considered myself to be a really fast button masher, but it seems every time there's a contested grapple in online play I almost always lose. It's become very frustrating and I've physically hurt my arm at times and I still can't out-tap these people.

Turbo controllers are supposed to be banned, but are they not? Maybe there's a trick to it? Maybe it accepts more than just mashing A?
#2MTincherPosted 11/30/2012 8:10:52 AM
I also lose most of these contests.
---
Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.
#3MadcapunlimitedPosted 11/30/2012 8:36:11 AM
The character in question might be a factor- I have noticed it is much easier to win those w/larger guys vs/smaller guys.
---
You can't explain the problems I'm *NOT* having with the PS3, but I still exist and so does my lack of technical problems. Skyrim, New Vegas, DCUO, FO3.
#4kosherPosted 11/30/2012 8:42:52 AM
or maybe your just not as good as you thought
#5superw00sh(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 8:51:16 AM
kosher posted...

I'm frustrated. I don't understand how I can tap the button any faster than I already am. I made my arm sore trying to.
#6MadcapunlimitedPosted 11/30/2012 9:42:34 AM
superw00sh posted...
kosher posted...

I'm frustrated. I don't understand how I can tap the button any faster than I already am. I made my arm sore trying to.

Shift the controller so you use tip of your index finger instead of the inside of your thumb.
---
You can't explain the problems I'm *NOT* having with the PS3, but I still exist and so does my lack of technical problems. Skyrim, New Vegas, DCUO, FO3.
#7thekosmicfool part 2Posted 11/30/2012 9:45:46 AM
Madcapunlimited posted...
superw00sh posted...
kosher posted...

Shift the controller so you use tip of your index finger instead of the inside of your thumb.

This.
---
gfaqs9...Never forget. Never forget.
#8MikeyMcWonglettPosted 11/30/2012 9:48:46 AM
superw00sh posted...
kosher posted...

Now wait a dang minute here... What made your arm sore? Sinnneerrr!!
---
I give up on humanity.
#9superw00sh(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 1:12:46 PM
Madcapunlimited posted...
superw00sh posted...
kosher posted...

But I already do this.
#10Uchiha__MadaraPosted 11/30/2012 2:06:47 PM
all i'm getting is ITT: i can't tap as good as other people, why are they cheating.
---
You think you've Got problems?
http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m529/ShiningKimbo/Kimbo/c7d724d1.jpg