Please go out of business THQ

#21kayoticdreamzPosted 12/3/2012 7:15:48 PM
Slayer_22 posted...
MikeH7186 posted...
Slayer_22 posted...
MikeH7186 posted...
I do not feel bad for the employees with families to feed.

Wow.

Companies go bankrupt. families go poor. Lives are ruined, people struggle. This is life. If you can't accept that, you have a lot to learn. This company has been going under for years, I feel no remorse for them. Had they done their jobs, and turned out quality products this would not be an issue. You can't expect to lie to your consumer base year after year and remain in business.

I can accept that, Everyone can. But to wish it upon someone is pretty ****ed up no matter how much you want or don't want something. There's a HUGE difference between accepting that lives are ruined, and wishing that lives are ruined. You're on the wishing side,.

so you prefer the people that make muskets stay in business rather than they be replaced by the machine gun makers is basically what you are saying

congrats you fail at business 101 and logic 101 and capitalism 101
#22Slayer_22Posted 12/3/2012 7:18:03 PM
kayoticdreamz posted...
Slayer_22 posted...
MikeH7186 posted...
Slayer_22 posted...
MikeH7186 posted...

Wow.

Companies go bankrupt. families go poor. Lives are ruined, people struggle. This is life. If you can't accept that, you have a lot to learn. This company has been going under for years, I feel no remorse for them. Had they done their jobs, and turned out quality products this would not be an issue. You can't expect to lie to your consumer base year after year and remain in business.

I can accept that, Everyone can. But to wish it upon someone is pretty ****ed up no matter how much you want or don't want something. There's a HUGE difference between accepting that lives are ruined, and wishing that lives are ruined. You're on the wishing side,.

so you prefer the people that make muskets stay in business rather than they be replaced by the machine gun makers is basically what you are saying

You're so cool. I said I can accept it just fine. I don't wish for ANYONE to lose their jobs, though.
---
You should check out Imagine Dragons http://youtu.be/wO0ohGn-x3E
<o> YES! \o/ <o> YES! \o/ <o> YES! \o/
#23paullondon1985Posted 12/3/2012 7:18:29 PM
kayoticdreamz posted...
Slayer_22 posted...
MikeH7186 posted...
Slayer_22 posted...
MikeH7186 posted...

Wow.

How did you get that from what he said? It was just the fact of differentiating between wishing poverty on people and accepting it happens.
---
Not changing this sig till Daniel Puder comes back. (started 04/07/05)
#24zenandiPosted 12/3/2012 7:21:15 PM
I don't know about wishing it upon somebody, but if the company you work for makes obsolete or really c***** stuff, then yes, fully expect to lose your job sometime soon.

To be sure, the rank and file probably deserved to be re-employed under new leadership etc... but the leaders need to be future endeavored for sure for having bad vision...

Not that that's necessarily true with this game though... Is it really that bad? o_0
#25MikeH7186(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 7:23:05 PM
It's very simple, as I've stated numerous times. When a company fails to meet standards, it deserves to go out of business. Lives are ruined, families suffer. This is a daily occurrence that perhaps I am desensitized to, but it is a part of business and life. You seem to think that I hope for their families to suffer, be malnourished, homeless, etc. No, that is not the case. However I do not feel bad for the inevitable heartache and suffering they are bound to incur as a result of poor business. Anyone working for THQ should be aware for quite some time now that their job is in trouble at best. It's not like their failure is a sudden realization. It's been ongoing for years. It was expected. And it will happen.
#26MikeH7186(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 7:27:31 PM
I forgot to address the new user part. This account while "new" is not owned and maintained by a new user. I've been active on this website over 12 years, I simply grew up and changed my name to something more suitable.
#27MikeH7186(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 7:29:05 PM
As I'm unable to edit posts, I forgot to add that if you truly believe this is a troll account, check my post history. I post valid opinions and complaints. I do take offense to being called a troll simply because of the age of my account, but calling people trolls is now about as commonplace as the phrase "lol" on the internet.
#28paullondon1985Posted 12/3/2012 7:31:00 PM
MikeH7186 posted...
It's very simple, as I've stated numerous times. When a company fails to meet standards, it deserves to go out of business. Lives are ruined, families suffer. This is a daily occurrence that perhaps I am desensitized to, but it is a part of business and life. You seem to think that I hope for their families to suffer, be malnourished, homeless, etc. No, that is not the case. However I do not feel bad for the inevitable heartache and suffering they are bound to incur as a result of poor business. Anyone working for THQ should be aware for quite some time now that their job is in trouble at best. It's not like their failure is a sudden realization. It's been ongoing for years. It was expected. And it will happen.

I do like the way that yet again you have side stepped questions that you were asked. This is not personal to you but after studying Psychology for some time your opinion and lack of compassion shows some Sociopathic tendencies. I am not saying that you are a bad person but for you to have such a jaded view of the world is upsetting to me and could be construed as offensive. I notice that you picked up another poster for breaking the terms of the forum while it could quite easily be proven that you also have.
I hope my argument has been articulate enough for you and hope you enjoy debating the subject further for the enjoyment of the other member of this forum.
---
#29BabaBzaaPosted 12/3/2012 7:31:36 PM
MikeH7186 posted...
asdam_teabag posted...
So you genuinly wish thousands of people lose their job who didn't have anything to do with this game, just so another company can make a different version of it?

Yes I do. THQ and Yukes alike have both been in a decline, and when a company begins to fail it's simply a matter of fixing the issues, or going out of business. In this case, it's latter. I do not feel bad for any jobs lost or lives ruined. Had they done their jobs, this would not be an issue for debate.

As I posted in my topic, my Universe has been going quite swimmingly. Whether yours is doing bad or good is irrelevant. WWE '13's sales have been going excellent(I work in retail and that along with NBA 2K13 went much faster than any of the other games), and I doubt they are going to stop making games or lay off a thousand workers just because MikeH7186 didn't like his copy. Besides, if you don't have the patience to wait a few months to see if Yukes patches this game any, I sincerely doubt you can wait 3 or even 4 years for another developer to completely make a game engine from scratch with a CAW and moveset as in-depth as the one THQ has built. We're talking about a system that's been built for over 10 years that's being thrown out here. But let's take your view in consideration and resonate on another company handling WWE games, starting with the ones you proposed.

EA - Talk about the pot in comparison to the kettle. Not to mention EA's had it's hand in this thing before. Remember WCW Mayhem and WCW Backstage Assault? Then they had an EXCELLENT series with the Def Jam games when they had AKI at the helm, but completely threw that out the window with Def Jam Icon!

2K Sports, probably would be the best looking wrestling game ever and the matches would be spot on, but I guarantee the storylines outside story mode would be practically non-existant and they wouldn't have the CAW feature nearly as down.

Capcom - this one is chuckle worthy. The only remotely good thing coming from this one is WWE X Street Fighter but you'd be spending 400 MSP per CAW and 800 MSP a piece per attire set.

Namco - You really want a wrestling game where you can hit your opponent ten times in the kneecap in mid-air out of a springboard and set them to red leg damage?

Tecmo - You really want a WWE game where the divas fight better than the superstars and their breasts float all across their chest?(actually the latter wouldn't be so bad) And there would be skimpy outfits every other day for 400 MSP a pop?

Activision - ...and you think this game's online community is bad now...

Bandai - They couldn't even get the Create-A-______ right with Ultimate Tenkaichi, and we weren't even asking for 2% of what WWE games have in theirs...

Rocksteady Games - and you think the reversal system is screwed now, try countering EVERYTHING with Y...

This may not be the end-all-be-all to wrestling games, but I guarantee THQ is the best shot that we've got for years and years to come. And despite what you'd like to believe they've done pretty good. Could they do better? Yes. Have they've mislead and not produced on occasion? Yes, most definitely. But I would not set this game as an example of that. The last two WWE games have been excellent in comparison to '08 where you had to go through the most unnecessary crap just to build stats to create one guy. These guys are putting out a game every year. This is not like Zelda or games where these companies work on a single game for 3/4 years. And if THQ did go under, what wrestling game will you be playing in the meantime? Probably the one you should have been playing instead of voicing your disregard of a thousand THQ employees on this board.
---
Super Saiyan Cyber Ninja Pikachu Holding a Death Note.
#30paullondon1985Posted 12/3/2012 7:36:20 PM
Y would fit me better that RT.
---