Please go out of business THQ

#31MikeH7186(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 7:39:09 PM
BabaBzaa posted...
This may not be the end-all-be-all to wrestling games, but I guarantee THQ is the best shot that we've got for years and years to come.

How is your opinion a guarantee? No other company has had the chance to even produce a WWE title in the last how many years? 10? 15?

BabaBzaa posted...
As I posted in my topic, my Universe has been going quite swimmingly.

Answer me this. How many PPV's have you played. And how many cut scene's have you witnessed during a PPV? For me, I've played 6 or 7, not counting when I reset Universe so it's closer to like 10 or 11 PPV's. Not one time has there been a single cut scene on any PPV. Nothing. No random attacks before/after a match. No random celebrations with the victor. No handshake attempts, nothing. A PPV is the culmination of a feud, where the big pay off is to occur. So why are they glorified event cards? I get more events on an episode of Superstars than I do at Wrestlemania.

Or what about those cut scenes with multiple choice options? Like throwing the chair at Vince, spearing someone off the ramp, choosing to turn on or celebrate with your tag partner? I've never even seen one of those.

Yes I get cut scenes and yes I get run ins. But the amount of content we were promised, the quality of Universe we were promised, it's basically a different game from what we were told to expect. Sales are up because of the Attitude Era gimmick. It was a last ditch effort by a company going out of business to get some extra sales out of possibly, the last title in the series.
#32BabaBzaaPosted 12/3/2012 7:49:49 PM
paullondon1985 posted...
Y would fit me better that RT.

Well actually yeah, but imagine if everyone you faced glowed red and if you pressed Yanywhere in that 2-3 second time frame you could counter it... ...well it's not THAT much different but still...
---
Super Saiyan Cyber Ninja Pikachu Holding a Death Note.
#33manta53Posted 12/3/2012 8:04:14 PM
MikeH7186 posted...
You've had your chance for years. You have not delivered. I do not feel bad for the employees with families to feed. I will not be upset waiting two years for a new title from a new company. After spending 60 dollars a year every year since the title's inception, I have no remorse for the failures that deserve to lose the rights to this brand.

It's the madden of wrestling games. A roster update each year and we're expected to tolerate it. This years major failure to me was Universe, and given that's the only mode with any longevity, it was the biggest failure they could have made.

I hope your company goes out of business. I hope someone worth a damn purchases the rights. You had your opportunity THQ, and you failed, numerous times.

I know this isn't the official place to say it, but when I think about this game and the potential it had, only to see the piece of c*** that was actually created, it's quite frustrating.

Please shut up TC, thats your opinion, most peoples are different, get over it, dont buy the game next year
---
I'm sorry Wendy but I just don't trust anything that bleeds for 5 days and doesn't die.
#34BabaBzaaPosted 12/3/2012 8:09:48 PM
MikeH7186 posted...
BabaBzaa posted...
This may not be the end-all-be-all to wrestling games, but I guarantee THQ is the best shot that we've got for years and years to come.

How is your opinion a guarantee? No other company has had the chance to even produce a WWE title in the last how many years? 10? 15?

BabaBzaa posted...
As I posted in my topic, my Universe has been going quite swimmingly.

Answer me this. How many PPV's have you played. And how many cut scene's have you witnessed during a PPV? For me, I've played 6 or 7, not counting when I reset Universe so it's closer to like 10 or 11 PPV's. Not one time has there been a single cut scene on any PPV. Nothing. No random attacks before/after a match. No random celebrations with the victor. No handshake attempts, nothing. A PPV is the culmination of a feud, where the big pay off is to occur. So why are they glorified event cards? I get more events on an episode of Superstars than I do at Wrestlemania.

Or what about those cut scenes with multiple choice options? Like throwing the chair at Vince, spearing someone off the ramp, choosing to turn on or celebrate with your tag partner? I've never even seen one of those.

Yes I get cut scenes and yes I get run ins. But the amount of content we were promised, the quality of Universe we were promised, it's basically a different game from what we were told to expect. Sales are up because of the Attitude Era gimmick. It was a last ditch effort by a company going out of business to get some extra sales out of possibly, the last title in the series.

Honestly this may be unpopular but I actually prefer not having cutscenes during a PPV or either have it very limited. You're right in that the PPV match is the culmination of a feud with the big payoff. It's where the guys involved in the feud finally decide ultimately who is the better man, where finally you don't have a match ending in a no-contest due to shenanigans or someone bringing someone in their place to fight. Most cutscenes serve to continue a feud, and that's pretty much what having cutscenes in PPVs would do for the most part. You're talking about a main event for Wrestlemania ending in 2 minutes because Stone Cold attacked Taker from behind in a cutscene that gave him damage to Taker and his signature.

Now it would be nice if they had cutscenes for a final conclusion, but the standard ones we get that make matches end quickly or quicker we can do without. Especially with the way matches play out in this year's game with the OMG moments, the outside interference intelligence, and the aesthetics, they're really not necessary. I get great title matches going on my Universe that don't need a cutscene to be awesome. And in regular shows, I get plenty. Even more than Smackdown 2 KYR, which has been my standard for what Universe should be close to since it was first implemented. I even got one of the cutscenes where you choose whether to attack, to shake hands, or to walk away the other day. Even greater is that this was after an AI vs. AI match, meaning you don't have to participate in the matches to get those.

Cutscenes are a bit rare. Excellent. One of my favorite things about Smackdown 2 was the fact that cutscenes were so cryptic you could have seen a cutscene very few people would ever see in their game. It was wild to see the FAQ that had all the cutscenes I didn't see that were in there. I like reading about cutscenes I haven't got and posting cutscenes no one or few others received. To make them frequent would water that down, to where after a couple of in-game years you've seen all you need to see. It's nice to know that any given day I can see something new.
---
Super Saiyan Cyber Ninja Pikachu Holding a Death Note.
#35MikeH7186(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 8:10:03 PM
manta53 posted...
Please shut up TC, thats your opinion, most peoples are different, get over it, dont buy the game next year

Though I do appreciate you saying please, I'm going to have to decline your offer. I am just as entitled to proclaim my opinions as you are. I never said I hated the game, simply that it was a let down, over hyped, and did not live up to expectations presented by the company. This isn't the first time we've been promised one thing, and handed another. There is a history of complaints against said company, and it is my opinion they have reached a point where we can no longer overlook them, and a regime change is in order.
#36Minion3Posted 12/3/2012 8:23:49 PM
Here we go..
---
Beings that are born of dreams must return to them...
The power of Lavos can make hopes and dreams come true.
#37Double_Arm_DDTPosted 12/3/2012 8:24:40 PM
TC got owned pretty hard.
#38Dart_Feld7Posted 12/3/2012 8:27:33 PM
Surprised that people took this seriously when in the OP he says that he's bought every game of the series new despite being disgusted by its decline.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23GElX7BbXk
Want a mindf***? Watch Dark Floors.
#39MikeGnzPosted 12/3/2012 8:36:11 PM
Surprised that people took this seriously when in the OP he says that he's bought every game of the series new despite being disgusted by its decline.

My point stands still.
---
http://i27.tinypic.com/10sb3og.png | http://i.imgur.com/rnOYo.png
#40MikeH7186(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 8:38:21 PM
Dart_Feld7 posted...

You realize that just because someone has an opinion that differs from yours, they aren't trolling? No, that would make far too much sense. You can purchase a series and be unsatisfied with it. You can be a loyal customer and still hate the brand. But when you are only presented with one option, you either don't play it at all, or you suffer. I am tired of suffering. Would I purchase another title made by THQ? Unfortunately yes, I would. Would I do so knowing it won't live up to expectations? Yes, I would. Because THQ/Yukes, whoever you want to blame, has a monopoly on the franchise.

Had their been a secondary option, rest assured I would have left this franchise years ago. But continue to call me a troll despite my proper grammar, tone, and demeanor. I have done nothing to provoke such accusations other than have an opinion you disagree with.