Please go out of business THQ

#41MikeH7186(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 7:46:35 PM
I sometimes forget the age bracket they market this product to. To ask people of such a young age to use logic is my own fault. Label me a troll for having an opinion different than yours. Label this a troll post despite being filled with reason and common sense. I truly fear the future of our society when the children of today are so vastly uneducated.

See that's trolling. Had I wanted to troll, I would have written more like this. Instead all I did was present facts and evidence as to why this company deserves to go out of business. If you disagree by all means, present your case. But mindlessly labeling me a troll only goes to show the lack of intelligence in your argument.

The fact remains with each release, the product has become worse. More flaws, more errors, more issues. A common phrase is one step forward, two steps back. In this case, it's more like 5 or 6 steps back. You cannot have innovation without some form of stagnation, at least with the currently developer.
#42BabaBzaaPosted 12/3/2012 7:49:22 PM
MikeH7186 posted...
Dart_Feld7 posted...
Surprised that people took this seriously when in the OP he says that he's bought every game of the series new despite being disgusted by its decline.

You realize that just because someone has an opinion that differs from yours, they aren't trolling? No, that would make far too much sense. You can purchase a series and be unsatisfied with it. You can be a loyal customer and still hate the brand. But when you are only presented with one option, you either don't play it at all, or you suffer. I am tired of suffering. Would I purchase another title made by THQ? Unfortunately yes, I would. Would I do so knowing it won't live up to expectations? Yes, I would. Because THQ/Yukes, whoever you want to blame, has a monopoly on the franchise.

Had their been a secondary option, rest assured I would have left this franchise years ago. But continue to call me a troll despite my proper grammar, tone, and demeanor. I have done nothing to provoke such accusations other than have an opinion you disagree with.

There's been plenty of secondary options. Fire Pro Returns(still a go-to from time to time), that new Fire Pro Avatar game that just came out, that AAA luchadore title that came out a few years back.

Or did you mean strictly WWE games? In that case, yeah, but they are the chosen publisher for WWE. If you have a problem, you'd be much better served trying to get WWE to choose other alternate publishers.
---
Super Saiyan Cyber Ninja Pikachu Holding a Death Note.
#43paullondon1985Posted 12/3/2012 7:50:45 PM
MikeH7186 posted...
Dart_Feld7 posted...
Surprised that people took this seriously when in the OP he says that he's bought every game of the series new despite being disgusted by its decline.

You realize that just because someone has an opinion that differs from yours, they aren't trolling? No, that would make far too much sense. You can purchase a series and be unsatisfied with it. You can be a loyal customer and still hate the brand. But when you are only presented with one option, you either don't play it at all, or you suffer. I am tired of suffering. Would I purchase another title made by THQ? Unfortunately yes, I would. Would I do so knowing it won't live up to expectations? Yes, I would. Because THQ/Yukes, whoever you want to blame, has a monopoly on the franchise.

Had their been a secondary option, rest assured I would have left this franchise years ago. But continue to call me a troll despite my proper grammar, tone, and demeanor. I have done nothing to provoke such accusations other than have an opinion you disagree with.

At the risk of you ignoring me again (which in its self proves that your demeanor is brought in to question even if just for your rudeness) you seem not to understand what a monopoly is. What THQ/Yukes have is a contract not a unfair control of a certain subject matter.
---
Not changing this sig till Daniel Puder comes back. (started 04/07/05)
#44KHWyvernPosted 12/3/2012 7:52:49 PM
While I don't want them to go out of business and have people lose their jobs, I would like for them to get their **** together.
---
You come out here with your bright ass purple shirt, your green shirt, before that your orange shirt, You look like A BIG FAT BOWL OF FRUITY PEBBLES!- The Rock
#45MikeH7186(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 7:54:36 PM
I was referring to WWE games only, yes. Had there been a secondary option featuring the WWE, I would have gladly bought it and tried it. Unfortunately we are at the mercy of a monopoly. And as Madden has shown, when a company has all rights to a product, they can put out as much innovation as they want, or keep it as stagnant as they please. When you control the monopoly, you control the consumer. The choice is either play their game, or don't use the people you cheer for. Or pick something like Fire Pro and make CAWs of everyone (which I don't prefer).
#46MikeH7186(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 7:59:27 PM
paullondon1985 posted...
At the risk of you ignoring me again (which in its self proves that your demeanor is brought in to question even if just for your rudeness) you seem not to understand what a monopoly is. What THQ/Yukes have is a contract not a unfair control of a certain subject matter.

I believe you are the one who does not understand. THQ/Yukes has the rights to make all WWE games. They have the rights to each superstar. And while I can't say for certain why you purchase the product, I do so because of the roster and the "improvements". Mostly for the roster. It would make no sense for me to buy a different wrestling game when I don't care for the roster.
#47paullondon1985Posted 12/3/2012 8:09:20 PM
MikeH7186 posted...
paullondon1985 posted...

I believe you are the one who does not understand. THQ/Yukes has the rights to make all WWE games. They have the rights to each superstar. And while I can't say for certain why you purchase the product, I do so because of the roster and the "improvements". Mostly for the roster. It would make no sense for me to buy a different wrestling game when I don't care for the roster.

Yes but they do so within the letter of the law and with a fair contract in place. How exactly would you classify that as a monopoly?
---
Not changing this sig till Daniel Puder comes back. (started 04/07/05)
#48beansoldierPosted 12/3/2012 8:10:23 PM
THQ puts out other quality products. Just because the WWE games have been in a decline in overall quality versus what is promised doesn't mean the company deserves to go out of business.
---
"That is not dead which can eternal lie,
But with strange aeons even death may die."
#49MikeH7186(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 8:12:13 PM
beansoldier posted...
THQ puts out other quality products. Just because the WWE games have been in a decline in overall quality versus what is promised doesn't mean the company deserves to go out of business.

Please name one that isn't Saints Row. If Saints Row 4 is a dud, that is the final nail in the coffin.
#50maliktundohPosted 12/3/2012 8:21:46 PM
Why all the THQ hate.
They are making the same game over n over with updated rosters, few tweaks here and there and still allowed the Licence for the past what? 10 years?
Which to me, means what they are making is keeping WWE happy.
I blame WWE. They're letting the games get as stale as the show and don't seem to be doing anything about it. They have no major competition atm so they dont care.

Maybe TNA will pick things up (show and game), and WWE will have to get good again or go bankrupt. Till then, will probably be same old **** different day.
More topics from this board...
So...uh....VivaLaRazaLH111/18 8:45AM