Please go out of business THQ

#51Minion3Posted 12/3/2012 9:24:09 PM
beansoldier posted...
THQ puts out other quality products. Just because the WWE games have been in a decline in overall quality versus what is promised doesn't mean the company deserves to go out of business.

Please name one that isn't Saints Row. If Saints Row 4 is a dud, that is the final nail in the coffin.

Red Faction Guerrilla.
---
Beings that are born of dreams must return to them...
The power of Lavos can make hopes and dreams come true.
#52MikeH7186(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 9:27:54 PM
maliktundoh posted...
I blame WWE. They're letting the games get as stale as the show and don't seem to be doing anything about it. They have no major competition atm so they dont care.

I'll agree this is a valid point, though not the source for all the blame. THQ/Yukes will make one new innovation, but at the same time they end up breaking something they added previously. It's just a bad track record adding up each year. Someone else should be given a chance to run with the ball. As it stands THQ/Yukes have the rights until 2017 I think. Quite a while to wait for a regime change.

Minion3 posted...
Red Faction Guerrilla.

Never heard of it, but I won't deny it since I have no knowledge of the product. I think it's fair to state though that Saints Row followed by WWE are the two cash cows.
#53beansoldierPosted 12/3/2012 9:38:28 PM
MikeH7186 posted...
beansoldier posted...
THQ puts out other quality products. Just because the WWE games have been in a decline in overall quality versus what is promised doesn't mean the company deserves to go out of business.

Please name one that isn't Saints Row. If Saints Row 4 is a dud, that is the final nail in the coffin.

Darksiders. Both one and two.
---
"That is not dead which can eternal lie,
But with strange aeons even death may die."
#54OrgeLambartPosted 12/3/2012 9:39:11 PM
Awww isn't that special, you want thousands of people to lose their jobs because you dislike the games they make. What do you or your parents do for a living. I hope whatever company they work for goes out of business. Just so you can understand how it feels.

If you dislike the games don't buy them. Don't be hopeful that something happens to the company so thousands of people are forced to find new jobs, that just downright offensive to me.
#55paullondon1985Posted 12/3/2012 9:41:26 PM
MikeH7186 posted...
maliktundoh posted...
I blame WWE. They're letting the games get as stale as the show and don't seem to be doing anything about it. They have no major competition atm so they dont care.

I'll agree this is a valid point, though not the source for all the blame. THQ/Yukes will make one new innovation, but at the same time they end up breaking something they added previously. It's just a bad track record adding up each year. Someone else should be given a chance to run with the ball. As it stands THQ/Yukes have the rights until 2017 I think. Quite a while to wait for a regime change.

Minion3 posted...
Red Faction Guerrilla.

Never heard of it, but I won't deny it since I have no knowledge of the product. I think it's fair to state though that Saints Row followed by WWE are the two cash cows.

Actually the Red Faction franchise is quite massive. THQ actually make a large portion of their revenue from movie/TV show adaptations.
---
Not changing this sig till Daniel Puder comes back. (started 04/07/05)
#56maliktundohPosted 12/3/2012 9:41:28 PM
MikeH7186 posted...
maliktundoh posted...

yea, and the Contract was renewed in what? 2009. Still seems like fault of wwe to me. Game was already stale then.
#57paullondon1985Posted 12/3/2012 9:46:15 PM(edited)
maliktundoh posted...
MikeH7186 posted...
maliktundoh posted...

yea, and the Contract was renewed in what? 2009. Still seems like fault of wwe to me. Game was already stale then.

Like it or not (and i don't like it) Pro Wrestling has a massive stigma that comes along with is. Wrestling is not cool to the majority and i'm not sure it ever will be again. This in its self contributed to the fact that there were no offeres bid by other publishers/developers for a new WWE game.
---
#58beansoldierPosted 12/3/2012 9:45:22 PM
And allow me to add other quality THQ titles to the two I obliged you with.

Destroy All Humans.
Warhammer series
WWE Day of Reckoning 1/2
WWF No Mercy
S.T.A.L.K.E.R

Hate the developers, not the publisher.
---
#59paullondon1985Posted 12/3/2012 9:48:25 PM
beansoldier posted...

Destroy All Humans.
Warhammer series
WWE Day of Reckoning 1/2
WWF No Mercy
S.T.A.L.K.E.R

So while we're at it lets list the quality Yukes games.

WWE Day of Reckoning 1/2

erm...
---
#60beansoldierPosted 12/3/2012 9:49:35 PM
paullondon1985 posted...
beansoldier posted...

Destroy All Humans.
Warhammer series
WWE Day of Reckoning 1/2
WWF No Mercy
S.T.A.L.K.E.R

So while we're at it lets list the quality Yukes games.

WWE Day of Reckoning 1/2

erm...

Previous Smackdown titles.

There's no argument that they've gotten lazy. But to wish that a company goes out of business over it is ignorant.
---