Please go out of business THQ

#71CrusnikCainPosted 12/4/2012 1:15:21 AM
IntrepidTyke posted...
They do have somewhat a monopoly since they have the WWE license. That's like saying EA doesn't have a monopoly with NFL games. I'm not sure that you understand the definition of monopoly now.

Regardless, THQ has terrible practices which I'm glad is leading them to their demise. Charging for on-disc content, online access, etc. Capcom is worse, but at least they can create quality products.

THQ can make quality products just not wrestling games
---
Gamer Tag : CrusnikCain
#72jpraelsterPosted 12/4/2012 1:16:41 AM
CrusnikCain posted...
IntrepidTyke posted...
They do have somewhat a monopoly since they have the WWE license. That's like saying EA doesn't have a monopoly with NFL games. I'm not sure that you understand the definition of monopoly now.

Regardless, THQ has terrible practices which I'm glad is leading them to their demise. Charging for on-disc content, online access, etc. Capcom is worse, but at least they can create quality products.

Lol quality products
#73CrusnikCainPosted 12/4/2012 1:20:07 AM
jpraelster posted...
CrusnikCain posted...
IntrepidTyke posted...

Lol quality products

quality was a poor choice but all there titles are not as bad as there WWE games
---
Gamer Tag : CrusnikCain
#74paullondon1985Posted 12/4/2012 1:46:21 AM
IntrepidTyke posted...

It is not possible to have a monopoly over a brand. That is a licencing contract not a monopoly. I'm not sure you understand the term. That term should not be banded around like that. And again EA have a licence contract for the NFL but not Football in general.

Here in the UK we have the Monopoly's commission that stop unfair holds over a service or commodity. This is not a case like that.
---
Not changing this sig till Daniel Puder comes back. (started 04/07/05)
#75IntrepidTykePosted 12/4/2012 1:59:21 AM
That's why I said "somewhat". Obviously, they don't have a monopoly, but saying they do just stresses the point further. The definition sounds a lot like what THQ has, even though it isn't precise.
#76R1KM4NPosted 12/7/2012 7:30:18 AM
Omega_Pyro posted...
I only have to say this. If you're truely disappointeed in the games then don't buy them. If enough people stop buying them, the company will see this. They can then change it without people losing their jobs.

You said you could wait.

People losing their jobs has nothing to do with having major changes to a game.

Money = Control. They make money, they make the samething. They lose money, they try something new.

I can only disagree with this. I see exactly where you are coming from but for me WWE 13 was hugely hyped and it was only when I got it I realised it was the same stuff.

I couldn't wait for this game and the Attitude Era setting. My problem is there is so much laziness. Thing like moves looking wrong or attires or animations or themes, some might consider them trivial but for me it is integral to my enjoyment. I want an authentic product.

The fact that the New Age Outlaws have a default entrance is unforgivable IMO. But this things you can't really tell until you buy and sit down with the game. Demos are good but don't offer enough depth to get a true experience of the full game.

Who knows, WWE 14 could fix every problem we have, but if we don't buy it we will never know.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
More topics from this board...
So...uh....VivaLaRazaLH211/27 2:21PM