Most honest, unabashed review yet

#1WrubezPosted 12/3/2012 11:59:43 PM
Let's face it... to put it nicely, most of us were once again led astray by broken promises brokered by THQ. WWE 13 has disappointed the majority of us whom sought a good wrestling experience in the form of a video game. Especially after being let down so many times in the past by this company. This has got to be the most comprehensive and, most importantly, HONEST review that I personally have read in regards to this game. I will probably catch flak from those whom disagree, and that is fine, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I just happen to be one of those who felt like we deserved more... And the following article pretty much sums it up perfectly:

http://shogungamer.com/news/reviews/15076/review-wwe-13-one-worst-games-recent-memory
#2WingedRegentPosted 12/4/2012 12:52:57 AM
Let's face it... to put it nicely, most of us were once again led astray by broken promises brokered by THQ. WWE 13 has disappointed the majority of us whom sought a good wrestling experience in the form of a video game. Especially after being let down so many times in the past by this company. This has got to be the most comprehensive and, most importantly, HONEST review that I personally have read in regards to this game. I will probably catch flak from those whom disagree, and that is fine, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I just happen to be one of those who felt like we deserved more... And the following article pretty much sums it up perfectly:

http://shogungamer.com/news/reviews/15076/review-wwe-13-one-worst-games-recent-memory

You say two different things in your post: You mention how everyone is entitled to their opinion, yet you also say that the review you linked is the most honest one you've read, as if to say the others weren't honest. I've yet to have half of the issues he's mentioned in regards to glitches. Every review is someone else's experience with the title, so saying that one review was "the most honest" review while also saying that everyone's entitled to their own opinion is contradictory. You're basically saying, "You're entitled to your opinion...but this guy's more honest than you". <_<

That being said, IDK. I've yet to have a lot of the issues people are mentioning. I've not seen any glitches other than Ministry Undertaker popping up in a match. Universe Mode actually hasn't been bad at all from my experience as the CPU started feuds with my (slight) nudging pretty well and steered things in a direction I was aiming for. PPV matches aren't pointless as they lead into the next show's storyline from my experience with them. The 3GB Save File, however, blew my mind when I saw it on my Saved Data Utility as the game now takes up 8GB of space. That's ridiculous IMO. My experience has differed wildly than most apparently. So far, it's probably the most fun WWE game I've played in awhile, but like I said, my experience has, so far, differed greatly from most gamers with this game.
---
You're casual if you like anything. Real hardcore gamers hate everything.-CyhortI82
#3Wrubez(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 12:54:25 PM
WingedRegent posted...

You say two different things in your post: You mention how everyone is entitled to their opinion, yet you also say that the review you linked is the most honest one you've read, as if to say the others weren't honest. I've yet to have half of the issues he's mentioned in regards to glitches. Every review is someone else's experience with the title, so saying that one review was "the most honest" review while also saying that everyone's entitled to their own opinion is contradictory. You're basically saying, "You're entitled to your opinion...but this guy's more honest than you". <_<

That being said, IDK. I've yet to have a lot of the issues people are mentioning. I've not seen any glitches other than Ministry Undertaker popping up in a match. Universe Mode actually hasn't been bad at all from my experience as the CPU started feuds with my (slight) nudging pretty well and steered things in a direction I was aiming for. PPV matches aren't pointless as they lead into the next show's storyline from my experience with them. The 3GB Save File, however, blew my mind when I saw it on my Saved Data Utility as the game now takes up 8GB of space. That's ridiculous IMO. My experience has differed wildly than most apparently. So far, it's probably the most fun WWE game I've played in awhile, but like I said, my experience has, so far, differed greatly from most gamers with this game.

While I do respect your opinion, allow me to clarify mine. Nowhere did I say or even imply that the attached article is more honest than the opinion of any user on this board. I simply said that this was the most honest review that I have PERSONALLY read. I respect the view of the writer because it coincides with how I view this game. I was also pointing out that I agreed with the fact that a lot of review seemed to have jumped the gun on greatness without playing for an extended period of time. Like they beat attitude mode and the game is the best ever. I have been following this series for a long time and was anticipating the release of 13 more than you know. I just feel that we got wwe 12.5. I feel let down because of broken promises. Especially in regards to universe. I am glad that you are enjoying your experience with the game. Again, you are entitled to your own opinion. I just feel that the story element is the most important part of a wrestling sim and it falls short tremendously here. Not to mention that the AI serves up no challenge at all once you play it a couple of days in a row. They lack aggressiveness and creativity. They spam reversals and never go to the top rope. The list goes on of course but you can spend 2 minutes on this board to see that there are others that share similar views. I understand that the reversals are an essential part of the game but a little more variety would be nice that's all I am saying. I should feel like I am truly playing on legend, with aggressive ai that utilizes complex tactics to win, not crank the sliders and let's see how fast your RT reflexes are.
#4G-ZissPosted 12/4/2012 12:54:58 PM
unbashed?
#5beansoldierPosted 12/4/2012 2:43:08 PM
I find it poorly written and hard to take serious.
---
"That is not dead which can eternal lie,
But with strange aeons even death may die."
#6enovak7924Posted 12/4/2012 3:08:16 PM
I am slightly disappointed in '13.

I enjoyed 12 a whole lot and with the promise of 13 having a better universe, etc, I feel we really didn't get that. We got a lot of new things but as usual with THQ, 1 step forward and 2 steps backward.

Still after putting over a year in game time with my CAWS and created shows, stupid glitches aside I am starting to like it as much as '12.
---
"This is without a doubt, the greatest history in the moment of our sport !"
#7Toad 004Posted 12/4/2012 3:41:28 PM
unbiased?

Sorry, but that review was very biased against WWE 13.

I found attitude era mode awesome, and I nave NEVER actually seen a WWE show, attitude or otherwise. Therefore, it is not just Nostalgia. There is quality within the mode.

He took an entire point away because the save file was too large. Are you serious?!

I honestly agree the music and some of the audio needs improvement. But only an audiophile (ie, this reviewer) would rant on for a full essay's worth of text on just the sound. He also has some kind of hated for captions. Why? I'm not hearing impaired, and I always turn captions/subtitles on in video games.

The review reads: "WWE 13's marketing heavily promoted the WWE Universe mode." This is out and out WRONG. The marketing only cared about attitude era mode. Just from the ads, I wouldn't even know universe mode was include in this game.

He also devotes nearly half his review to TWO issues with universe mode. Seriously? There are more issues with Universe mode than just "branching storylines are ultra rare" and "no PPV cutscenes". These are legitimate problems, but he ignores all other issues with the mode to focus 10+ paragraphs of text on TWO issues.

I don't mind that the reviewer hates the game (WWE 13, not Triple H). But I do mind that his review makes an awful argument against the game.

Short Version: That review sucked.
---
Proud Lurker since 2004!
#8JiruruPosted 12/4/2012 3:44:06 PM
It's unabashed, not unbiased.

Anyway, the review really doesn't touch that much on the actual wrestling part of the game, which for all the bells and whistles the game has, is still what people should mostly be focusing on when reviewing it.
---
"It felt like the music was aimed right at me... like a missile!"
#9Wrubez(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 3:59:43 PM
G-Ziss posted...
unbashed?

UnAbashed - adj- 1. Not disconcerted or embarrassed; poised. 2. Not concealed or disguised; obvious: unabashed disgust

In other words, this review is not afraid or embarrassed to point out the flaws contained throughout this game, and furthermore is not blinded but just the attitude era mode and actually has delved deep into the game and was ultimately left in disappointment
#10beansoldierPosted 12/4/2012 4:18:03 PM
Wrubez posted...
G-Ziss posted...
unbashed?

UnAbashed - adj- 1. Not disconcerted or embarrassed; poised. 2. Not concealed or disguised; obvious: unabashed disgust

In other words, this review is not afraid or embarrassed to point out the flaws contained throughout this game, and furthermore is not blinded but just the attitude era mode and actually has delved deep into the game and was ultimately left in disappointment

None of which comes out in the review. It's just him complaining about the same two issues and none of it really on the actual gameplay.

Really, all you get out of it is "Wah, I really hate this game."
---
"That is not dead which can eternal lie,
But with strange aeons even death may die."
More topics from this board...
Through a tablery111618/18 2:23PM