Any updates about the upcoming patch

#1SaxonPosted 12/8/2012 1:06:36 PM
I'm still praying that THQ can straighten out WWE '13 and it'll become the game we all hoped it would be. Anyway, what are they saying about the patch...is one still coming?
#2WrubezPosted 12/8/2012 3:09:02 PM
All that they keep saying on the THQ boards is that they are "looking into all issues" and that they are in the process of a second patch. Personally I am kind of glad that they are taking their time with this patch because they hopefully won't rush it out to break the game even further. With that being said, I agree completely that this game needs a huge patch. For example, I just got done playing an epic match between Rock and Austin and hit two stunners that both resulted in a one count. Then I hit him with a running Axe handle and pinned him. Wasn't that a big complaint of last year's installment? I was excited when they advertised that they were revamping the pin system to allow the last move to play a factor on deciding the pin Window. While this is true for the majority of the match, the real problem area seems to be when you the opponent is hurt (grabbing their head). As soon as this occurs its like the underlying code goes haywire. The AI seems to lose all aggression and the pin system goes out the window. Definitely needs to be addressed. I think that if they solve the one count mystery it will cause a positive domino effect on a lot of areas including the pin system as a whole. Tie that in with legitimate ways to make the AI more aggressive and this game will be sweet again. I also have a pretty good way that they can address the universe cutscene complaint. If they don't wanna take the time to figure out why we can't get more cutscenes without completely redoing the whole universe system, why not just release a HUGE DLC cutscene pack that is predominantly filled with branching storylines. Even better, they could make it free for all players. I think by giving us something like this would at least put a lot of us whom feel disappointed back in their good graces while they really put their nose to the grindstone towards a gameplay patch.
#3Saxon(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 3:36:41 PM
Things the patch must include to make me happy:

Matches having 2 counts

More aggressive A.I. that use their finishers more times than not.

WWE Universe having branching storylines and injuries.
#4maliktundohPosted 12/8/2012 3:39:00 PM
Saxon posted...
Things the patch must include to make me happy:

Matches having 2 counts

More aggressive A.I. that use their finishers more times than not.

WWE Universe having branching storylines and injuries.

Cruiser weights actually using TOP ROPE moves, so you know, we can do them awesome catching finishers?!
---
Playing: Skyrim. WWE 13, Final Fantasy 3.
Waiting For: GTA V, FFX HD, The Last of Us.
#5Rud3BwoyPosted 12/8/2012 3:43:18 PM
by the time the patch comes out no one cares about the game anymore,half of these patches fix offline issues and they never address online issues,what a waste
#6DeathX2270Posted 12/8/2012 5:01:41 PM
Rud3Bwoy posted...
by the time the patch comes out no one cares about the game anymore,half of these patches fix offline issues and they never address online issues,what a waste

the core of the game is offline so it really isnt a waste
---
If i lived here, then i would be home
#7PepsiWithCokePosted 12/8/2012 5:09:58 PM
All that they keep saying on the THQ boards is that they are "looking into all issues" and that they are in the process of a second patch. Personally I am kind of glad that they are taking their time with this patch because they hopefully won't rush it out to break the game even further. With that being said, I agree completely that this game needs a huge patch. For example, I just got done playing an epic match between Rock and Austin and hit two stunners that both resulted in a one count. Then I hit him with a running Axe handle and pinned him. Wasn't that a big complaint of last year's installment? I was excited when they advertised that they were revamping the pin system to allow the last move to play a factor on deciding the pin Window. While this is true for the majority of the match, the real problem area seems to be when you the opponent is hurt (grabbing their head). As soon as this occurs its like the underlying code goes haywire. The AI seems to lose all aggression and the pin system goes out the window. Definitely needs to be addressed. I think that if they solve the one count mystery it will cause a positive domino effect on a lot of areas including the pin system as a whole. Tie that in with legitimate ways to make the AI more aggressive and this game will be sweet again. I also have a pretty good way that they can address the universe cutscene complaint. If they don't wanna take the time to figure out why we can't get more cutscenes without completely redoing the whole universe system, why not just release a HUGE DLC cutscene pack that is predominantly filled with branching storylines. Even better, they could make it free for all players. I think by giving us something like this would at least put a lot of us whom feel disappointed back in their good graces while they really put their nose to the grindstone towards a gameplay patch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-EvW4bkAxc&list=PLF60289A3C486F7EA&index=15
---
http://s13.zetaboards.com/Call_of_Duty_Boards
http://i46.tinypic.com/28b9vt3.jpg http://www.xboxgamertag.com/gamercard/chibearsfan121/fullnxe/card.png
#8MilemarkerPosted 12/9/2012 2:06:52 AM
All I want is the 1 count thing fixed and Universe to be better(as in showing more varied cutscenes and branching stories happening more, since I haven't even seen one yet). If they do just THAT, I don't even care so much about other glitches and such. I can overlook those.

Besides the pin thing and Universe being so wonky I love everything else about the game.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/eric_nintendo/
More topics from this board...
Through a tablery111618/18 2:23PM