As of now, WWE 12 is better than WWE 13

#1Worm199Posted 12/19/2012 8:53:47 AM
Im right now back to playing WWE 12, which in my opinion is the best wrestling game in years, and one of the greatest of all time. The reason why is quite sad to be honest, because gameplaywise, WWE 13 is a great improvement over WWE 12.

However all these damn bugs, glitches, one of the worst AI in the history of wrestling games and weak Universe, makes this game a disappointment.

What do you think?
---
''Wisest is he who knows, that he knows nothing'' - Socrates
I would like to change that to ''Wisest is the wrestling fan who knows nothing beforehand''
#2SoF-RamboPosted 12/19/2012 8:58:13 AM
Well, the only reason I like 12 more than 13 right now is because I made alot of my friends perfectly in 12, and I really don't want to do that over.
---
Gamertag : Z0mb13S0ldier
Current Most Played : Mass Effect 3, Sleeping Dogs, Battlefield 3, and WWE 12.
#3El_ToromanPosted 12/19/2012 9:34:05 AM
Hell no. I expected to be dissapointed with WWE'13. However, I hadn't had this much fun since HCTP. Incredible gameplay, AI is a pain in the ass, but rightfully so and the Attitude Era is the greatest thing to be implemented on the WWE games. However, it is not worth $80 for the complete game (took the Black Friday offer, so I may be somewhat biased).
---
Heart Gold FC: 2837 2320 9084
#4VegaGF1012Posted 12/19/2012 9:47:54 AM
WWE 13 is the first wrestling game in the series that has two of wreslting most basics concepts messed up.

First > The player given the ability to decide to kickout. To me takes a way a big suprising element to the player. It also causes matches to go on beyond the acceptable lenght.

If played matches where i got beaten the crap out of for 15 min, almost getting no move in but the match went on for atleast 30...because i could. In wrestling, wrestlers ofcourse can kick out of any move, for as long as they want....but they dont. The match should determine wheter a wrestlers stays down, not the wrestlers themself.

2nd > The reversal system

Despite this being a video game, reversals should be something to look forward to. A reversal is key element of the story telling inside the ring for the viewer.

If there were any wrong approaches to a wrestling game's reversal system it would be this

At one side : Not being able to reverse anything
At the other : Being able to reverse everything with no effort.

WWE 13 is the last one. Reversing everything with no effort. I see more reversals in a match then moves... that to me is a shooter where everybody has auto aim...

I think its quite hard to make a perfect reversal system. Dont want to take all the control away from the player, but reversing should get less frequent as a match goes on.
#5Carribean_CoolPosted 12/19/2012 10:47:38 AM
El_Toroman posted...
Incredible gameplay, AI is a pain in the ass, but rightfully so

LMFAO
---
Snitsky's Condoms. If she get's pregnant, it's not your fault.
#6Wolf_J_FlywheelPosted 12/19/2012 11:26:10 AM
SoF-Rambo posted...
Well, the only reason I like 12 more than 13 right now is because I made alot of my friends perfectly in 12, and I really don't want to do that over.

i whipped up a quick "fill in the blank" template on WORD that covers size and shape points since that carries over to WWE13. works real good. not hard to pick hair and clothes beyond that.
---
"I awaken. I consume oxygen, then bacon, eggs and black coffee, then my wife, then bacon." - Nick Offerman
http://i.minus.com/iRiu3PRI5vKfS.gif
#7enovak7924Posted 12/19/2012 11:31:02 AM
Worm199 posted...
Im right now back to playing WWE 12, which in my opinion is the best wrestling game in years, and one of the greatest of all time. The reason why is quite sad to be honest, because gameplaywise, WWE 13 is a great improvement over WWE 12.

However all these damn bugs, glitches, one of the worst AI in the history of wrestling games and weak Universe, makes this game a disappointment.

What do you think?

I love the new stuff in '13 as far as moves, animations, create and arena.

However for me I agree that '12 had a better Universe and was less buggy in regards to tag teams.

1) Unless they go for a title - teams are rarely booked as a team by Universe - usually either on opposite teams or fighting each other.

2) The "Representing..." announcement is broken - it can't be turned off (options doesn't do anything to it) and anyone not an a named team are said to be on team "Agents".

3) in '12 when a team started fighting each other as rivals - it was taken out of the Universe team list since it no longer existed as a team. - in '13 even if teams break up and fight each other as rivals they are still listed as a valid tag team in Universe.

And in '12 I used to get cutscenes like 8 out of 10 matches - now I get 1 or 2 every 20 matches or so. Plus I think these branching stories are a myth - I have never seen one yet and I am well into my 3rd year in Universe time.

That all being said - I can't stop playing. I am addicted to playing '13 as I was with '12 - just less Universe stuff going on.
---
"This is without a doubt, the greatest history in the moment of our sport !"
#8Pier81Posted 12/19/2012 12:48:06 PM
Totally agree with you there OP, I'm saying this since day 1.

The only thing worth playing in this game is the Attitude Era. I've traded in this game for X-COM, and I was amazed to see the care for every little detail in that game opposed to the beta version of WWE '13 THQ had the balls to sell us.
---
I am twice the man that you are and I have half the brain that you do.