So when will we see the first WWE/2K game?

#1JoeMoeFoePosted 1/23/2013 7:59:53 PM
Should there be a release still this Oct./Nov or will we have to wait until next year? Yes I know it is all speculation right now, but what are your opinions?
---
Ceck out my band ----> facebook.com/hope4heroes
#2Carribean_CoolPosted 1/23/2013 8:40:09 PM
Next year. I mean production didn't even start yet, and they JUST got the license.
---
Snitsky's Condoms. If she get's pregnant, it's not your fault.
#3kscaswellPosted 1/23/2013 8:52:15 PM
Are we sure that WWE 14 still won't happen this year? The game is being worked on by Yukes, THQ just published the game. Maybe since they have already started work on WWE 14 2K Games will let them finish it and see if they wish to keep them around to work on the series.
---
I Believe in Chris Jericho
The very best World Heavyweight Champion ever!
#4Carribean_CoolPosted 1/23/2013 9:11:36 PM
Well I thought this bankruptcy let's them finish what they have started
---
Snitsky's Condoms. If she get's pregnant, it's not your fault.
#5whatnow12012Posted 1/23/2013 9:26:13 PM
WWE 14 was in production before THQ brought extinction to themselves the WWE games go into production soon as the other game is finished to make the yearly release each year.

the WWE games take about 6 to 8 months or so and THQ said that any game that was in production will not be effected by the transistion so South Park Stick for Truth is now just under Ubisoft the game is still coming this year just will not have THQ under the hood now it will sport Ubisoft.

Saints Row 4 was also in preproduction before this deal it is still on track & on schedule.

So is Metro Last Light and just like WWE 14 all these games will now feature new names behind them such as WWE 2K Games which I think they also made one of the Bioshock games if I am not mistaken. Also Jade Empire was also 2K games.

2K is largely known for Sports such as the NBA games so I feel ok with 2K behind the deal but the new deal will not happen until after WWE 14 hits this October/November but WWE 14 will have 2K on it instead of THQ when the game boots up like its usual deal.

However after WWE 14 is finished it is a whole new ball of wax and a new generation of WWE games will begin under 2K Games direction.

May not be called the yearly deal anymore after 14 is released I am hoping 14 is the last yearly deal as I am tired of seeing the Madden Effect.

So I am hoping in 2014 or 2015 after WWE 14 hits this year we see something from the ground up from 2K games they make excellent NBA games so I know they can do a WWE game justice.

But like I said any game THQ had in the works before this process began will remain on track and will be released on schedule from Saints, South Park to Metro Last Light and lastly The WWE Franchise now under 2K Games.

So to answer your question you will see the 1st 2k game this year it will be WWE 14 the last THQ game made instead will sport the 2K games banner.

2014-2015 will mark the 1st Official WWE 2K game while WWE 14 will mark THQs last WWE game ever.
#6MikeH7186Posted 1/23/2013 9:31:34 PM
You guys think they're going to make a good game if Yukes is forced to publish 14 because of the contract? That'll be the most half assed release yet.
#7OrgeLambartPosted 1/23/2013 10:14:19 PM
I'd say it depends on whether or not 2k brings on Yukes for this next game or goes for a brand new game. It's only January so they have the potential to bring out a WWE game this year. Although I wouldn't expect it to be the best game ever made or anything.

They could also go with Yukes this year, and have their own in house team build the game. Nobody really knows yet, although I'd expect to hear some news in the next few days. Didn't WWE's contract call for a yearly game. I don't see why that would change now that THQ is out of the picture.
#8dan12conPosted 1/23/2013 10:17:03 PM
Yukes makes the game. Nothing will change.
---
"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega."
- Brodie (from Mallrats)
#9GrimMTrixXPosted 1/23/2013 10:38:09 PM
Hell... we could potentially see WWE 24 be the best one in the series ever BECAUSE it could be their last effort if 2K doesnt keep Yukes on. I'll wait and see because who knows, we could finally get the super customizable game we've been looking for because they may want to go out with a bang.
---
XBL/PSN: GrimmTrixX
#10KenpoKid69Posted 1/23/2013 11:37:27 PM
It all depends on whether they retain Yukes or not? If they do, then it will probably come out in late October as usual.

If not, then expect a year or longer delay.
---
Mug Root Beer? I'm not thirsty enough to resort to violence, yet....
KenpoKid69, Yugioh In-game Name: Kate-O FC: 352527548010
More topics from this board...
So...uh....VivaLaRazaLH111/18 8:45AM