I for one will miss this series

#1enovak7924Posted 1/24/2013 10:33:11 AM
Yes its been plagued with glitches and bugs and broken promises.

However unless the new game makers keep all the things we have come to expect like a very good create suite in which you create your own wrestler, moveset, moves, arenas, entrances with music and advanced editing, etc.

I will miss Universe as well - especially this year with the freedom we had to create shows, rosters, edit titles, teams etc.

I haven't played really any 2K sports games but I doubt they have the vast amount of customization we had in the THQ series.

Though I look forward to see what they will come up with. I would like to see the return of a career mode where you stick with one wrestler and work your way thru the ranks.
---
"This is without a doubt, the greatest history in the moment of our sport !"
#2SaxonPosted 1/24/2013 10:37:32 AM
I have a feeling in time WWE '13 will be a well received game and be appreciated by future wrestling gamers in the same way HCTP is today even though that game never was that great to begin with due to the dumb A.I. and the easy reversals.

#3wwefan4everPosted 2/1/2013 6:58:18 PM
I for one wont miss a 2 count pin glitch or it's piss poor target system In a championship scramble match when someone was pinning another person, I went over to them and attacked to break it up, the dumb ass character instead attacks a person standing behind me whic makes it so the pinfall does not get broken up). Later in the match Rock hits me with a move and picks me up, when he does I start glitching and staggering around like a drunk person, Rock is trying to grapple me but cannot, so for the last 3 minutes of the Championships Scramble match I can do nothing to retain my WWE Championship because of a dumb glitch. I had MITB so I just used it at the next PPV and won the WWE Championship back. No way was I restarting a 10 minute match over again.
#4Dart_Feld7Posted 2/1/2013 7:31:45 PM
Yep, I will miss it too. Luckily I still have the best installments from the series including the last.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23GElX7BbXk
http://i32.tinypic.com/161ayba.gif
#5Carribean_CoolPosted 2/1/2013 7:49:15 PM
I too will miss the outdated 13 year old engine.
---
Snitsky's Condoms. If she get's pregnant, it's not your fault.
#6kayoticdreamzPosted 2/1/2013 8:24:45 PM
Saxon posted...
I have a feeling in time WWE '13 will be a well received game and be appreciated by future wrestling gamers in the same way HCTP is today even though that game never was that great to begin with due to the dumb A.I. and the easy reversals.

for once saxon speaks truth.
#7mcmax3000Posted 2/2/2013 1:40:58 PM
If Yukes doesn't stay on as the developer, there's no way we get that kind of customization stuff anytime soon.

I would honestly expect 2K's first game to look more like the TNA iMPACT game than any of the recent WWE games. I don't necessarily mean in terms of quality, but in terms of it being fairly bare bones.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: Mcmax3000
#8G-ZissPosted 2/2/2013 1:52:59 PM
enovak7924 posted...
Yes its been plagued with glitches and bugs and broken promises.

However unless the new game makers keep all the things we have come to expect like a very good create suite in which you create your own wrestler, moveset, moves, arenas, entrances with music and advanced editing, etc.

I think you forgot to finish that sentence.
#9XenoJivePosted 2/4/2013 12:38:47 AM
I will definitely miss it. I've grown up playing domestic and imported wrestling since NES and this is the most satisfying (domestic) game series to come out since they've cancelled the DOR and AKI games.

I think kids on here don't realize how bad it was before THQ got involved with WWE. When we get a way more broken game with 1/4th the content from a new developer next year, maybe they will figure it out.

I hope I'm proven wrong. I'd love to see an awesome game on the new publishers first outing, but realistically it'll take about 2-3 games to get into it.

Come on Pro Wrestling X, now's your chance to shine in the meantime!
More topics from this board...
So...uh....VivaLaRazaLH111/18 8:45AM