Yay thq is gone

#21Lupin the 4thPosted 1/31/2013 1:44:35 PM
beansoldier posted...
Awesomely Awesome AJ posted...
YAY! People lost their jobs and their families will suffer until they find other possible employment in a horrible economy. I mean this is the best news! Another game company has failed and has been added to the ever growing list of game companies that have failed in the past two years. YIIPPPEEEE!!!! The industry that everybody claimed was untouchable is finally starting to decline and will eventually crash!!!!!!!

But look at the bright side, someone else gets a shot at the WWE games. Because that's all people care about. Didn't you know? It doesn't matter how many companies go under so long as we get everything we ever wanted.

No kidding. If this is how gamers behave these days, I'm ashamed to be associated with the subculture. Then again, look at the ridiculous response to DmC. Guess I shouldn't be surprised.
---
The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again! Ha Ha Ha!)
-Lupin III: Stealing jewels and schooling fools since 1967-
#22Carribean_CoolPosted 1/31/2013 8:48:27 PM
Lupin the 4th posted...
beansoldier posted...
Awesomely Awesome AJ posted...
YAY! People lost their jobs and their families will suffer until they find other possible employment in a horrible economy. I mean this is the best news! Another game company has failed and has been added to the ever growing list of game companies that have failed in the past two years. YIIPPPEEEE!!!! The industry that everybody claimed was untouchable is finally starting to decline and will eventually crash!!!!!!!

But look at the bright side, someone else gets a shot at the WWE games. Because that's all people care about. Didn't you know? It doesn't matter how many companies go under so long as we get everything we ever wanted.

No kidding. If this is how gamers behave these days, I'm ashamed to be associated with the subculture. Then again, look at the ridiculous response to DmC. Guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Hooray for low standards!
---
Snitsky's Condoms. If she get's pregnant, it's not your fault.
#23DSplayer50Posted 1/31/2013 8:59:56 PM
themallet posted...
Take Two has rights, they are the parent company of 2k, there is no indication yet that 2k will even make it, and if they do, I wouldn't buy it. They have 0 experience with wrestling games.

So it's called learning. From the sound of it people hated what THQ did with it anyway. 2K (if they do get the nod) has history with sports games and NFL 2K5 is the best football game and beginning of a great series if it wasn't for EA buying the license. If 2K gets to develop it, I'd be happy.
---
GT=AlreadySoCold 3DS Nik-1977-0647-5232
I'd do anything for Clementine.
#24Clim_HadyPosted 2/1/2013 11:08:31 AM
Happy about this too, So tired of the half-assness....
---
You aint never met a mutha mutha LIke me!!!
#25nWoStylePosted 2/1/2013 1:48:36 PM
People tend to confuse a DEVELOPER with a PUBLISHER. THQ was simply a publisher. YUKES was the DEVELOPER. The one to blame is YUKES. THQ just hired them to make the game and then roll around in the money when they sell it.
It's likely 2K will go back to YUKES since YUKES already has a proven commercially and critically successful engine. It is up to YUKES what they want to do. But now instead of having a permanent spot making the games, if 2K doesn't like the end product, they are free to shop around to another developer.
---
That's not suspicious at all!
PSN: anthler316; 3DS: 3840-5352-3266
#26wwefan4everPosted 2/1/2013 8:01:26 PM
2K sports games suck. I for one am not putting any faith into people who never made a wrestling game in the lives before.
#27Clim_HadyPosted 2/2/2013 1:38:18 PM
nWoStyle posted...
People tend to confuse a DEVELOPER with a PUBLISHER. THQ was simply a publisher. YUKES was the DEVELOPER. The one to blame is YUKES. THQ just hired them to make the game and then roll around in the money when they sell it.
It's likely 2K will go back to YUKES since YUKES already has a proven commercially and critically successful engine. It is up to YUKES what they want to do. But now instead of having a permanent spot making the games, if 2K doesn't like the end product, they are free to shop around to another developer.

True... I always kinda put the blame toward Yukes. BUt i often said thq because they were the ones always making false promises. But anyway I hope a new developer comes in, yukes is bad... Not acclaim bad but they are bad...
---
You aint never met a mutha mutha LIke me!!!
#28Super VejitaPosted 2/2/2013 1:50:25 PM
themallet posted...
Take Two has rights, they are the parent company of 2k, there is no indication yet that 2k will even make it, and if they do, I wouldn't buy it. They have 0 experience with wrestling games.

So did THQ when they released Smackdown 1 and that was a pretty good game...so..
---
"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!" ~Dracula
#29DoubleDarePosted 2/2/2013 1:55:52 PM
THQ actually had experience with wrestling games, btw wrestlemania 2000 was their first release.
---
On Your Mark...Get Set........GO!!!!!!
#30mcmax3000Posted 2/2/2013 2:36:21 PM
kayoticdreamz posted...
if he is so good he can find another job. its part of life people lose jobs find new ones.

You're right, it is part of life but that doesn't mean it's something we should be celebrating. Death is part of life too...

DoubleDare posted...
THQ actually had experience with wrestling games, btw wrestlemania 2000 was their first release.

First WWE release, but not first wrestling game. They did a bunch of WCW games prior to that.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: Mcmax3000