Very European Uppercut

#1ThekliqPosted 2/3/2013 10:12:35 AM
Was anyone else hoping this would be a catch finisher?

It has all the makings of one.

It should've been, too.

So many possibilities...
---
http://z13.invisionfree.com/eccwfreturn2011/index.php?
#2AustinCrossPosted 2/3/2013 11:24:30 AM
No, we all want less content.
---
Currently Playing: WWE 13, Minecraft360, Fallout: New Vegas
GT: EnemyInYourHead
#3Vampire WraithPosted 2/3/2013 11:27:59 AM
AustinCross posted...

Considering quite a few people here like restrictions, the question isn't really out there.
---
"I havent experienced any bugs nin this game" - manta53 about WWE 13
#4WingedRegentPosted 2/3/2013 12:21:28 PM
Would've been nice to have, but the main things working against it seem to be:

1. Cesaro hadn't done it as a "Catch" move until later, where he clocked Sheamus with it from the attempted Top-Rope Shoulder Ram.

2. It's a signature, not a finisher. Would be nice if they extended the "Catch" Status to Sigs, but since they only did it for Finishers, the Very European Uppercut would have to have been moved to his Finisher slot, which doesn't make sense since he uses it to set up the Neutralizer.
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Seraphim_Dragon.png
You're casual if you like anything. Real hardcore gamers hate everything.-CyhortI82
#5Thekliq(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 12:56:24 PM
WingedRegent posted...

1. Cesaro hadn't done it as a "Catch" move until later, where he clocked Sheamus with it from the attempted Top-Rope Shoulder Ram.

2. It's a signature, not a finisher. Would be nice if they extended the "Catch" Status to Sigs, but since they only did it for Finishers, the Very European Uppercut would have to have been moved to his Finisher slot, which doesn't make sense since he uses it to set up the Neutralizer.

#1: True. At the time, they probably weren't looking at it from a point of implementation for everywhere. It was how it was, and it was going to be used as an irish whip counter/groggy grapple,period.

#2. Catch finishers can be assigned to signature, and don't allow catching. So it's not like there'd be a problem there. I'm just thinking, for next time (if we even have catch finishers next time) that this would be an ideal candidate. Too many possibilities where someone can be taken out by one gigantic swiss death uppercut.

And after a while, I see Cesaro probably just backing off on the Neutralizer. It is a destructive move, but I'm sure somewhere along the way, someone is going to get peeved off at him for it.
---
http://z13.invisionfree.com/eccwfreturn2011/index.php?
#6WingedRegentPosted 2/3/2013 1:01:47 PM
WingedRegent posted...

#1: True. At the time, they probably weren't looking at it from a point of implementation for everywhere. It was how it was, and it was going to be used as an irish whip counter/groggy grapple,period.

#2. Catch finishers can be assigned to signature, and don't allow catching. So it's not like there'd be a problem there. I'm just thinking, for next time (if we even have catch finishers next time) that this would be an ideal candidate. Too many possibilities where someone can be taken out by one gigantic swiss death uppercut.

And after a while, I see Cesaro probably just backing off on the Neutralizer. It is a destructive move, but I'm sure somewhere along the way, someone is going to get peeved off at him for it.

But that's the thing. The "Catch Finisher" designation on the Swiss Death/Very European Uppercut would be useless for the guy who brought it to the WWE since he uses it as a Signature and, therefore, doesn't allow for a "Catch" situation, which is why I mentioned I'd like them to allow Sigs to catch, especially since it'd make sense for Undertaker/Kane to have a Chokeslam sig and a Tombstone finisher both "Catch". I do agree that it should be given the designation as well, but mainly if Sigs AND Finishers can be used as "Catch Specials" similar to the Create a Finisher becoming an All-Encompassing "Create A Special Move" for Sigs and Finishers.

Why would someone get peeved at Cesaro's Neutralizer finisher? The manner in which he does it seems a bit unsafe?
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Seraphim_Dragon.png
You're casual if you like anything. Real hardcore gamers hate everything.-CyhortI82
#7kayoticdreamzPosted 2/3/2013 8:16:26 PM
Vampire Wraith posted...
AustinCross posted...

Considering quite a few people here like restrictions, the question isn't really out there.

im sure that was sarcasm though i could be wrong
#8Vampire WraithPosted 2/3/2013 8:19:57 PM
kayoticdreamz posted...
Vampire Wraith posted...
AustinCross posted...

im sure that was sarcasm though i could be wrong

Unfortunately, no.
---
"I havent experienced any bugs nin this game" - manta53 about WWE 13
#9dashbennettPosted 2/4/2013 7:17:57 AM
The "catching" moves can be done as both signatures and finishers. I have a CAW with the Worlds Strongest Slam as a signature and use it as a catching all the time.
More topics from this board...
So...uh....VivaLaRazaLH111/18 8:45AM