How did '13 turn out so glitchy?

#1enovak7924Posted 2/4/2013 6:58:34 AM
If you make a game every year based on the prevous game, it should stand to reason that you add features, change rosters, whatever - but whatever worked should work in the new game.

In '12 I had glitches, sure - but certainly not as many as I have had in '13.

In 12 I never saw:

two wrestler models get switched in the game during a match -

the AI simply HAS to break the announce table once a wrestler is damaged enough. Even when it hits a finisher - can pin - but opts to go outside the ring.

Using the wrong outfits for cutscenes then what was set up in Create a Wrestler

Doing a diving move onto someone on a table outside only to have the table break and the person on the table stays floating in mid air.

Plus some moves that involve running to the ropes sometimes messes up if the opponent is too close to the ropes on the ground anf the wrestler runs in place for 2 or 3 mins until the AI opponent gets up and out of the way.

And this doesn't even mention the glitch removing turnbuckles in a created arena, or any of the bad Universe bookings and lack of branching stories which was a big selling piint for them this year.
---
"This is without a doubt, the greatest history in the moment of our sport !"
#2mrmccPosted 2/4/2013 7:49:32 AM
Unlucky you, never had one of these glitches :P
#3G-ZissPosted 2/4/2013 7:53:20 AM
mrmcc posted...

Yea, you and hulkhogan1.

I love it when people on this board claim to have a glitch-free copy.
#4DarthVashtiPosted 2/4/2013 7:55:34 AM
Glitches happen when new code is introduced or code is taken out. The glitches weren't caught because the game wasn't properly play tested. Otherwise the T-Rex glitch would have been caught right away.
#5kayoticdreamzPosted 2/4/2013 10:06:08 AM
the cut scene CAW part can be explained. why logic my say the cutscene outfit is what should appear the truth of the matter is that outfit doesn't appear anywhere in thegame and hasnt since its appearance in this series. it is just there for a reason i am not sure of.

i could add more to this list of glitches but i wont
#6WingedRegentPosted 2/4/2013 3:14:00 PM
mrmcc posted...

Yea, you and hulkhogan1.

I love it when people on this board claim to have a glitch-free copy.

*raises hand* I also didn't see any of the glitches the TC is posting about other than the issue of the AI wanting to break the announce table every damn time.

To add with glitches I HAVE seen however, I have also seen the 1 Count Glitch, which does take away from the drama of some of the matches, I will admit. I have also suffered from an issue with Triple Threat matches where it's almost as if they're programmed with the same settings/AI used to program the Breakdown Triple Threat match of Rock vs. Mankind vs. Shamrock, where Mankind and Shamrock could be going against each other all the way on one side of the ring, but when they do a finisher, it automatically warps them to wherever you may be and they hit you with the finisher, despite targeting the other person.

Overall, I'd say it's a give-and-take of glitches compared to WWE '12 from my own personal experience. WWE '12 has the Universe Mode Interference Glitch, which was annoying and still happened (Although much rarer) after the patch, while I haven't encountered anything like that in WWE '13, and WWE '13 has kept the storylines actively going for me. Yet to see a Branching Storyline, but I've seen a lot of story build-up in my main event scene on both RAW (Punk/Jericho/HHH/JBL) and Smackdown (Orton/Rock/Mysterio) as it relates to feuds.
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Seraphim_Dragon.png
You're casual if you like anything. Real hardcore gamers hate everything.-CyhortI82
#7WingedRegentPosted 2/4/2013 3:21:19 PM
I also should add that the "Two Wrestlers Get Switched During A Match" issue was something that happened in UFC Undisputed 3 under rare circumstances as well, actually. So, THQ/Yukes have had this issue before, but whatever may have been the cause found its way into another game.
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Seraphim_Dragon.png
You're casual if you like anything. Real hardcore gamers hate everything.-CyhortI82
#8mrmccPosted 2/4/2013 4:04:44 PM(edited)
I just said i've never seen any of these glitches, never said i have a glitch free copy maybe i will get them, i even said "unlucky you" they sound like they suck!