Best Divas roster in the WWE/Smackdown!/SvR series

#1Krees82Posted 6/26/2012 5:59:40 AM
Given we know that there are 7 Diva slots on the main roster for WWE' 13 plus it's pretty likely that there will be several more on the Attitude side (Lita, Trish and Stephanie McMahon are all rumoured from the supposed leaked list) plus potentially a few more on DLC, what has been your favourite (and least favourite) Divas roster on any WWE game? I have only included those from the WWE/Smackdown/SvR series so please no questions about the RAW or Wrestlemania games as I haven't played those.

WWF Smackdown! (2000): Chyna, Debra, Tori (plus create a wrestler parts were unlock able for Ivory, Jacqueline and Stephanie McMahon)
WWF Smackdown! 2: Know Your Role (2000): Chyna, Debra (unlockable), Ivory, Jacqueline, The Kat, Lita, Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley, Tori, Trish Stratus
WWF Smackdown! Just Bring It (2001): Ivory, Lita, Molly Holly, Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley (unlockable), Trish Stratus
WWE Smackdown! Shut Your Mouth (2002): Ivory, Jazz, Lita, Molly Holly, Stacy Keibler, Stephanie McMahon, Torrie Wilson, Trish Stratus
WWE Smackdown! Here Comes The Pain (2003): Jazz, Lita, Sable, Stacy Keibler, Stephanie McMahon, Torrie Wilson, Trish Stratus, Victoria
WWE Smackdown vs Raw (2004): Molly Holly, Sable, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson, Trish Stratus, Victoria
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2006 (2005): Christy Hemme, Joy Giovanni, Lita, Michelle McCool,Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson, Trish Stratus
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 (2006): Candice Michelle, Jillian Hall, Lita, Melina, Mickie James, Torrie Wilson, Trish Stratus
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008 (2007): Ashley Massaro, Candice Michelle, Kelly Kelly, Melina, Michelle McCool, Mickie James, Torrie Wilson
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2009 (2008): Ashley, Beth Phoenix, Candice Michelle, Jillian Hall (unlockable), Layla (unlockable), Kelly Kelly, Maria, Melina, Michelle McCool, Mickie James, Victoria
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010 (2009): Beth Phoenix, Brie Bella, Eve Torres (unlockable), Gail Kim, Kelly Kelly, Maria, Maryse, Melina, Michelle McCool, Mickie James, Natalya, Nikki Bella, Trish Stratus (unlockable)
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2011 (2010): Alicia Fox, Beth Phoenix, Brie Bella, Eve Torres, Gail Kim, Kelly Kelly, Layla (DLC), Maryse, Melina, Michelle McCool, Mickie James (unlockable), Natalya, Nikki Bella
WWE 12 (2011): Alicia Fox (DLC), Beth Phoenix, Brie Bella (DLC), Eve Torres, Kelly Kelly, Kharma (DLC), Layla, Maryse, Michelle McCool (unlockable). Natalya, Nikki Bella (DLC), Trish Stratus (DLC), Vickie Guerrero (DLC)

I have based my decision both on quantity and quality (improved technology and DLC not withstanding). I think the Divas roster on any WWE video game is usually reflective of how much value WWE places on the division at the time so whilst it is probably my favourite game out of the series, the roster on WWE SvR 2006 is probably my least favourite as reflective of the lack of women's wrestling on TV in 2005, we were again lumbered with Stacy and Torrie (despite the fact neither did much of note that year except that Stacy left and Torrie moved to RAW and turned heel). The only decent new addition of note was Christy Hemme whilst the other two were Joy Giovanni (me neither?) and Michelle McCool (albeit before we knew she would become Michelle Mccool) all in street clothes which is never a good look. The only real spark was the return of Lita after being cruelly left of WWE SvR. Thankfully a decent CAW mode meant that I could at least make Victoria, Molly Holly and Mickie James to play with and again exchange the Women's Title in Exhibition mode.
Although the quality and quantity has vastly improved over the last 4 games (improved technology and DLC not withstanding), my favourite has to be WWE SvR 2009 which was reflective of generally a good period in the Divas division with Beth Phoenix, Layla and Maria all finally appearing the series and one of my favourite Divas, Victoria, finally being reintroduced after a 5-year absence/exclusion from the series, which was apt as she left WWE not long after the game came out.
#2steph o macPosted 6/26/2012 11:36:13 AM
Smackdown 1 through Here Come's The Pain were all my favorites.... but Smackdown 2's women roster was huge. Chyna, Debra, Stephanie, Lita, Trish, The Kat, Ivory, and Jacqueline... :)
---

Zelda > Peach
#3lunafanPosted 6/26/2012 11:58:45 AM
WWF Smackdown! 2: Know Your Role (2000): Chyna, Debra (unlockable), Ivory, Jacqueline, The Kat, Lita, Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley, Tori, Trish Stratus
---
Oh, why aren't they doing Tomorrow's new dance steps. The way they used to yesterday. And who draws a perfect circle anymore.
#4BfetishPosted 6/28/2012 9:54:20 PM
SVR 2009 had the best diva roster in my opinion. Just for the fact it was the last SVR game to have Divas wrestle the male superstars. I also played the crap out of SVR 2009. It was fun taking my diva caws online and beating male caws.

SVR 2011 is second because it probably had the most diva wrestlers( 12 in game diva wrestlers/not counting DLC) in any wrestling game to date. You can also use divas in most of the match types available. The overalls on the divas were the best as well.