Can anyone tell me if theres some kinda story mode?

#1Mercilus_OnePosted 7/6/2012 12:47:57 PM
Topic.
---
"What don't kill you, makes you stronger."
#2arturo228Posted 7/6/2012 5:17:44 PM
Yes there is but it's not gonna be called story mode. This is the info I found in the product description from Best Buy: "Explore the explosive, new single-player campaign which focuses on eight grandiose personalities from the influential Attitude Era of WWE, including WWE Hall of Famer Stone Cold Steve Austin".
#3ChrisOfTheRiverPosted 7/6/2012 8:26:22 PM
@arturo228
So basically, when all Attitude wrestlers have been OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED (not that 'leaked' stuff) then the 'story' type of the game is going through the events that have happened during the time??? So for instance if you choose Bret Hart, the story would involve possibly the Montreal Screwjob?? Or Mankind, his fight with 'Taker with the Hell in a Cell match? Sorry that im asking you, just sort of running it by you type of thing! haha
#4Mercilus_One(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2012 8:46:33 PM
Hmm, I've always loved playing the story modes in most of the WWF/WWE games but I feel like this will disappoint me. Im glad I didnt but last years cuz when they do something new its like a beta. Anyway, Im still getting it cuz I needa new wrestling game but man I wish the developers can feel like they're always competing to make the wrestling game ever. Sadly, they dont & theres no wonder why fans still play the old games.
---
"What don't kill you, makes you stronger."
#5arturo228Posted 7/8/2012 9:30:10 PM
ChrisOfTheRiver posted...
@arturo228
So basically, when all Attitude wrestlers have been OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED (not that 'leaked' stuff) then the 'story' type of the game is going through the events that have happened during the time??? So for instance if you choose Bret Hart, the story would involve possibly the Montreal Screwjob?? Or Mankind, his fight with 'Taker with the Hell in a Cell match? Sorry that im asking you, just sort of running it by you type of thing! haha

Well no one knows for sure exactly what they're going to do yet, but it does seem like they would include some of the events that happened during that time. However, I highly doubt they would include the Montreal Screwjob...
#6RonWeasslyPosted 7/9/2012 7:11:31 AM
arturo228 posted...
ChrisOfTheRiver posted...
@arturo228

Well no one knows for sure exactly what they're going to do yet, but it does seem like they would include some of the events that happened during that time. However, I highly doubt they would include the Montreal Screwjob...

To WWE, the Montreal Screwjob is considered part of the Attitude Era. I would guess that if we can play as Bret Hart, maybe...just MAYBE we would have a "what if" story where he stayed until WrestleMania 14.
---
Goodbye Toonami 1997-2008. Anime and action fans will never forget.
http://www.gifsoup.com/view3/1368250/yyh-2-o.gif
#7arturo228Posted 7/13/2012 5:15:12 PM
The Montreal Screwjob did take place during the Attitude Era. However, since it was a real life situation, and not an angle, I doubt that it would be included in the game.
#8Raven_CyarmPosted 7/13/2012 8:35:32 PM
When has there NOT been a story mode in any of the yearly games? There's your answer. >_>
---
#AntiSmark
http://www.youtube.com/RavenCyarm
#9pirajacintoPosted 7/14/2012 10:07:25 PM
How would a storyline based on that even work...? Unless you play it from Shawn's angle, as Bret's would have to take place with him going to WCW.

Actually, that would be pretty cool. You'll play as Shawn Michaels first kicking Jennety in the face as yoru start, then go to a few random boats as you go for the boyhood dream against Bret, which later after a few defends you beat Bret with the screw up, eventually going to fight Stone Cold.

However, storyline switches to you as Stone Cold, then you continue his storyline with the Undertaker until like he gets injured or something, then you switch or The Rock or even Mankind and have some Rock and Sock connection until you end up playing as Triple H, beating up Cactus Jack and being the Stephanie storyline.

...could be ALOT of fun like that! It'll allow you to be a part of the original DX while having one single storyline, like how WWE12 tried to do.

By the way, sorry for the mess up in the order of events.
---
It was great seeing Aerith run around Times Square and Pedigree opponents in the train station. - Strife2
If love can hurt, then surely hate can save. - Altena
#10arturo228Posted 7/16/2012 9:54:57 PM
pirajacinto posted...
You'll play as Shawn Michaels first kicking Jennety in the face .

Nah, that took place during "The Barber Shop" which was hosted by Brutus the Barber Beefcake, which was long before the Attitude Era started...