ATTITUDE!...rated PG?!

#1Perksurx13Posted 8/28/2012 1:45:06 PM
The WWE has gone PG to attract a family audience; even the games have been toned down...blood having to be turned on, Backstage Brawls are now slapfests, more 'extreme' elements cut out (no more elbow drops from helicopters) etc.

So...how much sense does it make to make a game based on the Attitude era made famous by the use of sex, nudity, profanity and extreme violence?

And what's the button combo to make Mae Young give birth to a human hand?
---
"Welcome to the edge. It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here"
Eliza Cassan 'Deus Ex:The Human Revolution'
#2king_gimpyPosted 8/28/2012 6:33:18 PM
The games aren't PG. You can still do stuff in the games they don't do on TV, and there's more blood in the games than on TV. So what if the blood has an on/off option? Even Mortal Kombat 9 has that and it's a very violent M rated game.
---
A New Messiah, Another Lie
A New Messiah, To Be Denied
#3yankeefan307Posted 8/28/2012 7:11:36 PM
The blur out Austins fingers when he flips people off. That is a bit much.
#4king_gimpyPosted 8/29/2012 3:15:55 AM
yankeefan307 posted...

For ****'s sake, as has been said, they were blurred on TV! So it's just keeping with how it was presented on TV.
---
#5AmytheevilPosted 8/29/2012 3:24:57 AM
king_gimpy posted...
yankeefan307 posted...

For ****'s sake, as has been said, they were blurred on TV! So it's just keeping with how it was presented on TV.

They weren't blurred in the attitude era and they haven't been blurred in the games i believe until now.(i could be wrong but i dont rember never not seeing his finger's.
#6SetzeraPosted 8/29/2012 4:10:31 AM
I've heard there are a few features that were taken out because the games are rated E to T, like intergender no dq matches. If WWE were to make an M rated game just one year out of ten, that would be the game that could define attitude era best.

Not complaining though, this year looks good so far, just hope it's not all hype.
#7king_gimpyPosted 8/29/2012 4:42:18 AM
Amytheevil posted...
king_gimpy posted...
yankeefan307 posted...

They weren't blurred in the attitude era and they haven't been blurred in the games i believe until now.(i could be wrong but i dont rember never not seeing his finger's.

I torrented the entirety of RAW is WAR from 1998. When watching Austin confront Tyson he flips him the double bird and it was blurred, so yes, they did at least blur it sometimes on TV.
---
#8Ryan SiPosted 8/29/2012 6:13:53 AM
Why is there no "MR. ASS" on the back of Billy Gunn's attire....not even one single set of lips....just solid Blue ring attire. They're either lazy or the game is PG-level.

Billy Gunn wasn't "The One" or "Billy G" during the majority of this era...he was "Badd Ass Billy Gunn" or "Mr. Ass"

I mean yeah, occasionally he wore attire that didn't have any lips or words on it, but you're going to represent him with what he's least known for....doesn't make any sense.
---
Most Anticipated: Doom 3 BFG Edition (PC), Grand Theft Auto V (PS3), SimCity (PC)
#9Perksurx13(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2012 1:22:47 PM
I started to notice the PG aspect creeping in a long time ago; the last time Scott Steiner was in a Smackdown they changed the 69 logo on his tight's to 96.

As for TV blurring and bleeping, I think it depends on the network, so not everyone sees a censored version.
---
"Welcome to the edge. It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here"
Eliza Cassan 'Deus Ex:The Human Revolution'
#10yutterhPosted 8/30/2012 3:19:55 PM
So what if they changed the stuff around a little. It isnt anything major the only thing is the no intergender matches that is annoying but besides that blurring things out or changing names around a little are okay as long as they dont change the entire attire. You can still use soemhting called your imagination ya know.
---
Good news everyone! - Hubert Farnsworth
What do you mean "we", flesh-tube? - bender
More topics from this board...
Boosting?Syko_Darksyde34/13 2:34PM