Misogynist, check... Homophobic, check.

#1DreamGoddess1Posted 1/28/2013 9:52:01 PM
So we already went over how stupid the game is by not letting women and men wrestle each other. Now on to the next problem,

I went to create a custom storyline, and thankfully I checked this out before doing a bunch of parts. I wanted two of my CAW women to get together (as a tag team, against enemies, and then romantically), and tried to put them in the diva kiss scene together. I got the error "you put a diva in a superstar slot". Rejected.

This is incredibly frustrating. Again, this is a limitation that takes extra code to put in. That means they limited this purely on the basis of sexuality, all to stop players from having any homosexual storyline. Never mind that no one would be bothered by it they can't risk players being able to *gasp* do what they wanna do.

Way to go, WWE, you've alienated two sections of fans now. I know this isn't as big a deal as the other thing, but it ticked me off because I'd like my group at least capable of being represented.
---
Spread the joy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH2-TGUlwu4
#2WrestlingRPGfanPosted 1/28/2013 9:53:07 PM
Funny considering the WWE was promoting "HLA" on-screen just a few years ago.
---
WrestlingRPGfan
It's a shame more don't think like you. - twisted dogma
#3milkmanv1Posted 1/28/2013 9:59:12 PM(edited)
Actually, it was 10 years ago, and it's a different product now. And again, it's a WWE mandated thing that men and women must stay in separate matches or gender tag, not a THQ/Yuke's decision. We had a guy who shared some behind-the-scenes stuff during his four-month internship working as a writer at WWE, and one thing he said was that WWE "does not even want to think about man-on-woman violence."

And no, it's not really a big deal. Considering how well WWE '13's selling, I don't think anyone's shedding tears about not being able to have their Zack vs. Eve dream match, besides TC of course.
---
You're going to like the way you look
I guarantee it.
#4DreamGoddess1(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 10:25:22 PM(edited)
milkmanv1 posted...
Actually, it was 10 years ago, and it's a different product now. And again, it's a WWE mandated thing that men and women must stay in separate matches or gender tag, not a THQ/Yuke's decision. We had a guy who shared some behind-the-scenes stuff during his four-month internship working as a writer at WWE, and one thing he said was that WWE "does not even want to think about man-on-woman violence."

And no, it's not really a big deal. Considering how well WWE '13's selling, I don't think anyone's shedding tears about not being able to have their Zack vs. Eve dream match, besides TC of course.

EDIT

My dream match, involving at least one WWE superstar, would actually be Mariko Yoshida vs. Daniel Bryan or Cheerleader Melissa vs. CM Punk.
---
Spread the joy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH2-TGUlwu4
#5spikefreakyPosted 1/29/2013 4:08:35 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#6Princess_CakeyPosted 1/29/2013 5:52:09 AM
Unfortunately if you want to have any kind of inter-gender interactions on this game you just gotta create transgender CAWs (which is easier said than done with the limited amount of women's clothing for guys)

In all honestly I'm surprised they didn't feel the need to remove what little clothing there was that would be deemed crossdressing and that guys can use female movesets.
---
PSN: Princess_Cake
http://www.facebook.com/nikkiwright87 http://princesscakenikki.deviantart.com/
#7CJ_Flash_ManPosted 1/29/2013 6:20:11 AM
You do realize the WWE is a business right? They have to appeal to investors and advertisers. I'm not against men wrestling women, its been done all over the place. In the WWE, TNA, CHIKARA, over in Japan, Mexico, all over the place. But they have to adhere to guidelines and do things that aren't cost them money or merchandise deals. You can whine about the rating of the show or whine about this, but just accept it. I don't agree with it in theory, but I'm not gonna lose sleep over it. In all honesty, they don't have any women, well aside from like Natalya, that could even work with men. I'd rather see see them get their Diva's division in order and promoter a better women's product than they have now.
---
Dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed
#8Princess_CakeyPosted 1/29/2013 6:27:03 AM
CJ_Flash_Man posted...
You do realize the WWE is a business right? They have to appeal to investors and advertisers. I'm not against men wrestling women, its been done all over the place. In the WWE, TNA, CHIKARA, over in Japan, Mexico, all over the place. But they have to adhere to guidelines and do things that aren't cost them money or merchandise deals. You can whine about the rating of the show or whine about this, but just accept it. I don't agree with it in theory, but I'm not gonna lose sleep over it. In all honesty, they don't have any women, well aside from like Natalya, that could even work with men. I'd rather see see them get their Diva's division in order and promoter a better women's product than they have now.

Well the problem with the diva's division corresponds to this "No male on female" crud. Divas are viewed as prissy little china dolls that are too fragile to be powerslammed by any man who weighs more than 100 pounds.

I can understand something like the Dudley Boys powerbombing Mae Young off the stage through a table but as it stands in the game... heres an example. If you have two divas in the ring and one of them has a male manager and does the "Pull the rope down" trick you'll somehow be disqualified as if your manager was beating the everloving hell out of your female opponent.
---
PSN: Princess_Cake
http://www.facebook.com/nikkiwright87 http://princesscakenikki.deviantart.com/
#9theonedalekPosted 1/29/2013 7:17:51 AM
Princess_Cakey posted...
CJ_Flash_Man posted...

Well the problem with the diva's division corresponds to this "No male on female" crud. Divas are viewed as prissy little china dolls that are too fragile to be powerslammed by any man who weighs more than 100 pounds.

I can understand something like the Dudley Boys powerbombing Mae Young off the stage through a table but as it stands in the game... heres an example. If you have two divas in the ring and one of them has a male manager and does the "Pull the rope down" trick you'll somehow be disqualified as if your manager was beating the everloving hell out of your female opponent.

The hole thing gets stranger when it's ok for Ice Ribbon (witch is a promotion intended for children) to havefully grown having matches with a 14 year old girl (and hilariously they job to to her) but it's not ok for wwe to have an adult women fight the men.
#10kayoticdreamzPosted 1/29/2013 2:39:39 PM
spikefreaky posted...
Go and ***** yourself having come from a home where domestic violence was the norm I'm glad WWE don't endorse it, stop being so f****** selfish and actually think about what it would be saying is ok.

benevolent sexism look it up. essentially people treat one sex as great while condemning. in this case we tell ourselves it is good that men can't hit women while at the same time saying women and men are not equal and do not deserve equal rights. it is the same as saying you love your wife while saying she damn sure better stay in the kitchen or else.

so in all honesty you are the sexist one. and this mentality often breeds domestic violence because once again women are not allowed to step outside their roles but since the door is opened for them and they are treated "good" no one complains and calls everyone else the sexist which is ironic given they are the sexist ones themselves.

once again look up the term benevolent sexism.