Reversing the Big Boot

#1694377Posted 2/2/2013 12:49:45 PM
Is it even possible? I've only ever seen one person do this; and it was in an Elimination Chamber match. Other than that, it's as though the reversal icon appears too late; and even if you do it early, still nothing.

The amount of online matches I've had with Undertaker players who do nothing but spam it is atrocious. Pick up > Lock-up > Big Boot > rinse and repeat.

If it is reversible, WHEN should I press R2? It seems like every time I press it, it's either Too Late, or the reversal indicator doesn't appear. Never have I had it tell me 'Too Early'.

I'm sure there are plenty with this problem, so I post this on behalf of those guys.
---
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/694377 - My Dissidia Videos (Normal, Ad-Hoc & Requested. Just about some of the best you'd find on Youtube.)
#2WrestlinFanPosted 2/2/2013 8:53:16 PM
It's difficult to time, but not impossible.
---
AE=overrated. Edge/Undertaker is my favorite feud of the modern era, and perhaps of all time.
#3KenpoKid69Posted 2/3/2013 6:55:13 AM(edited)
As far as I know you can reverse any move. Some are harder to reverse than others of course, which is why some people like to spam them.

What you could do is spam it against the cpu (raise the difficulty if you need to) and find out its timing on how to counter it.
---
Mug Root Beer? I'm not thirsty enough to resort to violence, yet....
KenpoKid69, Yugioh In-game Name: Kate-O FC: 352527548010
#4DreamGoddess1Posted 2/4/2013 5:28:25 PM
Well, even if you lose to s move spammer, take comfort in the fact that it was because the player was a total n00b. Real gamers don't pull that kind of crap.
---
Spread the joy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH2-TGUlwu4
#5DreamGoddess1Posted 2/6/2013 6:01:44 AM
Now I actually have personal experience with this. Indeed, the move spamming is irritating.

I went up against someone who was purposely lagging the game, throwing off my ability to do anything. He then spammed big boot over and over again for like 5 minutes straight. After that, he spammed some unblockable splash move I haven't seen before over and over again for another 5 minutes. Only then did he put me in a submission and got the win.

I didn't get a single move off.

I hate damn n00bs like that. If i see it in the future I'll just DC myself. I'm not putting up with that crap from n00bs that have no skill and don't wanna learn how to play.
---
Spread the joy!
#6sandman9900Posted 2/6/2013 8:04:54 AM
^^^This to a T. I won't stay in a match where the very chance of winning is taken away. I've won against some crazy odds, but purposeful lag and spamming is just too much. Screw that, I'll take chances with the quitting loss since I would've lost anyway. It's sad that some people have to purposely ruin the experience for others so they can feel better, that's most of why I almost hate trying to play Black Ops 2 anymore.
---
2013 PWB Royal Rumble winner.
PSN: sandman000
#7The_Kingman_KidPosted 2/6/2013 9:32:00 PM
I have reversed the big boot before, it is difficult to do at times though. The one I hate is where they stand next to you when your down, then they run to the ropes and come back and splash. I've had several people do that over and over. I had no lag and it said reversed several times but the move goes through anyway.
---
ICW.ps3gaming.org ~ League Recruiter
Seeking new members, check it out: ICW.ps3gaming.org
#8DreamGoddess1Posted 2/7/2013 4:29:30 AM
The_Kingman_Kid posted...
I have reversed the big boot before, it is difficult to do at times though. The one I hate is where they stand next to you when your down, then they run to the ropes and come back and splash. I've had several people do that over and over. I had no lag and it said reversed several times but the move goes through anyway.

Yeah, that's the other move I was talking about in my post, the running splash thing!
---
Spread the joy!
#9Steph_O_MacPosted 2/14/2013 9:22:28 AM(edited)
The big boot strike can be reversed, however it should be pressed later than when trying to reverse a grapple. If you time it like you would for a grapple move it will fail 'cause too early, basically you have to press R2 the moment your opponent releases you from the grapple and is about to start his big boot animation (depending on the lag, you'd have to adjust).

On the paper, it could create a good mechanic to trick one's opponent by mixing strikes and grapples but since spammers have an IQ lower than the one of an oyster, you can be pretty safe that they will keep doing the big boot move even if you keep countering it, so no fear to receive a grapple instead of a strike when they grapple you which thus makes it even easier to time the counter.

As for the Death From Above / Big Splash thing or whatever it's called in the game, yes, it seems that it's not possible to counter even if it says "reversed" and can be spammed ad vitam aeternam which is one of the several elements showing the game has been coded with their feet or by monkeys.
---
I have sampled every language, French is my favourite - fantastic language, especially to curse with. It's like wiping your ass with silk, I love it.